Gage Green Genetics Thread. . .

I get lots of hermies.  Could be I leave the flaps open a bit from time to time.  And they were test beans, he made that clear but I wanted the grapiest and didn't care. This one was 4 weeks into flower and just threw at the nodes.  The other GSOGPK was right next to it and none of the other 6-8 types hermied.  I pick the way I do because I make seeds.  Only the ones that show absolutely no male tendencies make it in my garden, it's not a judgement at all that it hermied.  One for 2 is actually pretty good compared to a lot of other companies out there, esp for test beans, for my garden.

Can't wait to get to the diamonds and dust, like xmas morning everytime you crack a bean. 

I'll see if I can make it/make sure I make it.  I'll shoot you a pm for addy and time.

I get lots of hermies.  Could be I leave the flaps open a bit from time to time.  And they were test beans, he made that clear but I wanted the grapiest and didn't care. This one was 4 weeks into flower and just threw at the nodes.  The other GSOGPK was right next to it and none of the other 6-8 types hermied.  I pick the way I do because I make seeds.  Only the ones that show absolutely no male tendencies make it in my garden, it's not a judgement at all that it hermied.  One for 2 is actually pretty good compared to a lot of other companies out there, esp for test beans, for my garden.

Can't wait to get to the diamonds and dust, like xmas morning everytime you crack a bean. 

I'll see if I can make it/make sure I make it.  I'll shoot you a pm for addy and time.

The only testers I had issues with were SFV x OG and to my knowledge it was not released. They released a different San Fernando Valley , I think crossed to Cherry Puff ...not sure.  The weird thing was tho was that the SFV x OG testers I had were some of the dankest chem smelling fire I had in a few years.  But let it go because I have so much other genetics I need to get at.  Plus any herms freak me out.

But the SFV that I had issues with was from part heat in my room last summer when it got hot when one of my MIni-splits blew then we had the floods so it was back to back problems.  But mine blew ballsacs not hermies.  Other than that no issues.

From what I have found if there is a pre-disposition already in the gene and you run into a stressor like heat, PH issues, huge gaps in day/night temps they can come out.  But who knows.  Gage has FIRE genetics so we could debate about this all day into the night..lol.

Edited by motorcitymeds

" Grape Puff depending on pheno can get some huge Colas. I narrowed it down to 2 phenos. Close yet slight differences that can make a world of difference in the grow room. Both yield big."

I know the exact pheno's your talking about. They look and grow the same, but one has 10-15 tops while the other has 7-11 tops. One roots in a little less than a week, the other takes a little over a week. Can't tell a difference in structure size or shape though.

Edited by slipstar059

Pretty much ...I agree ..One has a slower VEGG rate but explodes in flower.  Well both explode in flower but 1 get Ginormous top buds and can lean or flop.  While the other seems to hold its weight better and only marginally will lean. Both Grape Puff phenos I chose have enormous yield potential.. My only beef is 1 can literally get so fat that it flops over..I have a bush in my garden right now that I have been cursing for a week because the last 7-10 days it literally started to flop over like a candy cane bit if you want to talk the yields on it PM me.

Both pehno's I selected tho seem to finish in 7.75 weeks.  8-25 max.  I do not think I have ever let either run to 9 weeks.. well I take that back I did once or twice and noticed the buds started to deteriorate a bit so I pull it right on time every time.  Grape Puff is 1 strain I do not let run longer or get lazy with.  I can let pretty much let all the gage strains go an xtra week if I am being lazy or busy but not G Puff is needs to come down right away or the presentation of the buds for some reason does not look as sexy.  It's like is loses it frost a bit.

Bright Moment tho can be pulled in 7 weeks and has amazing FROST.  that's why my people nick named her the "Frost Boss".  I can let that go 8.5-9 weeks it just turns more purple on the fan leaves and secondary fans.  It may lose a tiny bit of the BLING BLING as the resin heads begin to get suppressed or fall down but it still outshines every thing it crosses paths with.  Every time I bring her to match up with some CG's but she always comes out on top.  Every time.

I have 4 Pheno's I kept of Bright Moments after going thru 5 packs 4 pheno's I share with people but the "Frost Boss" is not getting passed around anymore so those who were lucky enough to get that cut from me are very lucky.  Even the recent 2 packs gage sent me were dankity I kept 2 more from the recent test packs but they still got shiiyat on by the "'Frost Boss".

Edited by motorcitymeds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Every seed received from Gage Green germinated so far. Every plant is a genetic wonder. these guys are the real deal.  I've had no issues with any strain of theirs since I started giving them some space in the garden. I'm about ready to devote my space to Gage Green and TGA Subcool here. Both are always the number one menu pick for my patients and myself. After growing all of the "grapes" offered commercially I used to think "grape" was a joke.......then I found GG, silly me.