Vapor Pens. Post Your Experiences Here.

I have bought a omicrom and a Gpen, Both are broken maybe a month of use.

Omicrom broke when the cart took a poop, then the battery quit charging

The Gpen, broke before I got to even use it.. The ceramic part broke when I was taking it out to fill it($25), then maybe a month or two later the charger broke the little pin pulled out from inside of the charger.

They worked well when they were working, loved the fact that they didn't put off any odor and could use it on the move.

Trix

:bong2:

I have bought a omicrom and a Gpen, Both are broken maybe a month of use.

Omicrom broke when the cart took a poop, then the battery quit charging

The Gpen, broke before I got to even use it.. The ceramic part broke when I was taking it out to fill it($25), then maybe a month or two later the charger broke the little pin pulled out from inside of the charger.

They worked well when they were working, loved the fact that they didn't put off any odor and could use it on the move.

Trix

:bong2:

Yes the f5

Thank you both for your input.

I've had the Gpen, the 7:10 pens and now the g pen micro. I'll say I'm done buying these things, they work for a month tops then one component defecates out, you get a replacement or buy a replacement then the next part dies. The Gpen lasted maybe 3 weeks, then the tank went out, got the new one from grenco for free after a lot of convincing then a week later the battery went out. They replaced the battery one time, lasted two weeks and another tank burned out. Got one more replacement then the battery died again in 3 more weeks and that was the end of it. The 7:10 comes with two pens and they lasted 4 weeks and 6 weeks respectivley. I've just recently purchased the g pen micro and I've still got both that it came with but it uses a lot more concentrate than a nail or a skillet and the taste isn't nearly as good. If you NEED to be incognito on the move you should have one but don't expect it to last. I'd suggest getting the cheapest one since you're going to have to replace it

I like my OPhos which is the next gen Omicron I believe.  That is, when it has some oil in it to use I love it!  Ha Ha Ha!!   Very easy to use and my supplier backs up everything I ever bought from them!  I appreciate how it can ease my pain quickly without a lot of fuss when it is charged and loaded.  Good luck, may you have a good one!

Peace...

I have tried the pharmfresh cartridges before and they pretty much served their purpose. They could have been stronger and maybe they are now but they did work.

I am trying to get my own tincture to work with my cosmo tank so that it will be stronger and less harsh on my lungs. If anyone has any pointers dont hesitate to send me a message..... Sorry not trying to hijack your thread.

Nice rig. What do the cartridges look like inside?

I have tried the pharmfresh cartridges before and they pretty much served their purpose. They could have been stronger and maybe they are now but they did work.

I am trying to get my own tincture to work with my cosmo tank so that it will be stronger and less harsh on my lungs. If anyone has any pointers dont hesitate to send me a message..... Sorry not trying to hijack your thread.

No problem. Im interested in hearing about it if you have some success.

The cartridges for the full size unit have a white tube that is in the center and goes up to about 1/4 inch form the top...They hold about 0.8 grams of oil...They work best with less runny type oils...If the oil is thin it will migrate up into the tube. If this happens all you have to do is hold the button for a few seconds before you pull (suck) on it...They work best if you draw slowly....HJ

I'm experimenting with a couple. One requires an extract, the other oil, I think. To make the extract I intend to heat equal parts bud and vegetable glycerine at 230-240 degrees for as long as I find it takes. Lower temps and longer steeps may work better. Glycerine is the nicotine carrier in those devices. Nicotine, however, is water soluble, unlike cannabis. I have seen youtube video that displays the process. The extracts can be given many, many flavors.

Re: the oil vape, it has a wick of sorts that must be fully immersed in some kind of oil. Taking hashish, liquefying it with mineral spirits, which is sold in drug stores as a laxative, and filtering it might do the trick.

I'll let you know.

I am a fan of the omicron. 

Pros:

No odor

Great customer support

A fill last for weeks with heavy use

very stealthy

no warm up time

lifetime warranty

If a cartridge fries part of the oil can be reclaimed, though there is some loss.

Cartridges can be refilled a number of times

Cons:

If oil is runny it may leak

Cartridges need to be stored in upright position

Oil that has too much chlorophyll shortens the life of the cart 

Small learning cure to use

Cartridges can not be stored in high temperatures, such as in a car.

You can overheat a cartridge, which can cause it to plug up or leak(learning curve).

I'm experimenting with a couple. One requires an extract, the other oil, I think. To make the extract I intend to heat equal parts bud and vegetable glycerine at 230-240 degrees for as long as I find it takes. Lower temps and longer steeps may work better. Glycerine is the nicotine carrier in those devices. Nicotine, however, is water soluble, unlike cannabis. I have seen youtube video that displays the process. The extracts can be given many, many flavors.

Re: the oil vape, it has a wick of sorts that must be fully immersed in some kind of oil. Taking hashish, liquefying it with mineral spirits, which is sold in drug stores as a laxative, and filtering it might do the trick.

I'll let you know.

Mineral Spirits will kill you. I think you meant to say 'mineral oil'. Big difference. 

Just got my micro-vaped in the mail last night and tried it with a little earwax.  Initial impressions are great!  Really quick heat up.  Nice big vapor clouds.  Unit feels heavy/sturdy for its size.  Can't comment on longevity as I just got it last night.  So far, so good.

http://www.ruvaped.com/

I've had my Omnicron oil vape for 6 months now I love the ease of use to get my pain erased  2 good puffs I'm  feeling no pain for hours .

You must have bought the garauntee! I passed on the extra garauntee, I like my nite life to much!

Oh wait! that may have been the tax man! either way it was a pain!

Peace

Jim

gosh darn that hurts with my eyes closed!!!

Edited by zapatosunidos

I stand corrected.

Even with mineral oil, it could be hazardous. I think mineral oil vapor would be dangerous for your lungs.

Just got my micro-vaped in the mail last night and tried it with a little earwax.  Initial impressions are great!  Really quick heat up.  Nice big vapor clouds.  Unit feels heavy/sturdy for its size.  Can't comment on longevity as I just got it last night.  So far, so good.

http://www.ruvaped.com/

Thank You. Looks a lot like the 710 mini.

I've been using the Vapor Cone for the past 3 months and have found it to be most adequate. I've probably put 4 grams of concentrates through it so far. I had to replace the glass cartridge with a plastic one as the glass got cracked and leaked product slowly. The new plastic cartridge is a lot better for me as I can be a bit rough on equipment...lol...it is easy to fill and gives excellent medical delivery. The battery stays charged for well over a week at a time and, so far, I've had no problems with that aspect. Overall, I would give the unit a grade of A+. Peace ... j.b.

Do you guys actualy use tinctures in them refills? Ive never used the lil ones just for oil! If your using tin tinctures in them, Im just wondering why?  I would think the oil would be way better, I have like 3 dif bowls around here with my little bho sticks in them(i quit putting my oil in glass jars) I extreact my bho, I carmilize it, I grind up a lil bit of nice budd and than I roll it into a tiny pencil shape, I put keif down to roll it in, it isnt sticky at all, but it is 7/8 bho and maybe a 1/8 of realy ground mj, and keif on the out side, it is smokeable, it is cookable, smokeable, and you can cut a piece off and just eat it! it has the most versatiliy for what ails you than ive come up with so far, if you eat it it last the longest, but it takes a while to hit, so if you eat it, cut a peice of and smoke a little in a bowl and it wont take as long to make you feel goo!

Isnt that what every one who is sick, depressed, life kinda blows, we get with people in good moods and we wish we could feel the same way! Bottom line depresion hurts, so you should take what ever your well known dr. gives you to help you with depresion, remember you only know if it feels better, you have to be honest with your dr, or dont waist your time,

Peace, and wow I love the meds I have now! and im not going no where! only in our world eh!

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo