There have been several threads that have discussed this issue but I had a few questions and wondered what about the general consensus.
It seems 'no solvents' would be the best option but then again, receiving the flood of cannabinoids from a concentrate can be very beneficial to people with certain afflictions. So there is a risk/benefit assessment that must be done on a case by case basis. There is no absolute answer I don't believe.
How likely is it that the extract will help and is the possible harm from a solvent residue more risky than the damage/pain from the affliction. To the 'terminal cancer patient', that residue would have to be pretty harmful to outweigh the possible benefits. To the patient with a sore knee, that knee would have to be awfully painful to outweigh the possible risks from a solvent.
Do these solvents accumulate in a person's body over time with repeated use? Some toxins are passed with each use and some things accumulate in organs of the body and eventually reach a toxic level. Does anyone know if residues from butane, naphtha, or iso alcohol accumulate in humans?
How much of these solvents would a person need to ingest in a sitting in order to feel sick? In other words, how many milliliters of iso alcohol or naphtha would a person have to drink to have ill effects?
I know there is residue in all naphtha extracts but if the naphtha is say 1-2% of the extract(a guess), is that residual amount a real health concern? To a healthy person? To a terminal patient?