Extracts And Solvents

A quick google search of propylene glycol allergy shows that it is likely to be more common than the 1% quoted in the toxicological report.

Here are a couple more links that reference a 2010 study.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101019084607.htm

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/paints-cleaners-children-asthma-allergy/

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using ecigs for a couple of months and I feel great.  I guess some folks can be sensitive to it, and of course they shouldn't use it if they are, but they sure as heck can't be any worse than cigarettes.

The neurotoxicity section you quoted had the subjects ingesting 15ml at once. That's a lot of PG in relative terms. A 15ml bottle of nicotine juice will last me a couple weeks, and I'm not inhaling all the PG, some is exhaled, so the amount of PG I'm ingesting is probably less than one fluid ounce a month.

Probably get more from my toothpaste than I do my ecig.

Edited by Northern Lab

Well the part I quoted says 2-15 ml. I usually don't vape my toothpaste or swallow it. I think the label even specifically says in case of ingestion contact the poison control center. So you are pretty sure there is no possibility that inhaled PG could be problematic?  I'm not so sure.

gee wiz, you guys and your crew, your ignorance is mind boggling to me. Or is is just simply hatred? I have yet to figure that out.

It saddens me to see so much quality information wrongfully debunked on this web forum. The arrogance is ridiculous.

I would like to point out a couple of things. All of the links and information that was provided falsely represents the propylene glycol USP that is being used and approved in e-cigarettes, food, beverages, and medicines. "Propylene Glycol USP is approved for Food, Beverage, and Medical applications. For all Food and Medical applications please ensure you are using products that are labeled USP."

Don't you all have something more productive to do rather than trolling threads and damaging good information?

I am sure that nearly everyone has ingested propylene glycol usp sometime in the last 24 hours. Unless of course you grow and make everything you eat and drink. Do you drink soda pop, juice, do you eat fast food? I could go on and on.

Is it not RIDICULOUS to be here on a medical marijuana website stating your opinion that propylene glycol usp is dangerous and yet you consume it nearly everyday?

I am using food and medical grade propylene glycol usp. There is a difference.

I have said my peace. :) So while you all are finding any way possible to debunk quality information, I'm sitting here enjoying my medicine.

Surfing And Vaping  6 7 13 005

Wow. Lighten up. Did you read the studies I posted?

According to the studies it is a potential cause of asthma in children.

The amount of PG that people eat is not necessarily the same as vaporizing and inhaling it multiple times a day for an extended period. Do you know the amounts that are in other substances compared to the amount that is inhaled when vaped? I don't. Thought it was just a discussion related to the topic of this thread.

Is Gluten not as readily used and supposedly safe additive to food products? Many people have issues with that though.

Peace.

GW pharma has figured out a way to make decarbed cannabinoids work in a spray bottle, so there has to be a way.

Anyone know what the components of Sativex are?

Here is a link to their patent

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7344736/fulltext.html

TLDR version; they decarb first, then do a CO2 extraction, then an ethanol extraction with a vac purge and activated charcoal filter then

and formulating the botanical drug substance with one or more pharmaceutically acceptable diluents, carriers or excipients to produce a pharmaceutical composition.