Establishing Michigan Residency

Hey Members,

Please forgive my first post. I just got some very hard news that doesn't give me the luxury of time. Not all states are created equal. I need help yesterday. I would be willing to elaborate with interested parties in private. Without explaining my medical situation, it's impossible for anyone not in my shoes to 'Get it' I won't be broken hearted if nobody steps up with offers of information, or assistance.

How can I establish residency with the least amount of delay? Can I find a friend out there to help me with an address or location to call my home? I don't live that far away now. The SW portion of the state might be the closest area where I'm looking for a caregiver/supplier. 

However, that location can change if they can't provide medicine designed to create sleep and nerve pain relief. Please, if anyone's out there reading this, I need an angel to show up now. I'm willing to make the relationship work for us both ways.

In specific, where would you go looking for treatment if you couldn't wait a month for pain control, or sleep. I'm on a three week jag where I've slept soundly twice. Most nights, I stare at the ceiling. Thanks everyone! 

Just because it is medically legal in Michigan doesn't mean that you should move here.  At the moment, the people that know you and trust you probably live near you.  Do you have any friends that use cannabis or might your friends know a guy that could get you some?  It seems kind of rash of you to move here to get a little marijuana to see if it helps your insomnia.  It would be best to know that cannabis is your best option before trying to establish residency.

I don't recall the number of days you have to be a resident before you can apply for a medical cannabis card but there is some number....30 or 90 or .    Then, you have to wait another 20 business days for your card to arrive.  Then, if you are still alive, you can start a garden or acquire from your duly designated caregiver.  Of course, if trust is established, many folks are compassionate and would help you asap.

Less legal but much easier to ask that black sheep cousin of yours that lives in your state if he can find you an 1/8 oz.  The problem you likely will have is on the black market, weed is weed.  There is not much discussion of variety and medical symptoms such as treating insomnia.  I'd guess you would be looking for a heavy indica but you could end up with mind racing sativa.

To quickly establish residency, maybe renting an apartment that could be later sublet....just a thought.

Doesn't sound like he is looking to move to Michigan.  He is looking for a way to get around the system so he doesn't have to move to Michigan.

Keep in mind that you need a Michigan identification card or driver license to apply for a card.  That, or some other picture ID and a copy of a Michigan voter registration card.  That means you need to establish residency.  Also, keep in mind that to apply for a Michigan ID or driver license you must surrender other state ID or driver license cards and provide other proof of residency. I would doubt that someone here will jump on this to act in collusion with you to illegally obtain this sort of ID.  Especially given that you have made one post here. 

I am sorry you are dealing with insomnia. Not sleeping can definatly takes its toll on ones body and mind.

This is not really an appropriate request for this forum.  This is a request for someone to break the law. 

Where have you obtained marijuana previous to now?  

Establish a residence and get legal, if that is your desire.   There are many of us willing to help educate you on going about it the "legal way".  

if you get your doctors rec to use mmj, that should be as good as a card in michigan.

so your question should be 'i have my doctors rec to use mmj, is there anyone or dispensary who would help a visitng patient out?' 

to which the answer would be a compassion club, or if you are really hard up try craigslist.

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

(l) "Visiting qualifying patient" means a patient who is not a resident of this state or who has been a resident of this state for less than 30 days.

Edited by t-pain

In reading the statement "not all states are created equally" and given what he is asking for, a person would deduce that he does not live in a state with medical marijuana.

Even if one had there card from another state, how would a CG be able to provide to them legally without being there registered patient? 

well obviously the michigan supreme court didnt take into effect a visiting qualifying patient when they made their mcqueen ruling.

doctors can still make recommendations for mmj even if they arent in a mmj state.

of course this might not be legal under other states, nor michigans mmj law.

i'm no lawyer. i think mich supreme court made a mistake in their rush to kill all dispensaries. dont take my advice.

if you get your doctors rec to use mmj, that should be as good as a card in michigan.

so your question should be 'i have my doctors rec to use mmj, is there anyone or dispensary who would help a visitng patient out?' 

to which the answer would be a compassion club, or if you are really hard up try craigslist.

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

(l) "Visiting qualifying patient" means a patient who is not a resident of this state or who has been a resident of this state for less than 30 days.

How do you figure?  A dr's rec isn't as good as a card.  A card provides section 4 protection while a rec does not.  That is poor advice.

No one can legally transfer to this person.  If he gets a dr's rec then maybe you would have a section 8 defense if necessary.  That's all that can be said.

Just because it is medically legal in Michigan doesn't mean that you should move here.  At the moment, the people that know you and trust you probably live near you.  Do you have any friends that use cannabis or might your friends know a guy that could get you some?  It seems kind of rash of you to move here to get a little marijuana to see if it helps your insomnia.  It would be best to know that cannabis is your best option before trying to establish residency.

I don't recall the number of days you have to be a resident before you can apply for a medical cannabis card but there is some number....30 or 90 or .    Then, you have to wait another 20 business days for your card to arrive.  Then, if you are still alive, you can start a garden or acquire from your duly designated caregiver.  Of course, if trust is established, many folks are compassionate and would help you asap.

Less legal but much easier to ask that black sheep cousin of yours that lives in your state if he can find you an 1/8 oz.  The problem you likely will have is on the black market, weed is weed.  There is not much discussion of variety and medical symptoms such as treating insomnia.  I'd guess you would be looking for a heavy indica but you could end up with mind racing sativa.

To quickly establish residency, maybe renting an apartment that could be later sublet....just a thought.

I'm only looking for help with neuropathic pain. Look up CRPS Type 1, it robs me of sleep until day 3-4 then I collapse. The next morning, I arise exhausted and the cycle starts all over again. I have paraplegia as well from a spinal cord tumor. I tried local stuff without success. Once, I got Florida meds that allowed me to dream in color, first time 12 years. I didn't resume aching until I was awake several hours, so I know it will work very well if it's strong medication.

I'm absolutely at the End. I was refused an anti-depressant I've used for ten years. I'm taking big time pain meds, they really don't help me very much either! Does this make any sense? I've been ripped off, sold junk magic canadian oil etc, I'm desperate, I'm loosing my mind. I'm willing to move anytime.

Sure, it's going to be difficult But, everything is difficult for me. I'm not trying to screw anybody.

I am sorry you are dealing with insomnia. Not sleeping can definatly takes its toll on ones body and mind.

This is not really an appropriate request for this forum.  This is a request for someone to break the law. 

Where have you obtained marijuana previous to now?  

Establish a residence and get legal, if that is your desire.   There are many of us willing to help educate you on going about it the "legal way".  

If it was merely insomnia YAWN. I have CRPS Type 1. I wanna die, my faith in God doesn't permit an easy way out.

CRPS   cannabis oil works great for this,, Move to Michigan or another state that can help you.. sooner the better ..  this hits home ,,this person needs all the help we can provide,, legally 

I'm taking big time pain meds, they really don't help me very much either! Does this make any sense?  YES    their is no pilll on earth that will take the pain of CPRS  Nurotin will help  Ketamine  infusions  will help... 

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/en/Ketamine_J_Pain_Medicine.html

Edited by cristinew