On Ssdi- Have Card, Can't Grow, Have Questions...

i'd suggest finding another patient to become your caregiver.

you retain the plants in your home, and he/she comes over to maintain the plants.

since you would be paying for the electricity, the cost of the medicine would come down.

or, if you had seperate locked rooms or fence/cages , your cg could grow his too and split the electrical cost.

then your cg would maintain your plants for cheap.

well this is just an idea, not legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Bob- Thank you, I kind of assumed those were my only options, but not too easy for me to make it to a "local" compassion club. I think the closest one is held in Ann Arbor, maybe once a month? (and I have two younger children on my own)

King- I have google searched and I usually know what the issue is, it's usually mealy bugs. I have tried so many different kinds and strengths of homemade, natural bug repellants, but I always end up killing my plants. I don't have much room at all, so it is usually the whole "batch" by the time either I or the mealy bugs get to them. SO much wasted time, energy and money.

T-pain- Thank you for your advice, though I don't think anyone is in my area. I think I might just have to find and go through a reliable cg, just don't know how I am going to afford that yet. I will figure it out I am sure.

Keep the suggestions coming or feel free to send me a direct message. I am willing to try almost anything, just NEED to get this straightened out ASAP. Take care everyone. Love and light as always.

Is anyone else having as hard a time as myself finding a CG in their area? I am in the Plymouth area, between A2 and Detroit and have been told that my best bet to find a CG might be a CC, yet can't find any of those either? If you have any ideas, please feel free to contact me. Thank you in advance for your time.

don't think in my 27 years of growing in multiple locations and states and a few countries that i have ever seen a 'mealy bug,' and difinitely not a mal-causing mealy bug.

this is a strange problem indeed, incomphrehensible.

how about buy some clones for a premium price and have that clone-selller/grower shepherd you along?  But whether that is ok depends upon the jurisdiction where you live.  (Do not try this in Oakland County).

mealy bugs? aka pill bugs? they roll up into little balls when you put them in your hand?

my compost is overrun with the little buggers.

i'm guessing tanglefoot on the stems would work. or get a bunch of spiders to eat the bugs.

stick traps and diatomacceous earth also works.

diatomacceous earth wont harm any plant. its just silica/dust.

otherwise the pill bugs just eat a few leaves , and even munch a few lower buds, and poo on everything.

the little gentlemen do eat seedlings tho. my poor garden.

were you growing indoors or outdoors? if indoor, to avoid this , grow in a non-dirt medium like coco coir.

no dirt = no bugs.

Edited by t-pain

What do you mean by "decent" caregiver?  

They do not fit your needs?  Is it the meds they grow?  The reimbursement costs for their services? 

What has been the problem with the ones you have spoke to thus far?

You have been a member here since 2009, have you connected with any people or clubs in that time?

How have you acquired your meds up to this point? 

Plymouth is in Wayne County, isn't it?

Edited by northerngal

also, there is a thread on here, K.I.S.S., i think by cilliac, one of the moderators of this site.  i highly recomment it

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/42441-kiss-soil/

malamute posted this on MCP

KISS is the way to go in my opinion :)

I switched back in maybe October.. and i am beyond happy with the results and the quality of the plants.

What do you mean by "decent" caregiver?  

They do not fit your needs?  Is it the meds they grow?  The reimbursement costs for their services? 

What has been the problem with the ones you have spoke to thus far?

You have been a member here since 2009, have you connected with any people or clubs in that time?

How have you acquired your meds up to this point? 

Plymouth is in Wayne County, isn't it?

yes plymouth is in wayne county, and host to a few prisons near 5 mile and beck road! I know I was in the laborers union yrs ago and got paid to sweep floors 12 hrs a day @ 16,00 bucks an hr back in the early 80's!

But I did like the comment on pontiac and oakland county, move to michigan bawahahaha!  aint that the truth!

Now not to be a male shovenice pig, but if that is your pic, or a pic of you, I dont see how your not getting any good c.g offers lol!  Im totaly in love with my woman but would help you find mm, oh boy!

dont use craigs list to find a c.g, you are better off at c.c's or on here or something similair but not craigs list, and by all means make sure you follow the law, you never know what or when leo may hit!

Best of Luck!

Peace

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hello group, I am a MMMP and started my own  indoor grow for my very first time back in Dec 2012 when I recieved my card. I have been mainly cloning to continue my few strains that I have.  I know that you need the right equipment to grow like a pro! It's really worth it! I am located in the Saginaw Bay area.