Is My Dr Recommendation From Last Year Still Valid?

I'm wondering because it would save me a lot of money I can't really afford. My recommendation was given to me last year in august, and since the new law went into effect shouldn't my rec from last year be valid for this year as well?  I know 2 other patients who are in the same exact situation I am.  Any input would be helpful.

No they aren't as they are expired.  Your new ones will be for 2 years.  That is the short answer.

The longer answer is that you must have a doctor evaluate your CURRENT condition.  At the time you got the cards that evaluation had to occur annually.  You will not have section 4 protection from arrest with an expired card.

BUT you could make a case that now that 2 year cards are the norm, you should have some section 8 arguments.  See previous discussions on section 8 and decide if paying an attorney a retainer and ending up in jail/court is worth more or less than simply getting a fresh cert and coming at it cleanly.

Dr. Bob

I myself distinctly remember reading that in the original act it stated a DocRec was good for three years. Things have changed, it's  probably not recomended. Either find it in the Law and please post it back, here please or wait for someone with more insight.  The card itself is good for two tears now, so that's some consolation, ehh

ps. no offense intended, but the Doc there has a vested interest in that opinion. Caveat Emptor, ehh,  

Edited by solabeirtan

I'm wondering because it would save me a lot of money I can't really afford. My recomandation was given to me last year in august, and since the new law went into effect shouldn't my rec from last year be valid for this year as well?  I know 2 other patients who are in the same exact situation I am.  Any input would be helpful.

I am guessing it all depends on your intentions. If your intention is to register/renew a card your certification needs to be within 3 months, I believe.

If your intentions are to just be an unregistered patient then I dont think anyone really knows, at this time, what is acceptable and what is not. I would say in that case it is best to air on the side of caution and consider it a small price to pay to get that certification and keep it updated in a safe time frame. My guess would be once a year or maybe even 2 years but that comes down to the risk level you are willing to take. Good luck and good health my friend.

I called LARA/ MMMP and spoke with a very nice young lady.

If your Doctor Certification was signed prior to April 1, 2013 then it is good for 1 year past the date signed.  You must have your application RECEIVED by

LARA by the 1 year after the date the Doc. signed it.

If your Cert was signed after April 1 2013, it is valid for 2 years of the date signed.

The person I talked with said this is a FAQ and will speak with her superior about adding this question to the sites FAQ.

Hope this helps

Edited by imiubu

Ditto Doc, you did notice the pre-qualifier on my statement? Little touchy, these days. Understandable. Everythings gonna be allright [?] Easy now, relax .... take a few breaths. We're not all out to get you.  Now go out there and heaL SOMEONE !    

Yes I saw it but we are fine.

Muchas gracias, Imiubu ! Your an angel ! :blow-a-heart:   

...OPs can thank, her too, as your good to go and she just saved you $$$. Though you better be quick Aug 2012 it expires in a week Aug 2013  

Perhaps you might reread the response she gave before you talk about saving them money.  She said if before 4-1-13 it was ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE SIGNED (Kinda Like I said), and if after 4-1-13 it is TWO YEARS FROM DATE SIGNED> Perhaps the best and correct answer is the one I gave after all.  Does that count as healing?  Might have done a little preventative medicine for those patients with the question.

Dr. Bob

I'm wondering because it would save me a lot of money I can't really afford. My recomandation was given to me last year in august, and since the new law went into effect shouldn't my rec from last year be valid for this year as well?  I know 2 other patients who are in the same exact situation I am.  Any input would be helpful.

I thought I would re-post my response in quote to alert you to the answer :)

I called LARA/ MMMP and spoke with a very nice young lady.

If your Doctor Certification was signed prior to April 1, 2013 then it is good for 1 year past the date signed.  You must have your application RECEIVED by

LARA by the 1 year after the date the Doc. signed it.

If your Cert was signed after April 1 2013, it is valid for 2 years of the date signed.

The person I talked with said this is a FAQ and will speak with her superior about adding this question to the sites FAQ.

Hope this helps

Edit to make BOLD the fact it is one year to the DATE the doctors signature. And that LARA must have RECEIVED your registry application by that DATE.  :)

Need to get a Confirmed Delivery Stamp at the PO, when you mail it in.  If the return reciept has the correct dates Imi specified, your gtg!

...   :blow-a-heart:  :blow-a-heart:  :blow-a-heart: One for you too, Bob, feeling better are we...

Yes, just resolved a thorn in my side on this board.  Wasn't being snippy with you, but the go heal someone and touchy comments were uncalled for.  

Bottom line, patient got what they needed and all is well.  Looking forward to the game and I'll bring the board.

Bob

Yes, just resolved a thorn in my side on this board.  Wasn't being snippy with you, but the go heal someone and touchy comments were uncalled for.  

Bottom line, patient got what they needed [*] and all is well .  Looking forward to the game and I'll bring the board.

Bob

Ok agreed my bedside manners need work, I will reaccess. The patient lived, remember. [*] Cheer up. We're only humans, and 'Made', in America, at that.  Whaddaya expect. Hope your luck is better on the Bg Board!   peace

Muchas gracias, Imiubu ! Your an angel ! :blow-a-heart:   

...OPs can thank, her too, as your good to go and she just saved you $$$. Though you better be quick Aug 2012 it expires in a week Aug 2013  

Awe, thanks sola :bighug: (sorry, didn't see this earlier!)

Not so sure about the 'angel' part but do appreciate the sentiment.

Just doing my lil part to help where I'm able :)

Awe, thanks sola :bighug: (sorry, didn't see this earlier!)

Not so sure about the 'angel' part but do appreciate the sentiment.

Just doing my lil part to help where I'm able :)

Your too good, Imi, with your little parts, an all.

The Angel part I'm sure of though: 

The earliest form of the word is the Mycenaean a-ke-ro attested in Linear B syllabic script

The word angel in English is a fusion of the Old English/Germanic word engel (with a hard g) and the Old French angele.

Both derive from the Latin angelus which in turn is the romanization of the ancient Greek ἄγγελος (ángelos[5]),

"messenger", "envoy",

[6] which is related to the Greek verb ἀγγέλλω (angéllō), meaning

"bear a message, announce, bring news of" etc.[7]

Edited by solabeirtan