Is My Dr Recommendation From Last Year Still Valid?

Your too good, Imi, with your little parts, an all.

The Angel part I'm sure of though: 

The earliest form of the word is the Mycenaean a-ke-ro attested in Linear B syllabic script.[8][9]

The word angel in English is a fusion of the Old English/Germanic word engel (with a hard g) and the Old French angele.

Both derive from the Latin angelus which in turn is the romanization of the ancient Greek ἄγγελος (ángelos[5]),

"messenger", "envoy",

[6] which is related to the Greek verb ἀγγέλλω (angéllō), meaning

"bear a message, announce, bring news of" etc.[7]

Whatever you say Argyle.

My interest is to make sure people get correct information.  I have enough patients thank you.  My insight has a pretty good track record in cases.

Dr. Bob

I thought I read at one time that the dr. rec expires after 6 months if not used to get registered from the state!

Peace

Jim

edit= and thats what I get for trying to go on my memory lol, my bad, did it used to be 6 months? oh well call lara not jim, im not the authority on that one! lol

Edited by phaquetoo

• 6 months later...

lara wont take a dr rec if it is over 1 year old. so you have to get a new rec every 2 years at least (with the 2 year cards anyways).

most good docs are doing free 6month followups, but making patients come in every year for checkups.

so sure, you could find a doc that doesnt require that, but maybe it wouldnt stand up in court either?

but i dont think i'd continue any relationship with a doctor who would say something like that. i mean a doctor refusing to re-cert without a 1yr appointment is one thing, but a doctor who would write in to lara to cancel your card is nuts.

Edited by t-pain

• 2 months later...

I am having over a year of trouble getting renewed, Alzheimer patient. Lady very nice at LARA and sends me new forms to fill out every 6 months, each one rejected even though I have help filling them out. She said staff was cut. I think they changed the renewal from 1 year to 2, so forms changed, we were not notified, had to resubmit over and over, doctor renewed my approval, said his office found many people were thwarted. so make dispensaries shut down, prevent dispensaries from opening, deny card renewal, impossible to grow my own, and you have "legal cannabis medicine" but no way to get the card or medicine. Well done Michigan. I cry every day, my local co-op closed and I am left with regular medical "help" which gives pills that make me worse. I am wrong about so much stuff, my judgment might not be as keen as in past, but I am dying here without proper meds that work and we are being denied denied denied.

The date thing is beyond my comprehension. I have little sense of numbers and dates. Have my original card but it does me no good, and they cashed my check and then sent denial, request new form stuff. Maybe just venting out of desperation that in a state with lack of employment we are not really sincere about developing the business of cannabis based medicine and gung ho on hemp production. Colorado seems to doing fine. Why should we be the last and least in taking care of patients? Going to sit with my dog and cry some more.

I am having over a year of trouble getting renewed, Alzheimer patient. Lady very nice at LARA and sends me new forms to fill out every 6 months, each one rejected even though I have help filling them out. She said staff was cut. I think they changed the renewal from 1 year to 2, so forms changed, we were not notified, had to resubmit over and over, doctor renewed my approval, said his office found many people were thwarted. so make dispensaries shut down, prevent dispensaries from opening, deny card renewal, impossible to grow my own, and you have "legal cannabis medicine" but no way to get the card or medicine. Well done Michigan. I cry every day, my local co-op closed and I am left with regular medical "help" which gives pills that make me worse. I am wrong about so much stuff, my judgment might not be as keen as in past, but I am dying here without proper meds that work and we are being denied denied denied.

The date thing is beyond my comprehension. I have little sense of numbers and dates. Have my original card but it does me no good, and they cashed my check and then sent denial, request new form stuff. Maybe just venting out of desperation that in a state with lack of employment we are not really sincere about developing the business of cannabis based medicine and gung ho on hemp production. Colorado seems to doing fine. Why should we be the last and least in taking care of patients? Going to sit with my dog and cry some more.

What town do you live in?

• 3 months later...

have you been helped ?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just emailed LARA this is their response:

How long is a doctor’s recommendation for a medical marijuana patient good for from the date they sign it?

• The administrative rules require that a Physician Certification form be signed and dated within one-year of the date the MMMP receives the Application and Physician Certification.

How soon can I apply for a renewal before my card expires?

• We can accept a renewal application up to 60 days before the card is due to expire.