Funding The Carruthers Appeal

I love it!

Why the hell were u driving w/o a dl?  

It was news to me that my DL was suspended. It was suspended because apparently the city that gave me a ticket for tinted windows received the payment on day 16 vs Day 15 and a late fee was assessed that was never paid since I assumed it was taken care of. 

I did get pulled over for no head lights. Coming from dinner the valet turned my automatic lights off manually and when I got in the car it was not habit to turn on my lights since there were automatic. I drove on 75 to 696 to Southfield Rd with no indication that my lights were off. The roads were well lit and no one flashed me until I was flicked by Beverly hills public safety. 

I am black and I do not use my ethnicity as a crutch or excuse for anything. I believe if you put me in any circumstance I will compete and perform at a high level regardless of who or what the circumstances are, however, I was not treated right from the jump.

There was NO reason to search my car for probable cause since there was no "smell of marijuana" but they did it anyway. There was no reason to impound my car for a inventory search but they did it anyway. There was NO reason to arrest my passenger (girlfriend) who was sober and with a valid DL but they did it anyway. There was NO reason for them to make my girlfriend step out the car and into back of a cop car while being told to leave her purse in the car then fraudulently place crumbled marijuana in my girlfriends purse and accuse here possession but they did it anyway.

It is hard to beat a case constitutionally when cops take the stand and clearly lie and say their written police statements where in error and the Judge takes the cops stuttering, nervous, moo poo testimony as fact. 

I was never arrested or had any priors prior to this incident to a criminal defense was new to me. I did pay $$$ for 2 different attorneys which in hindsight if I knew what I know now I would have fought my own darn case. 

Is he the poster child? 

I am American! I do not need be a frail little old lady with a traumatic symptom and perfect story to be treated as one!

My constitutional and state rights should not be subject to what side 8 mile I am on or an political parties personal agenda against the majority of the citizens of Michigan vote. 

The mmj that was in my possession at the time was safer in the back of my car than at other locations at the time. Without getting into specifics because this case it still active...my "connected" patients at the time consisted of a 20 year recovering alcoholic rebounding from quadruple bypass surgery, an sever schizophrenic and bipolar with server nausea and anxiety from the above dangerous combination dosages of Haloperidol, Clozapine, Geodon, Seroquel, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Abilify and more. As patients transitioned into the use medical marijuana the edibles was the preferred and most effective method of ingestion. 

Since then these patients have backtracked to alcohol and pills that are destroying their mind, body and soul. 

What we need is a some people with some darn balls to stand up against these donkey holes who think they can just bully and ignore our voices to align there pockets and own agendas. We need to send a message to these incompetent and greedy politicians that they work for us! So here I am.

Why do you not post more?

I will post more. I do work 12-14 hours a day juggling a few different responsibilities so it is hard to get online but I will make it a priority.

Are we quitting?   

Hell naw! I since last post I did personal raise $2,015 which will give Stuart a total of $1,755 + $2,015 = $3,770. This leaves $3,730 to get the initial 7,500 fee out the way. 

I received the I AM bands asking for suggested donation of $10 for each one. Any suggestions on shipping and tracking who donates for I AM bands via paypal and ship?

I Am Carruthers

p.s so are you if You Are American darn it!

There was NO reason for them to make my girlfriend step out the car and into back of a cop car while being told to leave her purse in the car then fraudulently place crumbled marijuana in my girlfriends purse and accuse here possession

Thanks for posting

Are you saying they (Leo) planted Cannabis in her purse ? 

I love it!

Why the hell were u driving w/o a dl?  

It was news to me that my DL was suspended. It was suspended because apparently the city that gave me a ticket for tinted windows received the payment on day 16 vs Day 15 and a late fee was assessed that was never paid since I assumed it was taken care of. 

I did get pulled over for no head lights. Coming from dinner the valet turned my automatic lights off manually and when I got in the car it was not habit to turn on my lights since there were automatic. I drove on 75 to 696 to Southfield Rd with no indication that my lights were off. The roads were well lit and no one flashed me until I was flicked by Beverly hills public safety. 

I am black and I do not use my ethnicity as a crutch or excuse for anything. I believe if you put me in any circumstance I will compete and perform at a high level regardless of who or what the circumstances are, however, I was not treated right from the jump.

There was NO reason to search my car for probable cause since there was no "smell of marijuana" but they did it anyway. There was no reason to impound my car for a inventory search but they did it anyway. There was NO reason to arrest my passenger (girlfriend) who was sober and with a valid DL but they did it anyway. There was NO reason for them to make my girlfriend step out the car and into back of a cop car while being told to leave her purse in the car then fraudulently place crumbled marijuana in my girlfriends purse and accuse here possession but they did it anyway.

It is hard to beat a case constitutionally when cops take the stand and clearly lie and say their written police statements where in error and the Judge takes the cops stuttering, nervous, moo poo testimony as fact. 

I was never arrested or had any priors prior to this incident to a criminal defense was new to me. I did pay $$$ for 2 different attorneys which in hindsight if I knew what I know now I would have fought my own darn case. 

Is he the poster child? 

I am American! I do not need be a frail little old lady with a traumatic symptom and perfect story to be treated as one!

My constitutional and state rights should not be subject to what side 8 mile I am on or an political parties personal agenda against the majority of the citizens of Michigan vote. 

The mmj that was in my possession at the time was safer in the back of my car than at other locations at the time. Without getting into specifics because this case it still active...my "connected" patients at the time consisted of a 20 year recovering alcoholic rebounding from quadruple bypass surgery, an sever schizophrenic and bipolar with server nausea and anxiety from the above dangerous combination dosages of Haloperidol, Clozapine, Geodon, Seroquel, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Abilify and more. As patients transitioned into the use medical marijuana the edibles was the preferred and most effective method of ingestion. 

Since then these patients have backtracked to alcohol and pills that are destroying their mind, body and soul. 

What we need is a some people with some darn balls to stand up against these donkey holes who think they can just bully and ignore our voices to align there pockets and own agendas. We need to send a message to these incompetent and greedy politicians that they work for us! So here I am.

Why do you not post more?

I will post more. I do work 12-14 hours a day juggling a few different responsibilities so it is hard to get online but I will make it a priority.

Are we quitting?   

Hell naw! I since last post I did personal raise $2,015 which will give Stuart a total of $1,755 + $2,015 = $3,770. This leaves $3,730 to get the initial 7,500 fee out the way. 

I received the I AM bands asking for suggested donation of $10 for each one. Any suggestions on shipping and tracking who donates for I AM bands via paypal and ship?

I Am Carruthers

p.s so are you if You Are American darn it!

Thank you Earl.

If ever some may think this is not important or that others are not watching... there are almost 6,500 views of this thread alone in less than 2 months.

People are indeed interested.

We copied off one each of ng's fliers then wrote the donation email addy vertically across the bottom, then copied those. Clipped each

to make 'tear off tabs'. Those are being hung anywhere we can hang them. 

Fliers w/ out the 'tabs' across the bottom are being distributed where ever we are allowed to do so.

I am Carruthers :)

Not done yet!

Excuse any typos as if I had too many brownies just typin in a rush...know how u feel norherngal....do not mean to seem rude

bobandtorery:

Yes throughout cops video & audio type she claimed her innocents but it did not matter in OCC. Yes in a perfect world this case would not have made it to C.O.A yet other individuals would have been arrested for same bull s&*t and without resources to properly defend themselves and more felons would have been created out of thin air as if there is a shortage of incarcerated people. 

Let's keep this blog as relevant and positive as we can fam.

Thankful it was me:

I used to be the person like the so many 1000's of viewers who decided to spectate instead of joining the fight to keep extracts & edibles medicinally usable.

To not let the crooked politicians manipulate our voters intent.

To not bow down to judges and prosecutors who cowardly follow protocols to satisfy their donors.

-----------------------------------------------

In "light" of pastor Martin-Niemöller poem.

First they came for the dispensaries,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that dispensary owner.

Then they came for the caregivers,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that caregiver.

Then they came for the patients,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that patient.

Then they came for me,

and there was no one left to speak for me.

My hope is that I spoke up before there was no one left to speak up with me.

Thank you to Ozzrock(must say the 1 person who showed from bake sale was referred by u!), CaveatLector,  northerngal, Hayduke,imiubu, Wild Bill, phaquetoo, bobandtorey, Herb Cannabis, Highlander, zapatosunidos, Dr. Bob, Pain, cristinew, Hydro Jack, motorcitymeds, Chauncy Gardner, BirdHunter, GregS, jaman, in vivo, solabeirtan, mibrains, Malamute, motorcitymeds, LongHairBri, Darren84 & any miscellaneous  who have donated to speak up with me.

You are a group of 27+ that I will go in front of the line and fight for any day! (If only we could get these political issues solved with a cage fight...I got u!)

I would not wish this circumstance on any other individual.

I was following the rules as I could plainly understand them. I had less than 8oz of raw flower and less than a dozen brownies that if counted the actual cannabis within each edible would be clearly less than 8.5 oz's of the 15oz limit. Which would make me immune from arrest, forfeiture, and prosecution. 

How are edibles or concentrates not a preparation or mixture of marijuana leaves and flowers? How else do you get the darn cannabinoids in the edible or concentrate?

If I knew it was illegal to possess certain edibles or the entire wait of an edible would count against your Michigan 15 oz limit then I would not have possessed any edibles...OR might have had Arizona ice tea, few infused skittles, and a hoodie to put me in a similar predicament….

I Am Carruthers and So are You! So grab your balls(ovaries) and donate for the cause!

Just remember, everyone wants you to win... :-)

As far as the poem goes,...

With marijuana it is kinda the opposite in aspect...

" First we will protect the sick,

then we will protect those that care for sick,

then we will protect the 'dispensaries'

... and then we will protect everyone."

:-)

They already came for all of us....

We stand with you Earl.............. There will be more from the paypal account coming. It may not be a ton yet but I know for a fact there is more already there and more to come.

The man that came to the bake sale is a great guy. He told me he would do something and he did it. He is one of my native american brothers and I say that with the greatest pride.

Edited by ozzrokk

For what it is worth. Betty White said:

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”

Right On .....although growing a vagina would be the last thing on my mind if i was  facing jail time.,

To each his own, it may prove a profitable asset.in the can. 

nobody wants anyone to go to jail ..

Edited by beourbud

Hey have not posted in a few...someone stole my 1yr American Bulldog from his backyard on Oct 7th and been on a relentless hunt for baby Snoop...after posting flyers & many people on social media getting the word on a tip he was see in Dearborn was followed and someone dropped Snoop off at the shelter and ran. After 10 days Snoop is home we are very thankful!

As successful the hunt to reunite with my best friend I hope this cause will be also.

After reading my post hope no one takes my humor as taking this subject lightly as I do understand how critical this case is for many patients. Let's keep pressing forward.

I Am Carruthers

Not done yet!

Excuse any typos as if I had too many brownies just typin in a rush...know how u feel norherngal....do not mean to seem rude

bobandtorery:

Yes throughout cops video & audio type she claimed her innocents but it did not matter in OCC. Yes in a perfect world this case would not have made it to C.O.A yet other individuals would have been arrested for same bull s&*t and without resources to properly defend themselves and more felons would have been created out of thin air as if there is a shortage of incarcerated people. 

Let's keep this blog as relevant and positive as we can fam.

Thankful it was me:

I used to be the person like the so many 1000's of viewers who decided to spectate instead of joining the fight to keep extracts & edibles medicinally usable.

To not let the crooked politicians manipulate our voters intent.

To not bow down to judges and prosecutors who cowardly follow protocols to satisfy their donors.

In "light" of pastor Martin-Niemöller poem.

First they came for the dispensaries,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that dispensary owner.

Then they came for the caregivers,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that caregiver.

Then they came for the patients,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that patient.

Then they came for me,

and there was no one left to speak for me.

My hope is that I spoke up before there was no one left to speak up with me.

Thank you to Ozzrock(must say the 1 person who showed from bake sale was referred by u!), CaveatLector,  northerngal, Hayduke,imiubu, Wild Bill, phaquetoo, bobandtorey, Herb Cannabis, Highlander, zapatosunidos, Dr. Bob, Pain, cristinew, Hydro Jack, motorcitymeds, Chauncy Gardner, BirdHunter, GregS, jaman, in vivo, solabeirtan, mibrains, Malamute, motorcitymeds, LongHairBri, Darren84 & any miscellaneous  who have donated to speak up with me.

You are a group of 27+ that I will go in front of the line and fight for any day! (If only we could get these political issues solved with a cage fight...I got u!)

I would not wish this circumstance on any other individual.

I was following the rules as I could plainly understand them. I had less than 8oz of raw flower and less than a dozen brownies that if counted the actual cannabis within each edible would be clearly less than 8.5 oz's of the 15oz limit. Which would make me immune from arrest, forfeiture, and prosecution. 

How are edibles or concentrates not a preparation or mixture of marijuana leaves and flowers? How else do you get the darn cannabinoids in the edible or concentrate?

If I knew it was illegal to possess certain edibles or the entire wait of an edible would count against your Michigan 15 oz limit then I would not have possessed any edibles...OR might have had Arizona ice tea, few infused skittles, and a hoodie to put me in a similar predicament….

I Am Carruthers and So are You! So grab your balls(ovaries) and donate for the cause!

Thanks for all the kind words 

Have you heard anything about your case ? has this case been accepted by the High Court ?

* I did not accept any plea deals and went to trial at circuit level and lost. I was sentenced to 33 days in Jail with 3 years probation. I was not allowed to use medical marijuana as my defense at trial since at the time if u did not qualify for sec 4 then u could not use sec 8 at OCC which made me look like the cartel of brownies...since People vs King that crap does not fly anymore.

I followed your case live, made me sick to my stomach, and started to convince me that our state may have just assisted the feds in setting up a net to identify most who are stupid enough to register(joke) or anyone who has the wherewithal to grow and and the desire to use cannabis, for a mass id program, and maybe a statewide bust. Kind of like they did to the dispensaries. The only ones who won on that one was the lawyers, who helped many caregivers set up shop in the first place, then consequently defending them with second mortgages when they were busted. The police inspect, and approve, then they come with more authorities to bust....hmmm

like a sci fi book

I followed your case live, made me sick to my stomach, and started to convince me that our state may have just assisted the feds in setting up a net to identify most who are stupid enough to register(joke) or anyone who has the wherewithal to grow and and the desire to use cannabis, for a mass id program, and maybe a statewide bust. Kind of like they did to the dispensaries. The only ones who won on that one was the lawyers, who helped many caregivers set up shop in the first place, then consequently defending them with second mortgages when they were busted. The police inspect, and approve, then they come with more authorities to bust....hmmm

like a sci fi book

You followed our case live ? i never saw you in our court room but thanks for your support

Of course IMHO the Lawyers all in up winning but i still believe you are better off with a card or a Recommendation but i do think that the number of card holders in this State will continue to  drop off 

as more people find out you still can't use your card in a court room nor can you have a jury here you have one i tell the people i meet when they ask get your Rec. at least and your best defense is don't get caught growing Cannabis 

And if you live with a card holder and grow and they also  grow only do 6 plants and they can grow 6 so when and if you do get raided they will add all the plants together and you will be within your plant count IMHO

• 3 weeks later...