Funding The Carruthers Appeal

I don't understand your question.  However, the court ruled that extracts are not protected by section 4.  That is the big problem here. 

If you are implying that edibles are, or should be, in some strange untouchable area of the law then I don't think people agree.  I think some people agree that you should be able to have 2.5 ozs of oil OR bud, or some combination thereof.  Others probably believe that you should only have as much oil as 2.5ozs of bud can yield.  However, neither position matters at this point as you have no immunity for possession of ANY oil right now.

I repeat, you have NO immunity through section 4 for possession of any extract that is segregated from the bud or leaf.  This appeal is all about trying to reverse the COA on this issue.

So give freely and often.  And tell your friends to give as well. 

I understand your Answer as we have no immunity  through Sec 4 

But if he had been able to have a jury and use his card none of this would have happen IMHO so to me thats is where we should be fighting for everyone needs to have a jury trial and thats is how we win Let the People make that choice as it has been for 200 years

After almost 5 years and that has not happen as of yet can we see WHY?

I understand your Answer as we have no immunity  through Sec 4 

But if he had been able to have a jury and use his card none of this would have happen IMHO so to me thats is where we should be fighting for everyone needs to have a jury trial and thats is how we win Let the People make that choice as it has been for 200 years

After almost 5 years and that has not happen as of yet can we see WHY?

Who sad he cannot have a jury?  Can we maybe keep this thread pure please?  Post as a cheerleader for the cause or feel free to discuss the issue in the Carruthers case but let's not muddle it with extraneous stuff.  I would like people to be able to come here and understand the issue in this case and why they should feel compelled to donate.

To "First To Be Raided" 

* I did not accept any plea deals and went to trial at circuit level and lost. I was sentenced to 33 days in Jail with 3 years probation. I was not allowed to use medical marijuana as my defense at trial since at the time if u did not qualify for sec 4 then u could not use sec 8 at OCC which made me look like the cartel of brownies...since People vs King that crap does not fly anymore.

i was only saying he could not use MMJ in front of a jury

and IMHO is why i think it should be addressed 

If you use extracts (cannabis oil, BHO, hash, etc.) then donating here is like an insurance policy.  Coughing up $100 (or whatever you can swing, even $5) could darn well save you thousands in the future if you are charged with possession of extracts.  So please consider giving here.  Some donations are coming in but we NEED MORE!

Yes people who eat a cookie are no longer protected people that cant smoke are no longer protected, This cuts out the very ill from the medicine,  We are collecting funds to ad.  If you broke and cannot donate take time and do this,, As we can see MPP intent was for us to have cookies  

http://www.mpp.org/states/michigan/alerts/mich-help-protect-patients.html

Thank you all for donating.  Please encourage others to do so as well.  Please be advised that your info will remain confidential. 

Please also note that some donations have not yet been, "accepted" by paypal.  It may take another 2 days for them to be accepted.  The issue is paypal verifying account info.  Please be patient.

Just donated.  I have donated to a few other case funds like Jamie up in Lapeer.  But from what I have seen not much money has been gathered.  It is very frustrating knowing how much money CG's and retail spots are making yet they cannot donate 5-25 bucks a monthy.

If these fuxs would stop being so greedy and just send in such nominal amounts this war would have been over years ago and none of us would even have to deal with this shiet.

it really gets me going that people cannot find it in their hearts to send in such small amounts of money to fight against all the injustice that has been going on for ohhh./.that past 80 yrs.!!  GRRRR

anyways..Good Luck.  I hope more people find it in their hearts to send in money.!!

Edited by motorcitymeds

Hello Everyone,

Thank you again for all the support with your time or finances as they are both very much appreciated. 

Here are a few updates. 

Transcripts : 

I was able to obtain my 46th district transcripts yesterday at the cost of $240(nothing is free with the court :)). They did not have a digital copy so will have to take some time to scan this yellow book of transcripts so any  attorneys who wants to review may do so. I should have that done by Saturday. 

Attorneys: 

I was able to get a ballpark of what it was take get the process started of 15,000 however the total cost may rise up to 20,000 depending on the amount of research and documentation required. 

The pending attorney team is Appellate Attorney Mary Chartier from the Alane & Chartier PLC firm along with Neil Rockind and Michael Kormon.  Alane & Chartier helped with the Mcqueen appeal to the SC and has experience with the preparation needed for SC. While Neil Rockind and Michael Kormon will bring there MMJ experience to the table. There are other attorneys in discussion I believe to help but I am yet to know who they are. 

The team is not set in stone I just wanted to let you know who is in the discussion. The really only undetermined factor to finalize the team is how much we can raise financially. Last I heard as of 8/14/13 we raised almost $300 which means we have a lot of work still do and I believe it still can be done. 

I read comments on pro bono work and from my understanding the Alane & Chartier PLC firm  who is a key player in the appeal has already maxed out there pro bono hours for the year and its only August. 

Bottom line is the type of attorneys we retain will be based on the amount of $$ we can raise. I know many feel they should work for free or deep discount and I do believe an experienced attorney team for this cause is necessary and that experience will cost money. 

We have 56 days from July 12th when the COA decision came out which takes us to Friday, September 6. We will need to retain an attorney within the appropriate time frame for them to file the necessary brief which brings us to August 22nd to give them 15 days to prepare which is pushing I believe. If anyone else have a different timeline please you are welcome to correct me. 

I would like to simply push for as many donations over the next 6 days we can raise.  Then approach the attorney team we the majority feel comfortable to fight this fight with how much we have and ask them to bring their A game with it. 

I will go around to local compassion clubs and as many organizations I can over the weekend for this effects these big clubs too. Do not believe there is no need for YOU to do the same or SOMETHING because if u think others will do it for u like many of us had that attitude when it came to voting many of these same judges and prosecutors in to office and look what happen. We as a community have the will and let's get out and do something to find the way to stir up donations today. 

I Am Carruthers

$300 is all that has been raised??? I have been laboring under the misconception that this site is inhabited and visited by many thousands of people. Sometimes I feel shy about posting my marijuana confessions and think that my diatribes are being viewed by the whole world. Not so much maybe.

Anyway, there must be 1000 people who visit this site who care about this issue. If we all give $20 then, BAM, we have the $20000 needed to fight the Idiots of the COA. Surely this is possible, no?

BTW. If 500 of us gave $40 it would do the same thing. Don't hold back. Your future depends on it.

$300 is all that has been raised??? I have been laboring under the misconception that this site is inhabited and visited by many thousands of people. Sometimes I feel shy about posting my marijuana confessions and think that my diatribes are being viewed by the whole world. Not so much maybe.

Anyway, there must be 1000 people who visit this site who care about this issue. If we all give $20 then, BAM, we have the $20000 needed to fight the Idiots of the COA. Surely this is possible, no?

BTW. If 500 of us gave $40 it would do the same thing. Don't hold back. Your future depends on it.

I agree........... And I will be hitting another donation at the begining of the week.