Cannatonic #4 (High Cbd Chemotype)

in vivo

I'm happy to have recently acquired this cut. Unfortunately, I was unable to get any information about its growth characteristics. If any of you would be willing to provide some insight, I would appreciate it.

My most basic questions are:

What type of stretch should I expect?

What is the average flowering period?

I've been told that there's been quite a bit of variation in cannabinoid ratios between growers.

Additional question include:

Have the cannabinoid ratios from this cut been consistent for you?

Have you adjusted temp, used MH lighting, or investigated/identified any other ways in which to adjust the cannabinoid ratios?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

• 2 weeks later...

With regard to cannabinoids, places like MONTANA BIO-TECH and other similar cannabis test facilities are a useful resource with regard to the subject and can even offer specifics for some varieties as well as testing. I have contacted some directly who were more than willing to answer my questions.

• 1 year later...

I'm happy to have recently acquired this cut. Unfortunately, I was unable to get any information about its growth characteristics. If any of you would be willing to provide some insight, I would appreciate it.

My most basic questions are:

What type of stretch should I expect?

What is the average flowering period?

I've been told that there's been quite a bit of variation in cannabinoid ratios between growers.

Additional question include:

Have the cannabinoid ratios from this cut been consistent for you?

Have you adjusted temp, used MH lighting, or investigated/identified any other ways in which to adjust the cannabinoid ratios?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

in vivo, I'm a newby- on my third grow- so don't take this as the gospel. I've grown this twice (grows 1&2) from an original clone and then from a clone I took. Both grows under 1200W of CFLs - 6500 veg/2700 flower. All organic nutes. 18/6 and then 12/12. I let it go nine weeks for 1st grow, 10 weeks for the 2nd (intent was for more CBD) Fair amount of stretch- at least double. Maybe reached three ft. in height .First grow I topped twice. It bushed out nicely. Colas were relatively small (due to being a Newby, lights perhaps?). Plants averaged .75 oz each. Second grow, topped once, was in a scrog (7 plants total in 3'x3' which I think hinder its growth) I ddint think it grew as well, but managed about 1.5 oz/plant. I did have a significant scale infestation and some photoperiod stress (long story) so I'm sure yield was affected.

The cured smell is absolutely heaven! Sweet, minty, floral. Taste vaped is similar. It has a nice "cool" minty flavor that comes through strong. I was told is was "4" but no way to prove it. I got it in GR. It continues to be my go to meds for nighttime use.

There is a quick initial impact - not to strong, then it seems to dissipate. But then, within 20-30 minutes it hits: first, a little rush - like a Sativa. This slowly recedes and then a body stone ensues. I often will vape a load -5 or 6 draws and think to myself: self, this isn't doing much, but shortly after that, pow! I stagger off to bed and enjoy the movies playing in my head.

No idea on the thc:CBD ratio, but it works wonders on my pain and insomnia. My only complaint is its a little "speedy" at times (initial hits) but it doesn't last long.

Edited by medmanmike

in vivo, I'm a newby- on my third grow- so don't take this as the gospel. I've grown this twice (grows 1&2) from an original clone and then from a clone I took. Both grows under 1200W of CFLs - 6500 veg/2700 flower. All organic nutes. 18/6 and then 12/12. I let it go nine weeks for 1st grow, 10 weeks for the 2nd (intent was for more CBD) Fair amount of stretch- at least double. Maybe reached three ft. in height .First grow I topped twice. It bushed out nicely. Colas were relatively small (due to being a Newby, lights perhaps?). Plants averaged .75 oz each. Second grow, topped once, was in a scrog (7 plants total in 3'x3' which I think hinder its growth) I ddint think it grew as well, but managed about 1.5 oz/plant. I did have a significant scale infestation and some photoperiod stress (long story) so I'm sure yield was affected.

The cured smell is absolutely heaven! Sweet, minty, floral. Taste vaped is similar. It has a nice "cool" minty flavor that comes through strong. I was told is was "4" but no way to prove it. I got it in GR. It continues to be my go to meds for nighttime use.

There is a quick initial impact - not to strong, then it seems to dissipate. But then, within 20-30 minutes it hits: first, a little rush - like a Sativa. This slowly recedes and then a body stone ensues. I often will vape a load -5 or 6 draws and think to myself: self, this isn't doing much, but shortly after that, pow! I stagger off to bed and enjoy the movies playing in my head.

No idea on the thc:CBD ratio, but it works wonders on my pain and insomnia. My only complaint is its a little "speedy" at times (initial hits) but it doesn't last long.

That doesn't sound like canna #4. It should have an orangy smell and shouldn't have a hi or rush or knock you down. The stuff I've got from dispensaries that was tested didn't really do anything except relax me.  Definitely never speedy.  The nine to 10 week finish is what I've read.

I'd get it tested.

Edited by Norby

That doesn't sound like canna #4. It should have an orangy smell and shouldn't have a hi or rush or knock you down. The stuff I've got from dispensaries that was tested didn't really do anything except relax me.  Definitely never speedy.  The nine to 10 week finish is what I've read.

I'd get it tested.

Well, like I said, I can only go by what the guy I bought it from said. Here's a pic? What does it look like to you?

Edit.

Cannatonic?

post-35077-0-38564600-1421020665_thumb.jpg

Edited by medmanmike

• 4 weeks later...

Not having access to clones, I am growing Resin Seeds Cannatonic from a feminized seed, 2 weeks into flowering. This is at least the same strain as the #4, isn't it?

Cannatonic is a hybrid cross with an MK Ultra mother and G13 Haze father.  Cannatonic has been known to have a nearly 1:1 ratio of THC & CBD.

It sounds like you have a good chance of getting a high CBD/THC ratio of 1:1.  The #4 has a sky-high 10:1 ratio.  Try to clone yours if you can and get the bud tested.

The Cannatonic #4 I've been growing looks very indica with fat leaves and a bushy growth structure.  Yield is acceptable and taste and smell are fantastic!  As for the effect, I don't even think of it as marijuana since it's so different.  No stone or high at all and doesn't make me sleepy (although I harvest it 60 days - perhaps waiting longer would allow the tiny amount of THC to convert to CBN).  It does have fantastic anti-anxiety and muscle relaxing abilities.  Pain relief is hit or miss; some things it fixes completely (musculo-skeletal pains) others not so much (neuropathy).  Without a question it's the most important addition to my garden in 5 years simply because it's like nothing else.