hi

i am not a mmmp but was trying to find some information befor i go and try to obtain a card

i have had ear problems since i was 6 yrs old.. i am now 28. i have had multiple surgeries through

out my life and have had to deal with the constant throbbing pain in the side of my face from the

ongoing infection that i now have to have another surgery to remove the scar tissue covering my

ear drum from all the surgeries..and the ear aches..the dr. refuses to give me any kind of pain medication

that will work all they give me is ibuprophin wich makes me sick and ultrams wich is i guess a non-narcotic

pain medicine that dont work..told my doc that on occasions i would self medicate with marijuana but i dont

roll it and smoke it i use a vaporizer because the drawing/inhaling from a mj cigarette or a regular cigarette

causes more pain but the use of a vaporizer helps and stops the pain ....and because i self medicate with

medical pot my doc says they cant give me any narcotic pain meds ...and on a short budget i dont want to waste

150.00 to be told my problem doesnt qualify....so my question is....is there a doc or legal rep in here

that could give me some input on if i have a good chance or not...thx in advance

hi

i am not a mmmp but was trying to find some information befor i go and try to obtain a card

i have had ear problems since i was 6 yrs old.. i am now 28. i have had multiple surgeries through

out my life and have had to deal with the constant throbbing pain in the side of my face from the

ongoing infection that i now have to have another surgery to remove the scar tissue covering my

ear drum from all the surgeries..and the ear aches..the dr. refuses to give me any kind of pain medication

that will work all they give me is ibuprophin wich makes me sick and ultrams wich is i guess a non-narcotic

pain medicine that dont work..told my doc that on occasions i would self medicate with marijuana but i dont

roll it and smoke it i use a vaporizer because the drawing/inhaling from a mj cigarette or a regular cigarette

causes more pain but the use of a vaporizer helps and stops the pain ....and because i self medicate with

medical pot my doc says they cant give me any narcotic pain meds ...and on a short budget i dont want to waste

150.00 to be told my problem doesnt qualify....so my question is....is there a doc or legal rep in here

that could give me some input on if i have a good chance or not...thx in advance

I am not a doctor nor a legal representative but I can help answer some of your questions.  If your issue causes severe, chronic pain and you have documentation of such issues, you should qualify.  Any reputable clinic will not charge you if you do not qualify or do not have sufficient records.  I would suggest getting your medical records together and visiting a clinic. 

Good luck!

Edited by northerngal

Answering directly on the thread helps others in the future that may have the same question.  

http://www.drbobmmj.com/what-you-need-for-evaluation.html   - This will explain "Dr. Bob's guidelines" for signing a recommendation.  

Edited by northerngal

• 4 years later...