How Can I Start My Own Marijuana Clinic?

MrHashish

Do you feel like people like that will make the ones that really need it is a black eye for the sick ?

I do think it is a black eye for the med community, and I would feel the same about this place even if recreational was legal.

I like the idea of the speakeasy, but my impression of this one is not good. I wouldn't walk kids or dogs in front of it and I don't much like being stopped at the traffic light near it. This is the type of place where kids would go play "hey mister" for cannabis.

There is another one in town that I don't mind at all. Never any large crowds outside, no smoke pouring out of windows, and no cars stopping off for transfers.

I wonder if marijuana smoking clubs detract from a medical marijuana purpose in the eyes of the opposition?

would be no biggy though in a recreational arena, but MI voted for medical currently.

The comments I have heard from lawmakers reflect their equating cannabis with other medicines.   For example, CVS and Walgreens do not have a social area set aside for socializing while you take your prescription.  The concept of onsite consumption plays into their argument that the "medical" users are really recreational and social users.  

Not supporting their position, just responding to the question of whether or not smoking clubs are a negative in the eyes of the opposition.   

concerning  medical cannabis use  it seems fair to compare to medical prescription use rather than alcohol bars perhaps.  I guess the jig is up now for the recreational users as laws change in states. I'm betting unlike Rx Clubs..... Cannabis clubs will be acceptable soon and flourishing. I think government would much rather admit that cannabis is a viable safe taxable recreational drug rather than a viable safe medical wonder, and save the explanation for the years of civil oppression.

The comments I have heard from lawmakers reflect their equating cannabis with other medicines.   For example, CVS and Walgreens do not have a social area set aside for socializing while you take your prescription.  The concept of onsite consumption plays into their argument that the "medical" users are really recreational and social users.  

Not supporting their position, just responding to the question of whether or not smoking clubs are a negative in the eyes of the opposition.   

Thanks 

i'm not sure if even the word prescription is in the Law we have today but do agree in their eyes any negative is only because they don't know any better 

concerning  medical cannabis use  it seems fair to compare to medical prescription use rather than alcohol bars perhaps.  I guess the jig is up now for the recreational users as laws change in states. I'm betting unlike Rx Clubs..... Cannabis clubs will be acceptable soon and flourishing. I think government would much rather admit that cannabis is a viable safe taxable recreational drug rather than a viable safe medical wonder, and save the explanation for the years of civil oppression.

Wow ! i agree it could give then a way out

I understand their stance on this (as well as I understand anything said by lawmakers) and while I can agree to a small degree...

I feel that socialization is also part of the medicinal aspect.  So many sick, who have little to no social life... People unable to smoke herb

in their homes etc...

Well, I hope you get my drift and I'm not disagreeing either... just commenting :)

edit to add; Boy this thread sure took a turn away from the op.

Edited by imiubu

Thanks for the reply i do get your drift and i agree 

So many sick, who have little to no social life... People unable to smoke herb

in their homes etc... ?

i'm sorry but I do not feel like that  i do not think they are still arresting sick people for smoking herb in their homes  but i do believe they are still arresting caregivers or people that are growing too many plants

How do I go about starting my own marijuana clinic? What certifications does the Doctor have to have? An MD buddy of mine and myself would like to start our own clinic. Any help would be very much appreciated! 

A legitimate physician  (MD or DO), a place of business , advertising.

Good luck

Clinics and hospitals allow patients to congregate to get their medicines. Intravenous antibiotics, chemotherapy, etc.

I have no issues with locations for patients to medicate because when out on the road, where does one find a private place to medicate?  You can take a pill anywhere,... medicating with marijuana, nowhere in public.

do bars allow tobacco vaporizing?

seriously, I don't know.

I don't know either, but my guess is no. I have seen people take a puff on occassion and they always seem to be sneaking said puff.

Don't find myself in bars much so I'm not even sure what I saw was in a bar...

Edited by suneday11

I think it was a big lebowski joke, but I'm also mildly unsure. Peace.

I think so, but some might not get the reference.

Telling someone to shut up even jokingly is soo not cool.

And, there has been a rash of folks calling others out by given name... which imho is just bad form.

I think us old timers here know that Bob is Bob and not Donnie :)