So Ok, Eagle 20 Is The Systemic That Works Against Wpm; What's

Hey Picbook,

It is systemic.so yes.

It remains in the plant for up to 90 days...

Veg only... Not to be used in flowering.

The temps are starting to swing wildly now.

PM will be rearing its ugly head in a few gardens.

Battling PM sucks.

Edited by ilynnboy

Celli, that is just an opinion.  And it does not match what the company that puts it out says in their information data.

In fact, they say 21 days.  I will grant you that doubling that number accounts for indoor plants, but 90 days is really not correct (even if it is a noble goal).  

That being said, it is my opinion it should NEVER be used in flower.  So that gives you a clear 65-100 day window for the plant to purge the chemical.  You can also rinse it off with water (later in flower) to get rid of surface residue.

One thing is for sure, it should never be sprayed on flowers....

Celli, that is just an opinion.  And it does not match what the company that puts it out says in their information data.

In fact, they say 21 days.  I will grant you that doubling that number accounts for indoor plants, but 90 days is really not correct (even if it is a noble goal).  

That being said, it is my opinion it should NEVER be used in flower.  So that gives you a clear 65-100 day window for the plant to purge the chemical.  You can also rinse it off with water (later in flower) to get rid of surface residue.

One thing is for sure, it should never be sprayed on flowers....

I like to be careful.  I have severe health issues and don't like to fool around.  If I keep the sprayed plants in veg for one month, and flower for two months....90 days.

I get it, and 90 days is a conservative formula for trouble avoidance but nevertheless, you can probably safely use it a bit longer into veg.  Avid stays in the plant longer but kills a greater spectrum of mites.

To digress, Eagle 20 is for "turf management". code for golf courses.  It is PETROLEUM BASED, and smells very very strong.  It is not used for mites at all.  Rather, it is a systemic that in early veg will knock out and eliminate Powdery Mildew.  It should never be used in late vegging or ever during flower.  

Use it to save a strain, and keep it as a mother plant.... 

Quite a serious chemical.... but very effective...

Edited by Hayduke

pic ive heard ppl also use forbid for spider mites, but ive never used floromite or forbid.

Keep your veg material 'small' in late summer, No Jungles -

This is the time of year for everyone to have all of your veg in a separate special location, quarantined, and watch it like a hawk. I found one leaf of one plant w only one spider mite three wks ago (must have caught a ride from my yard). Identify ground zero ASAP and separate or toss affected plant. It's funny after after separating it from the group and pinching only that one leaf, not a single mite has hatched on the affected plant (man they love bubblegum). I will now begin steady preventative measures on entire veg, but hopefully -in an ideal world- no harsh chemicals will be employed throughout my entire growing season.

• 8 months later...

anyone used e20 before flower? i sprayed last week of veg, just before my  switch to 12/12. No pm for 60 days. Harvested, smoked, no official tests yet tho. all seems to be well, 30 days seems to be the life of the e20, but not sure. wondering if anyone else has had any experience with using this product. 1ml to a gallon. finally after a good year plus of pm, it's been beaten...

with non chemical viable controls available to avoid all of these garden issues, it amazes me patients continue to opt for the industrial systemics used specifically for ornamental plants and industrial applications. Floramite says to not enter the room for 12 hours after using!  It kills fish, bees, worms, beneficial insects and more.

Non are made with cannabis in mind, and actually prohibit the use on Medical Marijuana. People forget that even after their waiting period of 30-60-90 days IF fruit is able to be treated, it is then thoroughly washed before consumption, unlike cannabis.

Being mostly petroleum products,  think about it all being concentrated in extracts, sometimes slated for very sick patients. There are NO safety rules involved when using a forbidden pesticide/miticides on a medicinal plant, most likely because the practice is in fact not safe at all.

On the other hand, it is much cheaper to spray chemicals than to afford proper controls and garden habits, I agree.

grow safe, be well

with non chemical viable controls available to avoid all of these garden issues, it amazes me patients continue to opt for the industrial systemics used specifically for ornamental plants and industrial applications. Floramite says to not enter the room for 12 hours after using!  It kills fish, bees, worms, beneficial insects and more.

Non are made with cannabis in mind, and actually prohibit the use on Medical Marijuana. People forget that even after their waiting period of 30-60-90 days IF fruit is able to be treated, it is then thoroughly washed before consumption, unlike cannabis.

Being mostly petroleum products,  think about it all being concentrated in extracts, sometimes slated for very sick patients. There are NO safety rules involved when using a forbidden pesticide/miticides on a medicinal plant, most likely because the practice is in fact not safe at all.

On the other hand, it is much cheaper to spray chemicals than to afford proper controls and garden habits, I agree.

grow safe, be well

Best advise

and i agree  grow safe  be well