Pineapple Express

Iv got a few different strains right now one of which is pineapple express. Im 4 weeks in today and on all plants leaves are turning yellow and brown then dying off is that normal this early? Or is it a magnesium deficiency? Now back to the pineapple express, the top leaves are curling up terribly almost to they look like they are Rolling up but are not dead. Could it be im not feeding enough and its sucking them dry? Its only the top smaller leaves around the flower. Any ideas? I tried to do a web search and didn't come up with anything to helpful.

Fox farm soil

General hydroponics floranova with cal mag I use gallons of water from the store because my ph is crazy high from sink

5 gallon pots

Lights about 16 inches from canopy

Room temp 79 with lights on 45 percent humidity

Lights off 71 degrees 45 percent humidity

Hope that helps a little more.

Thanks guys and gals

Get a camera it really helps for us to get a visual :pic:

How much are you watering them always let them get dry check the weight of the pot remember that feeling also how often do you feed bud juice I use it every other watering so it doesn't build up in the plant if I were you id give straight water for a while see if you see any improvement.

whats the ph of your soil?

put your hand above your plants, its not burning your hand?

is the soil dry/moist?

are the leaves canoe / taco'ing or curling / twisting ?

what kind of pots? plastic? smart pots?

how many leaves are turning yellow each day on each plant?

whats your feeding/watering schedule?

Edited by t-pain

whats the ph of your soil?

put your hand above your plants, its not burning your hand?

is the soil dry/moist?

are the leaves canoe / taco'ing or curling / twisting ?

what kind of pots? plastic? smart pots?

how many leaves are turning yellow each day on each plant?

whats your feeding/watering schedule?

Have not checked ph in soil just the water I use. I cant afford a fancy ph meter I got the one you drop a few drops of some liquid into a vile with the water.

As far as yellowing leafs ill probably get like 2 or 3 a day but its the bottom leaves and the ones in the middle. The leaves kind of look like a canoe. I feed once a week with nutes. when I dries out mid week I give them just water.i use 5 gallon plastic buckets.

Get a camera it really helps for us to get a visual :pic:

How much are you watering them always let them get dry check the weight of the pot remember that feeling also how often do you feed bud juice I use it every other watering so it doesn't build up in the plant if I were you id give straight water for a while see if you see any improvement.

I have a few pics I cant figure out how to upload from my phone.

Have not checked ph in soil just the water I use. I cant afford a fancy ph meter I got the one you drop a few drops of some liquid into a vile with the water.

As far as yellowing leafs ill probably get like 2 or 3 a day but its the bottom leaves and the ones in the middle. The leaves kind of look like a canoe. I feed once a week with nutes. when I dries out mid week I give them just water.i use 5 gallon plastic buckets.

Water the plants until there is "runoff". Scoop some of the runoff up with a spoon and then test the pH with the pH tester liquid. If the pots pH is way out of whack, flush the plants with pH7 water/nute solution. As you are flushing, keep checking the runoff water until the pH falls within acceptable levels (5.8 - 7.2).

Is that a 1000 watt light above them? I'd guess overfeeding, light stress maybe, + ph imbalance. just ride it out after flushing because this far into flower you can't make up for it anyway. imo sorry

Try using additives that lower your ph rather than buying water, or get plug n play RO for 150$. the cheap ph 'drops' test kit is fine.

Is that a 1000 watt light above them? I'd guess overfeeding, light stress maybe, + ph imbalance. just ride it out after flushing because this far into flower you can't make up for it anyway. imo sorry

Try using additives that lower your ph rather than buying water, or get plug n play RO for 150$. the cheap ph 'drops' test kit is fine.

I might try that I bought the ph down just never used but im going to give it a try

Also its under a 600 watt

Edited by williams2311

I tried to but I only have the vile and drops its supposed to change the color when I add my nutes its hard to see what color since the water is brown.

The drops imo are garbage buy yourself a blue lab ph pen or a good digital ph meter not one of those cheap ones off of ebay that wont stay calibrated.

Water the plants until there is "runoff". Scoop some of the runoff up with a spoon and then test the pH with the pH tester liquid. If the pots pH is way out of whack, flush the plants with pH7 water/nute solution. As you are flushing, keep checking the runoff water until the pH falls within acceptable levels (5.8 - 7.2).

I just got done doing the flush gave them all about 3.5 gallons of 6.4 to 6.8 water. It ranged that high because my tap is at 9 and the ph down really don't have directions on how much. in 2 days I thing ill feed them with a little extra cal mag since I just flushed them out.

Holy cow that was quite a bit of work my back hurts from bending so much.

I just got done doing the flush gave them all about 3.5 gallons of 6.4 to 6.8 water. It ranged that high because my tap is at 9 and the ph down really don't have directions on how much. in 2 days I thing ill feed them with a little extra cal mag since I just flushed them out.

Holy cow that was quite a bit of work my back hurts from bending so much.

I forgot to mention that the plants should be flushed with "tepid" water. That is water that isn't warm or cold - right in between. A university study found that the ideal temp for plant water is 88 degrees. Cold water tends to shock the plants.

Plants seem to enjoy a good flushing now and then as long as nutrients that are being washed out are replaced. I understand that plants should always be flushed before being put into flower.

the problem i see is this.

General hydroponics floranova..

especially when you mix that with soil that's already got nutes in it.

i tried and had nothing but problems with it for the first 2 years i was growing...

now in kiss soil the plant corrects itself by asking the microbes in the soil to provide the nutrients it needs and wants..

all i do is add water for the entire grow cycle.

i start in 1 gallon pots from clone or seed in plain promix.

then i transplant to 3 gallon pots in KISS soil.

then to 10 gallon pots to flower in KISS.

i found floranova caused many of my troubles before i finally switched to KISS soil.

a year later i cant say enough for the process of learning organic soil starting with the KISS method and learning about how my plants feed themselves what they want instead of what someone tells me they should have out of a plastic bottle..

hope this helps...

good luck !

Edited by mibrains

I had the same problem, John. The guy who got me started suggested I use Roots Organic soil, which has nutes in it, along with GH products. Even after I switched to Promix my plants were chronically over-fed. It took me over a year to figure it out, as I was a new grower. I learned the hard way to NOT follow the directions on the bottles.  People aren't kidding when they say to start with no more than half of the recommended amount, or even less. I recently got some KISS soil from a guy I know, so it will be interesting to see what, if any difference there is with the final product. It will be nice to only have to water the plants.