Police Seize More Than 50 Pounds Of Marijuana From Jackson County Dispensary And Nearby House

wish I would have graduated law school lol. I see the protections the law affords us, however it was explained to me specifically the area concerning "medical use of" and "in accordance with the act. the law does not say buying cannabis from a dealer is legal. The cannabis from the dealer does not get the title "medical marijuana" like it does with the provision/ registering a caregiver to provide the medical marijuana. "In accordance with the act" would mean exactly that a patient can register a cg, or grow their own, which are the two legal manners of obtaining medical mj in Michigan mentioned in the act afforded us. or something like that.

If the act does not specifically indicate that something is legal, then it is assumed by law enforcement to be illegal, until a court rules on it. To avoid arrest, and prosecution it would be wise to do exactly as the act intends, with specific mention of two acceptable ways to obtain,  unless we're an activist or the like with cash or a pro bono attorney, to maybe sway the minds of a  jury(as opposed to taking a plea to save time/money/jail.

No "new" law just the same old one.

The patient can obtain it anywhere and their possesion is protected from prosecution.

The caregiver is protected only for those patients who are registered to them by the State and only if the amounts don't exceed the guidelines. That is my understanding of the law.

I'm fine with those people breaking the law.  If the law isn't just and no real crime has been committed, why recognize it?

If there weren't people defying the law, you wouldn't be smoking or eating ANYTHING!

I'd hope there would be hung juries on ALL marijuana related cases with no victim involved.

The way I understand the law is, the Patient and Caregiver are protected in getting their marijuana from wherever they get it from.  They can be in possession of it and it's all perfectly legal. 

It's legal to buy, and illegal to sell.

Edited by greenleaf

So that must mead if you only have your Recommendation  ( No Card ) you can get your Cannabis anywhere until your grow is ready ?

The way I understand the law is, the Patient and Caregiver are protected in getting their marijuana from wherever they get it from.  They can be in possession of it and it's all perfectly legal. 

I see it the same, but the law may not, until you arrive in court.  lots of people test laws, for clarification and such, and I tip my hat to these. Me personally, I'd rather not be arrested so I can prove a point with my hard earned dollars. I'll follow this law as written, and pray the feds pay for demonizing this herb, and jailing people who use it. call a lawyer, ask if you can make a pot buy at the corner crack house in Jackson legally, without being arrested and detained during the raid. I already know his answer, but I hope a lawyer chimes in on this.

I'm ok too with victimless crimes against unjust  laws. But setting up shop and peddling dope on the corner to any who step inside is way off the charts of the intention, and paints a black mark on ALL of our legal efforts of provision and us. The other 40% see those activities just as they see ours, as one group of drug dealers.  I don't like that.

I'm fine with those people breaking the law.  If the law isn't just and no real crime has been committed, why recognize it?

If there weren't people defying the law, you wouldn't be smoking or eating ANYTHING!

I'd hope there would be hung juries on ALL marijuana related cases with no victim involved.

Gee i hope for a jury of any kind until then i will follow the Law as Leo and the Courts see it

True in regard to a patient, not true in regard to a caregiver....

most, not all, caregivers are patients, maybe obtaining cannabis to treat their own medical conditions. It would be interesting to see tested a cg getting 10 oz., 2.5 for himself, and the reminder for their own patients, but not for their own med reasons....stupid wigs/stupid laws/    welcome to the corpocracy, with the best laws money can buy ! LEO is a tool, zealot often in their post, but the real devils are the 600 hundred or so people that make policy in our country, and the millions of people who blindly re elect them year after year, wondering why nothing changes. Missa  insania !

• 5 months later...

ok... section 8 allows a patient to use marijuana the second a doctor recommends it. COA and supreme court rule... we don't have to register. So if a paitent chooses to not register and self appoints a caregiver whats wrong with that. My lawyer has recently made this argument and I think the people in the know are waiting for this TEST CASE. Besides the fact that some poor schmuck didn't have a 6 year legal battle and 100k $ defense and run it throught the supreme court. This is what blew the weight reccomendations out the water in cali. "as much as neccassary to keep an uninterrupted supply" next weight limits will be tested by hash producers and outdoor/ green house growers, even patients taking advantage of outdoor greenhouse once a year. An attorney recently told an associate that greenhouse growers can go to 50 60 lbs does anyone know what case tested this? I don't believe it. We can argue online all we want. anyone growing selling smoking or storing pot in MI faces jail.... regardless. even full legal sect 4 patients ride downtown. quit feeding into their B.S. by the time we hear about it it's already crap. How many people will be talked into pleas before the horrible COA Hartwick opinion is altered by the supreme court. Even Supreme court judgements are subject to interpretation for years. Did the COA realize that they contradicted themselves in WYOMING regarding the definition of a patient.... one word in a 15 page opinion about civil city ordinances opens it right back up. That's the power of a guy like Komorn, he is on top of it, as much as anyone could be. Wish I could hire him just to sit next to my public defender for 2 hours at trial...