Cloning Help

jimmiej48

I have a strain of og kush that I'm going to stick into flower in the next couple weeks.. I need advice on cloning her before hand.. I have root hormone and cut 2 nice clones near the bottom and put the hormone on the tip and the cut was in an angle.. I put them in a damp not soaked dirt pod and they are going limp.. need serious help.. I have to keep this strain going..

if you have some rooting cubes like rapid rooters, or even rockwool, these are often more successful than dirt for cloning.

You should take cutting s an hour or so after a watering, and spray the leaves with clean no chlorine water, cut at a 45 angle with

a very sharp knife like a scalpel, immediately dip into rooting gel, and poke into a pretreated pre poked hole, in a moist plug, spray again, and cover

in a humidity dome or the like.

I would cover them in a mini greenhouse, keep them under a flouro light, warm, moist, and take more cuttings soon until they succeed, before you flower a keeper. I feel your pain

good luck

Limped over is not a good sign at 2 days. Keep the cuttings in a humidity dome and spray the inside of the dome. They should be upright and show no signs of wilting by day 3. Leave them in the dome and humid until they show roots. This could take up to 3 weeks depending on strain.

Rapid rooters work great. I also water the clones with Clonex and refresh the water every 3-4 days - that means dumping the old water from the pan and re-watering the rapid rooters.

I surely can't afford a dome. And I know there is alternatives to cloning.. as a first year grower I got my clones and was left to do this my self along with lots of help from this site. My 6 plants have grown bug free and big and green.. o I forgot stinky Lol. but now its time for flower time and I'm ready to just simply save the strain and not have to get clones again.

I surely can't afford a dome. And I know there is alternatives to cloning.. as a first year grower I got my clones and was left to do this my self along with lots of help from this site. My 6 plants have grown bug free and big and green.. o I forgot stinky Lol. but now its time for flower time and I'm ready to just simply save the strain and not have to get clones again.

Easy clone dome take a solo beer cup fill it with dirt put the clone in its cube or rapid rooter in the soil in the cup take a clear Solo cup and place it  on top I cut vent holes in my clear cups for air circulation then place  under a couple twisty CFL bulbs.

A plastic cup, rubber band and sandwich bag works well, is cheap and has the advantage of keeping each clone isolated in case of problems.

I shoot for about 75 degrees and do not open them up until roots are visible or the rooter cubes look like they are drying out.

Roots in 4 to 12 days reliably, depending on temps and light brightness. 

I'm not trying to say this is the best or only way, but it works and has low start up costs.

Also, when cutting clone at 45 degrees, if you do it under water you will have less chance of an air bubble in the stem.

Wilt after two days is bad, maybe too much light or too hot

I would start over.

You can do it, good luck.

if they perk up they are getting what they need. keep them moist and I find 80 degree temps more productive than 70 degree for clones. I don't kill many clones, but have learned several ways to do it. Sounds like yours just wanted a clear blanket to keep the humidity in. The leaves are the only water feeder until roots can form for the task. Do not feed any fertilizer to your clone before it has roots.

good to hear they perked up!

Thanks.. my temp in that room is around 82-83 hoping they make it and it being my first year of growth I don't expect to get things down right away but I have learned a ton this year and I'm sure after a few losses I will get it right..I did cut some holes in the ziplock bags for ventilation but don't see moisture in the bags..

Thanks.. my temp in that room is around 82-83 hoping they make it and it being my first year of growth I don't expect to get things down right away but I have learned a ton this year and I'm sure after a few losses I will get it right..I did cut some holes in the ziplock bags for ventilation but don't see moisture in the bags..

There should be condensation in the bags. If not, spray the inside of the bag. I use 1 Tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide in 1 quart of water to mist the plants and/or the inside of the dome. The Hyd. Peroxide seems to help somehow.

Thanks grassmatch being my first year I never thought my 6 primary plants would grow so fast and look so good. and the smell : ).and I surely never thought they would grow so fast.. not going to rush going into flower as I'm waitting on that yield or should I wait.. should i yield when I'm ready?

After a week all 3 clones are still green and standing.. yet to see root but not limped over like a week ago .all the leaves on each cutting it green stalk is green and standing.. I think my first cloning is going to be a success with all clones.. 1 of the 3 was limped over for 4:days and then stood up and is looking good ..