38 replies to this topic

#1 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationIn the woods, MI

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but a friend referred me to this forum. I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient (hard card). A few of my patient friends have Caregivers that donate them 1 oz of dry meds per month (at no cost), and if they want more than 1 oz, the CG has donation rates for the strains. I would use them, but they have the max amount of patients. If anyone on this forum, is interested in donating to me 1 oz. of dry medical grade marijuana per month at no cost, I will make you my CG for 24 months. I understand, some people won't like me posting, however I am low income and currently out of work due to workman's comp. Please Personal Message me if your interested in the above deal, and we can go from there. 

#2 I wood

I wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Locationsomwhere else.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

The general area where you are would be helpful to anybody who is posibly interested in working with you.

#3 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Sorry, this was my first time on here. I live in Rochester Hills, MI 48307, in Oakland County Michigan. 

#4 williams2311

williams2311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but a friend referred me to this forum. I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient (hard card). A few of my patient friends have Caregivers that donate them 1 oz of dry meds per month (at no cost), and if they want more than 1 oz, the CG has donation rates for the strains. I would use them, but they have the max amount of patients. If anyone on this forum, is interested in donating to me 1 oz. of dry medical grade marijuana per month at no cost, I will make you my CG for 24 months. I understand, some people won't like me posting, however I am low income and currently out of work due to workman's comp. Please Personal Message me if your interested in the above deal, and we can go from there.

Good chance you wont find one here. Most cgs that just give away a oz a month are people that sell it to anyone and everyone. I hope you find someone however most on this site stick to the law. And get kind of mad when people ask for stuff for free. If you have never grew before its alot of time and money that goes into it. Most CGs that follow the law have to depend on a job to make ends meet.

• Mickeydee likes this

#5 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Sound man, can we get some ominous organ music ?

"Oakland County, eh?"    muhuwaaaaaa.

Could you bring in some sirens sounds now please?

Show those flashing lights on the police cars.

Pounding gavel sounds please, Mr Sound man.

Cut to that picture of the Jury Foreman shouting,  "GUILTY!!"

Sound man, follow that with some clanking jail cell door sounds please.

I want that shot through the bars of the prisoner lying on the floor in the fetal position.

Ok, follow that with the scene of the wife and children being evicted

Finally, some soft sobbing noises if you would.

Visuals, cut to scene of Oakland County officials arguing while they divide up the man's possessions.

That's a wrap people.  Thank you.

Ok, kinda dramatic but Oakland County is a place where justice is clearly worth far less than convictions.  They seem to go the extra mile to make the lives of medical cannabis users worse whenever possible.

To ask a caregiver to give cannabis to you for free means that they need to make money from someone else in order to offset the cost of growing your meds.  When the current law states that one can only sell to the 5 patients within his care, one of the other 4 patients would need to pay for the caregiver to grow your free medicine. 

When caregivers could legally sell their overages to those outside of their 5 patients, the type of arrangement you are suggesting was much more likely to be found.  In today's environment, where overage sales are illegal, you are asking a lot of a potential caregiver.  He must either charge his existing patients more to cover for this new patient, or he must pay the costs out of his own pocket, or he would need to go outside of the law in order to sell his overages to others outside of his 5 patients. 

#6 imiubu

imiubu

compadre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • Locationhere and now

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

I want that shot through the bars of the prisoner lying on the floor in the fetal position.

Visuals, cut to scene of Oakland County officials arguing while they divide up the man's possessions.

Ok, kinda dramatic but Oakland County is a place where justice is clearly worth far less than convictions.  They seem to go the extra mile to make the lives of medical cannabis users worse whenever possible.

To ask a caregiver to give cannabis to you for free means that they need to make money from someone else in order to offset the cost of growing your meds.  When the current law states that one can only sell to the 5 patients within his care, one of the other 4 patients would need to pay for the caregiver to grow your free medicine. 

When caregivers could legally sell their overages to those outside of their 5 patients, the type of arrangement you are suggesting was much more likely to be found.  In today's environment, where overage sales are illegal, you are asking a lot of a potential caregiver.  He must either charge his existing patients more to cover for this new patient, or he must pay the costs out of his own pocket, or he would need to go outside of the law in order to sell his overages to others outside of his 5 patients. 

LOL wash!

How sadly true though.

#7 GregS

GregS

Yes. I do weigh 800 pounds. Next question?

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Succinct and to the point. Nice post.

#8 grassmatch

grassmatch

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

maybe if you started again, with a donation for your first ounce, and see what kind of gifts might come with that?

my patients get a gift of 25% with each delivery. For every ounce they donate for, they receive a quarter ounce gratis from me.

I hope you find a suitable caregiver soon. May I ask your age?

#9 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

@williams2311, I probably should tell my story, I apologize, first timer guy on here. In September 2007 (my senior year of high school), I was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. They removed the right testical   (not sure how they knew that, but that's what my medical records stated). I was (still am) in immense pain, in the crotch region. I was prescribed with oxytocin, neurontin, vicodin, all of those medications where very inexpensive and covered by my insurance company. I wasn't a fan of any of those medications for the following reasons, 1. constant diearreah that led to C-Diff, 2. hurt to urinate, 3. felt way too high off menial doses to do any simple daily tasks of living. I was offered medical cannabis in California in early 2009 (jillybean and sour diesel), both strains not only helped me function, but made it easier to live than the above opiate-family medications. In 2009, my friend was out of work and couldn't find a job, I was a michigan medical marijuana patient, no CG (I didn't know what it even was). This CG was the guy who helped me find "AFFORDABLE", medication as my health insurance provider has consistently refused to cover "ANY" medical cannabis for my medical needs, they told me that the painkillers where prescribed by my doctors and WILL help me onto the road to recover (I have documents to prove that statement). Anyways my friend asked me to be his CG and he offered (not me), to give me 1 oz., free per month, he had a 12 plant set-up from 09-11. The remaining plants/meds he told me he went to a collective or dispensary, this helped him afford bills and even send him to community college. However, he decided that Colorado would be a better state to become a entrepreneur, instead of Michigan. I've had 4 more CG's since then, they all have been unprofessional and inconsistent. For example, they would fall off the face of the planet, not grow medical quality (regs), or change the price after I bought once, and or never grew strains of value. I understand, I won't get anything "free", however I am at a fixed income, and looking for help. A friend who will remain namely referenced me to these forums. 

#10 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

@washtenaut, I understand your concern about oakland county, thanks to L Brooks Patterson (doesn't believe in Medical Cannabis). At least my man congressMAN Gary Peters (I've met with him along with others personally about medical cannabis which he supports) tried to include Medical Marihuana into the Affordable Care act for states with medical cannabis laws. Too bad, all of congress besides him said no. 

#11 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

i knew a guy that had testicular cancer in high school. they removed one of his balls as well.

thats some crazy stuff. sorry to hear that.

you're young to be on workers comp. really sucks.

you might want to ask the coop or dispensary if they know of a cg who gives free oz's.

or try going to a compassion club meeting and connecting with other patients and cgs in person.

theres a birmingham compassion club meeting at the library near 15mile and woodward.

Edited by t-pain, 01 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#12 williams2311

williams2311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

@williams2311, I probably should tell my story, I apologize, first timer guy on here. In September 2007 (my senior year of high school), I was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. They removed the right testical (not sure how they knew that, but that's what my medical records stated). I was (still am) in immense pain, in the crotch region. I was prescribed with oxytocin, neurontin, vicodin, all of those medications where very inexpensive and covered by my insurance company. I wasn't a fan of any of those medications for the following reasons, 1. constant diearreah that led to C-Diff, 2. hurt to urinate, 3. felt way too high off menial doses to do any simple daily tasks of living. I was offered medical cannabis in California in early 2009 (jillybean and sour diesel), both strains not only helped me function, but made it easier to live than the above opiate-family medications. In 2009, my friend was out of work and couldn't find a job, I was a michigan medical marijuana patient, no CG (I didn't know what it even was). This CG was the guy who helped me find "AFFORDABLE", medication as my health insurance provider has consistently refused to cover "ANY" medical cannabis for my medical needs, they told me that the painkillers where prescribed by my doctors and WILL help me onto the road to recover (I have documents to prove that statement). Anyways my friend asked me to be his CG and he offered (not me), to give me 1 oz., free per month, he had a 12 plant set-up from 09-11. The remaining plants/meds he told me he went to a collective or dispensary, this helped him afford bills and even send him to community college. However, he decided that Colorado would be a better state to become a entrepreneur, instead of Michigan. I've had 4 more CG's since then, they all have been unprofessional and inconsistent. For example, they would fall off the face of the planet, not grow medical quality (regs), or change the price after I bought once, and or never grew strains of value. I understand, I won't get anything "free", however I am at a fixed income, and looking for help. A friend who will remain namely referenced me to these forums.

I wasn't bashing you by no means and im sorry of your situation. Im just informing you of how things kind of work around here

#13 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

@williams2311, I know you were not bashing. I was quick to post, trying to figure out these particular forums. I'm not a big forum guy, but is sucks being on fixed income. I don't want to take advantage or have someone take advantage of me. It seems like people on here have their heart in the right place. I use to live in Troy (most people I knew there, didn't have their heart in the right place regarding medical cannabis). 

#14 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

@t-pain, is there a person I can get into contact with at the Birmingham library? I am desperate. Workman's comp., does suck its a fixed income, especially if you have necessary medical bills which puts you in a pinch. I'm in month 2 out of hopefully 12, no more than 24. I'm trying my best. 

#15 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

the library is just where they hold public meetings for patients and caregivers.

theres an email you can contact on the club page here

http://michiganmedic...gham-compassion

hopefully thats updated.

#16 grassmatch

grassmatch

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

t-pain, you the man, thanks so much for helping this cat out.

the library is just where they hold public meetings for patients and caregivers.

theres an email you can contact on the club page here

http://michiganmedic...gham-compassion

hopefully thats updated.

#17 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

@t-pain, thank you very much, I just emailed them. Every bit of advice helps, I learned a lot today too.  :blow-a-heart:

#18 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

What happened to you at work that you're now collecting Workman's Comp?

#19 craigslistman48307

craigslistman48307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

@Celliach, I PM-ed you. Again thanks everyone for not judging AND conducting yourselves in a kind manner. If I showed you guys some of the emails I got from people on craigslist, you'd laugh. That website is not a good website to find meds, trust me I have contacted multiple people off there, met them and almost everything on there WAS NOT medical grade and the people are violent and rude, some stuff was good, but the people pressure you and treat you unkind, in the emails they call you very unkind words. Again, I'm very glad I was referred here, very helpful. 

#20 grassmatch

grassmatch

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

that site is only a site. It comes down to the types of people that would openly advertise one like it, turning out to be the same types of people you describe. Its a great site, but anyone crazy enough to advertise this way is surely crazy enough to raise your flags is all.  These types are cool for one reason , they have a longevity factor, and many of us can quickly read through a sham, or a questionable provider/patient. I haven't been here long, but I followed this one for years before joining. glad I did

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users