I Am Patient In Need Of A Caregiver

craigslistman48307

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but a friend referred me to this forum. I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient (hard card). A few of my patient friends have Caregivers that donate them 1 oz of dry meds per month (at no cost), and if they want more than 1 oz, the CG has donation rates for the strains. I would use them, but they have the max amount of patients. If anyone on this forum, is interested in donating to me 1 oz. of dry medical grade marijuana per month at no cost, I will make you my CG for 24 months. I understand, some people won't like me posting, however I am low income and currently out of work due to workman's comp. Please Personal Message me if your interested in the above deal, and we can go from there. 

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but a friend referred me to this forum. I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient (hard card). A few of my patient friends have Caregivers that donate them 1 oz of dry meds per month (at no cost), and if they want more than 1 oz, the CG has donation rates for the strains. I would use them, but they have the max amount of patients. If anyone on this forum, is interested in donating to me 1 oz. of dry medical grade marijuana per month at no cost, I will make you my CG for 24 months. I understand, some people won't like me posting, however I am low income and currently out of work due to workman's comp. Please Personal Message me if your interested in the above deal, and we can go from there.

Good chance you wont find one here. Most cgs that just give away a oz a month are people that sell it to anyone and everyone. I hope you find someone however most on this site stick to the law. And get kind of mad when people ask for stuff for free. If you have never grew before its alot of time and money that goes into it. Most CGs that follow the law have to depend on a job to make ends meet.

Sound man, can we get some ominous organ music ?

"Oakland County, eh?"    muhuwaaaaaa.

Could you bring in some sirens sounds now please?

Show those flashing lights on the police cars.

Pounding gavel sounds please, Mr Sound man.

Cut to that picture of the Jury Foreman shouting,  "GUILTY!!"

Sound man, follow that with some clanking jail cell door sounds please.

I want that shot through the bars of the prisoner lying on the floor in the fetal position.

Ok, follow that with the scene of the wife and children being evicted

Finally, some soft sobbing noises if you would.

Visuals, cut to scene of Oakland County officials arguing while they divide up the man's possessions.

That's a wrap people.  Thank you.

Ok, kinda dramatic but Oakland County is a place where justice is clearly worth far less than convictions.  They seem to go the extra mile to make the lives of medical cannabis users worse whenever possible.

To ask a caregiver to give cannabis to you for free means that they need to make money from someone else in order to offset the cost of growing your meds.  When the current law states that one can only sell to the 5 patients within his care, one of the other 4 patients would need to pay for the caregiver to grow your free medicine. 

When caregivers could legally sell their overages to those outside of their 5 patients, the type of arrangement you are suggesting was much more likely to be found.  In today's environment, where overage sales are illegal, you are asking a lot of a potential caregiver.  He must either charge his existing patients more to cover for this new patient, or he must pay the costs out of his own pocket, or he would need to go outside of the law in order to sell his overages to others outside of his 5 patients. 

I want that shot through the bars of the prisoner lying on the floor in the fetal position.

Visuals, cut to scene of Oakland County officials arguing while they divide up the man's possessions.

Ok, kinda dramatic but Oakland County is a place where justice is clearly worth far less than convictions.  They seem to go the extra mile to make the lives of medical cannabis users worse whenever possible.

To ask a caregiver to give cannabis to you for free means that they need to make money from someone else in order to offset the cost of growing your meds.  When the current law states that one can only sell to the 5 patients within his care, one of the other 4 patients would need to pay for the caregiver to grow your free medicine. 

When caregivers could legally sell their overages to those outside of their 5 patients, the type of arrangement you are suggesting was much more likely to be found.  In today's environment, where overage sales are illegal, you are asking a lot of a potential caregiver.  He must either charge his existing patients more to cover for this new patient, or he must pay the costs out of his own pocket, or he would need to go outside of the law in order to sell his overages to others outside of his 5 patients. 

LOL wash!

How sadly true though.

Succinct and to the point. Nice post.

@williams2311, I probably should tell my story, I apologize, first timer guy on here. In September 2007 (my senior year of high school), I was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. They removed the right testical   (not sure how they knew that, but that's what my medical records stated). I was (still am) in immense pain, in the crotch region. I was prescribed with oxytocin, neurontin, vicodin, all of those medications where very inexpensive and covered by my insurance company. I wasn't a fan of any of those medications for the following reasons, 1. constant diearreah that led to C-Diff, 2. hurt to urinate, 3. felt way too high off menial doses to do any simple daily tasks of living. I was offered medical cannabis in California in early 2009 (jillybean and sour diesel), both strains not only helped me function, but made it easier to live than the above opiate-family medications. In 2009, my friend was out of work and couldn't find a job, I was a michigan medical marijuana patient, no CG (I didn't know what it even was). This CG was the guy who helped me find "AFFORDABLE", medication as my health insurance provider has consistently refused to cover "ANY" medical cannabis for my medical needs, they told me that the painkillers where prescribed by my doctors and WILL help me onto the road to recover (I have documents to prove that statement). Anyways my friend asked me to be his CG and he offered (not me), to give me 1 oz., free per month, he had a 12 plant set-up from 09-11. The remaining plants/meds he told me he went to a collective or dispensary, this helped him afford bills and even send him to community college. However, he decided that Colorado would be a better state to become a entrepreneur, instead of Michigan. I've had 4 more CG's since then, they all have been unprofessional and inconsistent. For example, they would fall off the face of the planet, not grow medical quality (regs), or change the price after I bought once, and or never grew strains of value. I understand, I won't get anything "free", however I am at a fixed income, and looking for help. A friend who will remain namely referenced me to these forums. 

@washtenaut, I understand your concern about oakland county, thanks to L Brooks Patterson (doesn't believe in Medical Cannabis). At least my man congressMAN Gary Peters (I've met with him along with others personally about medical cannabis which he supports) tried to include Medical Marihuana into the Affordable Care act for states with medical cannabis laws. Too bad, all of congress besides him said no. 

i knew a guy that had testicular cancer in high school. they removed one of his balls as well.

thats some crazy stuff. sorry to hear that.

you're young to be on workers comp. really sucks.

you might want to ask the coop or dispensary if they know of a cg who gives free oz's.

or try going to a compassion club meeting and connecting with other patients and cgs in person.

theres a birmingham compassion club meeting at the library near 15mile and woodward.

Edited by t-pain

@williams2311, I probably should tell my story, I apologize, first timer guy on here. In September 2007 (my senior year of high school), I was diagnosed with Testicular cancer. They removed the right testical (not sure how they knew that, but that's what my medical records stated). I was (still am) in immense pain, in the crotch region. I was prescribed with oxytocin, neurontin, vicodin, all of those medications where very inexpensive and covered by my insurance company. I wasn't a fan of any of those medications for the following reasons, 1. constant diearreah that led to C-Diff, 2. hurt to urinate, 3. felt way too high off menial doses to do any simple daily tasks of living. I was offered medical cannabis in California in early 2009 (jillybean and sour diesel), both strains not only helped me function, but made it easier to live than the above opiate-family medications. In 2009, my friend was out of work and couldn't find a job, I was a michigan medical marijuana patient, no CG (I didn't know what it even was). This CG was the guy who helped me find "AFFORDABLE", medication as my health insurance provider has consistently refused to cover "ANY" medical cannabis for my medical needs, they told me that the painkillers where prescribed by my doctors and WILL help me onto the road to recover (I have documents to prove that statement). Anyways my friend asked me to be his CG and he offered (not me), to give me 1 oz., free per month, he had a 12 plant set-up from 09-11. The remaining plants/meds he told me he went to a collective or dispensary, this helped him afford bills and even send him to community college. However, he decided that Colorado would be a better state to become a entrepreneur, instead of Michigan. I've had 4 more CG's since then, they all have been unprofessional and inconsistent. For example, they would fall off the face of the planet, not grow medical quality (regs), or change the price after I bought once, and or never grew strains of value. I understand, I won't get anything "free", however I am at a fixed income, and looking for help. A friend who will remain namely referenced me to these forums.

I wasn't bashing you by no means and im sorry of your situation. Im just informing you of how things kind of work around here

@williams2311, I know you were not bashing. I was quick to post, trying to figure out these particular forums. I'm not a big forum guy, but is sucks being on fixed income. I don't want to take advantage or have someone take advantage of me. It seems like people on here have their heart in the right place. I use to live in Troy (most people I knew there, didn't have their heart in the right place regarding medical cannabis). 

@t-pain, is there a person I can get into contact with at the Birmingham library? I am desperate. Workman's comp., does suck its a fixed income, especially if you have necessary medical bills which puts you in a pinch. I'm in month 2 out of hopefully 12, no more than 24. I'm trying my best. 

@Celliach, I PM-ed you. Again thanks everyone for not judging AND conducting yourselves in a kind manner. If I showed you guys some of the emails I got from people on craigslist, you'd laugh. That website is not a good website to find meds, trust me I have contacted multiple people off there, met them and almost everything on there WAS NOT medical grade and the people are violent and rude, some stuff was good, but the people pressure you and treat you unkind, in the emails they call you very unkind words. Again, I'm very glad I was referred here, very helpful. 

that site is only a site. It comes down to the types of people that would openly advertise one like it, turning out to be the same types of people you describe. Its a great site, but anyone crazy enough to advertise this way is surely crazy enough to raise your flags is all.  These types are cool for one reason , they have a longevity factor, and many of us can quickly read through a sham, or a questionable provider/patient. I haven't been here long, but I followed this one for years before joining. glad I did

Best of luck on your quest my friend but beware of the beast you mentioned .. I know there are plenty of people who feed off from those like yourself and I hope you do not make any wrong decisions with the wrong people .. Perhaps you'll find an answer to your prayers here though .. :)

Respectfully,

PeacePipe

Edited by PeacePipe

I've got to warn against getting involved with a situation like this...

This is what ends up happening...

Threats of Lawsuit, anger, bad feelings, paranoia, and etc...

Even if your a caring individual, you end up, either feeling used, or being used, or maybe you'll get lucky and feel both.

If you really want compassion, become an activist, and help change the laws, so our time and effort, nutrients, electric can be paid for through DHS, Since your out of work, you prob have a lot of free time, use it to help change everyones situation.

People will throw you free swag all the time if you get to the Jack Herrer level.

Not to be crass, but my buddies brother got his scrotum ripped out from a rusty nail on a teeter totter, I watched my friend try and hold his brother nuts together wating for the ambulance to show up.  It hurt, but he lived.

Caregivers are made up of the same people that you are, most are working to try and cover the cost of their own medication, and if they're just trying to work the system and make a quick buck, it's not likely that they'll be around past the first harvest, (what, if one plant outdoors can get up to 10 lb's in a Jorge Cervantes vid, than 12 plants under a 600 watt hood will get me like 120 lb's, right?)

I think you'd be better off, looking for another person that wants to split the cost of nutes and electric each month, than someone that wants to give you free medication.  Oh wait, I forgot, HTG is having that "Everythings Free" sale, and Consumers energy decided that everyone in Michigan is struggling so they're giving away free electric this month.

Did your doctor send you to the pharmacy to get your medication, or you just grab a couple handfills of samples?

OK my advice to non-paying patients is below.

Basically you have two reasonably decent and legal paths

The first is to plead for help (which you did an excellent job of btw) but be sure to offer trimming or other service in exchange. I would personally rather claw my eyes out than trim any more g.d. cannabis but it's a low physical impact activity that anyone with good motor control left in their hands can do. I Just gave a patient 2 ozs to say bon voyage and thanks for cleaning my leaves/gutters/outdoor garden :).

I can't take on another non-paying patient now but my advice (and some equipment/cuttings) is free.

The second path is to grow your own.

If you have a spot, $160 bucks, some luck, some friends, and some advice you can do this.

600/400W dimmable electronic ballast - iPower or equivalent $110 (cost new w/discount)
400W mH bulb - $30 (plantmax ughhhhh but I have one for ya)
600W HPS bulb - $30 (plantmax but their HPS is actually not that bad)
Vertical Light Mogul - $20 (sunlight supply brand - amazon)
El cheapo Parabolic Reflector (only to start vegging, remove reflector and drop light after) - $20
12 1 gallon grow bags - ?? $10
1 big bag of roots organics - $22
1-1-1 ratio organic fertilizer sticks -$12 amazon
1 8" honeywell floor fan - $15 amazon (or rig :) )
1 month of 18/6 on 400W - $40
2 month of 12/12 on 600W - $80
Very conservative yield estimate - 12 oz? (Harvest slowly!)
Total cost w/o any outside help: $569

I don't like the ballast much (but I have run 2 chinese economy digital iPower ballasts for 2 years straight in 1000W hoods no problems ever) and there are definately better performing mH bulbs out there, but this setup would work surprisingly well if placed in a clean locked room with forced air heat/cool like most houses are built these days. Airflow is a concern, as is smell, but you could get away with this as is. Another concern would be bugs, but as this would be a 1 run only type of deal in the cool weather in a clean room you could probably get away with no protection, or just a little neem oil and dishsoap as a preventative (I'll give ya some I don't use neem anymore)

Now let's get that cost down.

Betcha anything you could find a C.G. willing to provide Sour D clones free of charge to someone in your situation, especially if you nursed the cuttings yourself that would take a big chunk out of the bill. Clones in rockwool root surprisingly well with just tap water every couple of days. Humidity dome is 2.99 new or put a pencil hole in some plastic baggies that'll work too. I have some T4 daytime flourescent lights I'd give you to clone with if you end up with unrooted cuttings. Electrical cost to run one of those for cloning is practically nill. You could rig up any small fan you have lying around for the floor fan provided it's small enough (in a vertically lit setup the fan cools the bulb and provides some air circulation for the plants). I also bet you anything that you could find some current/past C.G's willing to give you (or perhaps loan you but I'd avoid that) equipment as well. I have ballasts / hps but only higher wattage stuff (1000W) which is excessive for the situation. You also don't technically need the parabolic reflector at all especially if you use boxes/crates/wood/whatever to creatively angle your plants to face your bulb. But a reflector would make your life easier for the start of veg. 

I've spent tons of money over the years figuring out how to produce cannabis indoors as efficiently as possible. It is a happy coincidence that in terms of setup costs the system I run is one of the cheapest (less the very expensive AC/CO2, name brand bulbs/ballast none of which you'll be needing) - like many C.G's I would pay A LOT to produce a higher quality product / more yield / quicker it's just that I've been unable to beat this simple, no reflector non-aircooled vertically hung light setup so far.

I always tell people that growing MJ is not 'scalable' like you might think. A 400W/600W lamp burning barebulb in a large bedroom is easy peasy. Add a few more and you need to concern yourself with AC, dehumidication, ventilation/CO2, smell control (like, even if you're sitting on a half acre.) Not to mention circuit and wiring upgrades.

Most of my money was spent in the used market and most of the things I've bought have gone right back on the used market. The system I describe above is close to my own, less a few niceties like better bulbs/ballasts that you don't really need (I've used the cheapo stuff in the past with amazing results) and CO2 supplementation / AC, and produces over 2 lbs with half the plants but twice the veg time and higher producing plants than the Sour D. My harvest is obviously staggered and my grow perpetual but someone in your situation needn't worry about all that crap.

I'd be willing to help ya if you end up going that route. If you've got the time and can follow basic instructions, you can grow MJ indoors like a pro!

Oh, you'll need rabbit fencing for a VSCROG screen too. I got some I can give ya. Pretty much I think you could do this for the cost of your time, electricity, water, nutrients, and dirt (which would be a lot of time and about $155 bucks). Toughest part would be getting someone to loan you a lamp mogul, ballast, and used 600W HPS bulb in decent condition. The lamp mogul could be salvaged from an old reflector (though I recommend spending the $20 bucks push comes to shove). Someone has got a switchable mag 600W/400W ballast collecting dust, and I guareentee there are C.G.'s on this very site that have a mountain of gently used 600W HPS either from upgrading to 1000W or changing bulbs after just a cycle or two.

Oh, you'll need a timer too.

Would get you squared away on your meds for probably a year.

Just an option.

@slipstar059, are you talking about my urologist or the other doctor that prescribed me with medical marijuana? My urologist only prescribes me with vicodin (not a fan). 

@Guanotea1, I am not in this for profit, the reason I got scared away from growing is, I don't want my mother in law to find out, she voted against medical marijuana in 2008, Also I don't want my 2 yr old son to find it, or see me ingest in medical marijuana, and I hear the electric bill or DTE bill gets expensive, which yes I understand thats why medical cannabis costs so much. However I stumbled upon a grow box for $420 on www.dealzer.com I think that was the site, but it can only grow midget plants (not sure whats the difference). Apparently that bill only is $5 a month and leaks no smell, I am still pondering that. 

To all, I won't break the law at all, not a option.