I Am Patient In Need Of A Caregiver

craigslistman48307

I prefer to find solutions to common problems. I have one for the op.

offering cuttings prolly wont get anyone in trouble, but the transfer could. The biggest problem with this is verifying that the receiver is indeed a legitimate patient. Just look at the many clubs busted because they didn't verify a bogus card that a cop showed them. Anyone advertising clones for sale especially publicly on CL or the like is most likely not a responsible(mites, diseases, subpar genetics, etc.  grower with much to lose, or else the offering up of an illegal 20 dollar product would not be risked in the first place. I know this because I have so much invested in my craft, and I respect my family enough to do everything in my power to keep them safe, including not dealing with people on craigslist.

A local club will definitely help you procure these elusive cuttings, or seeds you may want. If you start with seeds know that your results will most likely differ from any reports, because your rooms differ, and so will your grow habits. Starting with recent cup winners is a safe place to begin. There are MI seed retailers, even ones you can go pick up. google a bit to locate.

I'll register the op's  for long enough to get as many cuttings and seeds as they want if needed. I wont  make patients wait, and they can even use my provisions to treat  medical conditions until  meds are ready, And they  can keep their own plant count, I wont need them.This issue should never stall a motivated patient in need. like telling you there is a medicine somewhere that will help you, but we're not going to tell you where its at !!  darn politico's ! good luck to the op.

Please be aware that offering cuttings to people who are not your registered is illegal and may result in someone being arrested.  You can use a Section 8 defense in court, but you are not guaranteed of winning a case with a Section 8 defense.

oh ok thxs for the info you Celiatech and Grassmatch on the transfers. I didn't know that one.

I unfortunately have no info on microgrow as you speak, other than it's called a microgrow.

If it's not allowed where you are living I wouldn't suggest it, definately don't do what I do lol.

What I know how to do best is definately, ummmm, NOTICABLE :)

that's what I did 5 yrs ago, and I would do it again the exact same way. Tent production is under rated imo, and is capable of out producing

a larger room/per plant weight. So much less light is needed in the tight space. No need to veg very long at all, I still only veg around 45 days, or

12-18 inches tall. I do top once in there in the beginning though normally. Between 2-4 ounces of finish is acceptable to me and my garden program.

Could produce much more, but what's the point ?

that's what I did 5 yrs ago, and I would do it again the exact same way. Tent production is under rated imo, and is capable of out producing

a larger room/per plant weight. So much less light is needed in the tight space. No need to veg very long at all, I still only veg around 45 days, or

12-18 inches tall. I do top once in there in the beginning though normally. Between 2-4 ounces of finish is acceptable to me and my garden program.

Could produce much more, but what's the point ?

Tents are efficient. Using a 4x4' unit to bloom, three, or even two of them will produce about a pound a month using thirty six plants and depending on strains, along with a few mothers and a handful of clones. 27 plants will yield almost as much.

Edited by GregS

Tents are great! I started with those a couple years back too. String two tents together and the setup is perpetual and proper for a caregiver.

I do find that these days, with the VSCROG, the need for reflective surfaces is pretty much gone. One of the beni's, I suppose, in addition to the lower start up costs. Not that that was a real factor for me, as I already spent the money building my rooms / enclosures. I'd do it again, too, but just to keep my precious CO2 wafting by my leaves.

Clone/Seedling/Early Veg

The T5's I use sit basically on top of the plants and a full canopy rests below them. Additional reflective surfaces won't help much there, and I supply an entire 60 plant garden with 192W of T5 lights and that is overkill. No complaints there.

Medium Veg

After that, my plants are arranged in a screen of green around for an 400W mH "medium" veg. This part pisses me off the most, because it's pretty much impossible with the arrangement to use all the light available at this stage. Or at least I haven't thought of anything yet. More reflective surfaces won't help me here anyway

Late Veg

When the plants fill the width of the screen, I move the plants on to a 400W mH late veg stage. From this point on very little light escapes out of the setup. 

So I burn 1000W lamppower total for my 60 plant perpetual setup in veg. I veg 60 days in total usually. I do have a clone/seedling stage that lasts about 2 weeks. I don't have my act together on CO2 in my veg room, this time of the year is real tricky for me in my spot. Hydronic heat is a nightmare. I'm hoping to push the total veg time down a bit in the future.

Flower

Then it's on to the flower room. At this point the plants have filled up there screens and the SCROG training is done. All that happens in that stage is trimming to eliminate larf and open up the canopy so it doesn't choke itself out. Also I remove or cut any twisty ties as that interferes with the plants ability to stretch towards the light. That last part is important, I f00ked my first vert crop by not doing that, grrr.

The flower room can burn between 3000-4200W using 5-7 600W HPS's. So that's between 4-6 plants arranged in a circle around a 600W HPS. It's actually not very bright in the room overall, just pockets of H.I.D. burn-your-eyes apart light escaping from the tops of each bulb past the canopy. Pretty much all the light at this point hits the plant canopy.

I planned for  3.5 oz/plant and pulling down 2-3 a week to satisfy my 5. And 3.5 oz is what I've been getting with my LA confidential, my smallest plant in play at the moment. But with higher yielding plants like my GDP I'm pushing 7 (that was this week's plant and it was on the small side for GDP)

Movement/Transplant

All I do is basically move 2-4 plants every week onto their next stage. So, from seedling/clone to early veg, from early veg to middle veg, middle to late veg, late veg to flower, late veg clones taken to clone seedling, flower to harvest table, harvest table to dry tent, dry tent to jars, jars to patients. Easy right? Well if any of those processes need to stop for any reason then things get held up. For example if a plant decides it's going to be extra huge or even two plants decide to be much larger than average that presents a problem to the whole production line. I can't get the plants into the dry tent because it would push me over my limit which means I can't get the plant out to the harvest area which means I can't get new plants into flower which means.... well you get the picture my sched gets messed up.

I expect that these numbers will go WAYYY down with the introduction of 10+ new strains. There will be a lot of sorting to do, even some males. I'll probably toss some stuff that I don't like along the way, so I like to have all the excess capacity available to me during selection - though I won't need it thereafter

After selection? Flip the switches on and outproduce the cartel :), the trouble is no 5 patients I've ever met could use all that weight! I've got a small and efficient, but full scale, garden. I have a very limited space to work with and only a 100A main breaker, so I was basically forced into doing everything in the most efficient way possible. A single large super efficient dehumidifier, a 21 SEER inverter minisplit AC (self-installed China unit), a proper CO2 burner setup, and bare bulb 600W goes a LONG way to that end. 

It's a more work due to all the trimming and screen BS, but I know for a fact that I out-do 10,000W lamppower (but poorly setup/managed) rooms this way.

For the record, I would consider this method for any single setup that aims to produce 3# or less a month with legal plant count. I fall in the "less" category myself. Double that is possible yes but only with the monster strains, and again... you know legal issues blah blah blah.

All of this is in the soil, btw, no idea about the hydro habberdashery. I just bought my first table last week. I'll be dripping to waste automatically this week I hope, I'm so sick of all the hand watering!

Need more than 3 # / mo in the soil I'd suggest doing something else, because the canopy work alone is a bit of a nightmare, plus the final product is more difficult to trim than horizontal setups, least that's my experience. But none of us need even that much cannabis anyway, what with the Carruthers and McQueens B.S.

considered auto watering your dirt bags?

I'm transitioning to 2x2 and 3x3 trays to plant in, as opposed to individual plant pots or bags. I like the fact that there are dry pots in the tray, just like in nature. I can clearly see the growth changes doing it this way, not sue if its "the way" yet but it keeps my interest thusfar

do you ever sleep ? lol

Tents are great! I started with those a couple years back too. String two tents together and the setup is perpetual and proper for a caregiver.

I do find that these days, with the VSCROG, the need for reflective surfaces is pretty much gone. One of the beni's, I suppose, in addition to the lower start up costs. Not that that was a real factor for me, as I already spent the money building my rooms / enclosures. I'd do it again, too, but just to keep my precious CO2 wafting by my leaves.

Clone/Seedling/Early Veg

The T5's I use sit basically on top of the plants and a full canopy rests below them. Additional reflective surfaces won't help much there, and I supply an entire 60 plant garden with 192W of T5 lights and that is overkill. No complaints there.

Medium Veg

After that, my plants are arranged in a screen of green around for an 400W mH "medium" veg. This part pisses me off the most, because it's pretty much impossible with the arrangement to use all the light available at this stage. Or at least I haven't thought of anything yet. More reflective surfaces won't help me here anyway

Late Veg

When the plants fill the width of the screen, I move the plants on to a 400W mH late veg stage. From this point on very little light escapes out of the setup. 

So I burn 1000W lamppower total for my 60 plant perpetual setup in veg. I veg 60 days in total usually. I do have a clone/seedling stage that lasts about 2 weeks. I don't have my act together on CO2 in my veg room, this time of the year is real tricky for me in my spot. Hydronic heat is a nightmare. I'm hoping to push the total veg time down a bit in the future.

Flower

Then it's on to the flower room. At this point the plants have filled up there screens and the SCROG training is done. All that happens in that stage is trimming to eliminate larf and open up the canopy so it doesn't choke itself out. Also I remove or cut any twisty ties as that interferes with the plants ability to stretch towards the light. That last part is important, I f00ked my first vert crop by not doing that, grrr.

The flower room can burn between 3000-4200W using 5-7 600W HPS's. So that's between 4-6 plants arranged in a circle around a 600W HPS. It's actually not very bright in the room overall, just pockets of H.I.D. burn-your-eyes apart light escaping from the tops of each bulb past the canopy. Pretty much all the light at this point hits the plant canopy.

I planned for  3.5 oz/plant and pulling down 2-3 a week to satisfy my 5. And 3.5 oz is what I've been getting with my LA confidential, my smallest plant in play at the moment. But with higher yielding plants like my GDP I'm pushing 7 (that was this week's plant and it was on the small side for GDP)

Movement/Transplant

All I do is basically move 2-4 plants every week onto their next stage. So, from seedling/clone to early veg, from early veg to middle veg, middle to late veg, late veg to flower, late veg clones taken to clone seedling, flower to harvest table, harvest table to dry tent, dry tent to jars, jars to patients. Easy right? Well if any of those processes need to stop for any reason then things get held up. For example if a plant decides it's going to be extra huge or even two plants decide to be much larger than average that presents a problem to the whole production line. I can't get the plants into the dry tent because it would push me over my limit which means I can't get the plant out to the harvest area which means I can't get new plants into flower which means.... well you get the picture my sched gets messed up.

I expect that these numbers will go WAYYY down with the introduction of 10+ new strains. There will be a lot of sorting to do, even some males. I'll probably toss some stuff that I don't like along the way, so I like to have all the excess capacity available to me during selection - though I won't need it thereafter

After selection? Flip the switches on and outproduce the cartel :), the trouble is no 5 patients I've ever met could use all that weight! I've got a small and efficient, but full scale, garden. I have a very limited space to work with and only a 100A main breaker, so I was basically forced into doing everything in the most efficient way possible. A single large super efficient dehumidifier, a 21 SEER inverter minisplit AC (self-installed China unit), a proper CO2 burner setup, and bare bulb 600W goes a LONG way to that end. 

It's a more work due to all the trimming and screen BS, but I know for a fact that I out-do 10,000W lamppower (but poorly setup/managed) rooms this way.

For the record, I would consider this method for any single setup that aims to produce 3# or less a month with legal plant count. I fall in the "less" category myself. Double that is possible yes but only with the monster strains, and again... you know legal issues blah blah blah.

All of this is in the soil, btw, no idea about the hydro habberdashery. I just bought my first table last week. I'll be dripping to waste automatically this week I hope, I'm so sick of all the hand watering!

Need more than 3 # / mo in the soil I'd suggest doing something else, because the canopy work alone is a bit of a nightmare, plus the final product is more difficult to trim than horizontal setups, least that's my experience. But none of us need even that much cannabis anyway, what with the Carruthers and McQueens B.S.

considered auto watering your dirt bags?

I'm transitioning to 2x2 and 3x3 trays to plant in, as opposed to individual plant pots or bags. I like the fact that there are dry pots in the tray, just like in nature. I can clearly see the growth changes doing it this way, not sue if its "the way" yet but it keeps my interest thusfar

I'm setting up a dripper system soon. I got the table just to operate as a drain channel. I will be dripping into my dirt fabric pots to start with, looks pretty simple to emulate the way I handwater with simple manual regulating drip manifolds. We'll see :). I thought about the tophf blumats too. Seems like they could / do fail one way or another without a lot of warning though, and that concerns me.

After this round is out I can pick whatever substrate I want and even mix n' match, 1 res per light. Gives me some room to play. 

I have a very strange circadian rythm, always have, nothing to do with my party habits  :lolu:  but that has been assumed more than a few times. 

To the O.P. - on second thought for a first timer a tent/stink sock / 6" fan and a cheapo reflector (batwing?) is probably the best way to go. You probably will need smell control anyway if you have neighbors anywhere around you so you're stuck with having to buy a hydro fan and stink sock. Otherwise you could just use a box fan framed into a 2x4 built mylar tent, and save some dough. 

In addition, being your first time out I shouldn't recommend a VSCROG unless you have someone around to hold your hand through it. I realized that it would be complicated to someone that hasn't been around live marijuana plants for years how to train in a VSCROG, haha.

Pushes the cost up a bit, I'd estimate you're looking at at least $700 for that type of setup brand new. It would cost you a little bit more, but a much higher probability of success and with only 1 ballast you have precious little room for experimentation. I wouldn't rec. purchasing new stuff in your case, I'd try to beg for some of the components first, then I'd scan CL for a few weeks (program called feedreader can scan for you). I see people all the time selling complete used setups with tents lights pots everything in the $500 dollar range. You just might have to do a bit of driving to get it considering where you are. Just post the ad here and the smart folks here can review it for a yay or nay prior to purchase.

That's all I have to say about growing!

Good luck in getting the sitch sorted out one way or another. 

I just want to thank everyone again for all their help. Some of you I recently PM-ed. Sorry I haven't checked everything daily, 

1. I'd like to grow, I live in a modular home with my wife, mother-in-law, 2.5yr old son. (How bad is the smell in a tent? Another obstacle is I need the room locked so my son cant access it., 3. My Mother-in-law is super anti-marijuana anything.) Again, I'd still like to grow at some point. 
2. I still plan on going to the Birmingham Compassion Club Meeting coming up, I am looking forward to it.  : )
3. A user from this site, did PM me about the 1oz. of free meds per month in exchange for me signing him up as my CG, which then forfeits my right to grow. But currently 1 oz. of meds/monthly is better than 8g. of meds monthly, IMO. Or until the crotch pain and back pain reduce. 

Again, thanks for everyone looking out for me, I feel blessed to find a non-hatred place online, its rare these days.  :blow-a-heart:

I just want to thank everyone again for all their help. Some of you I recently PM-ed. Sorry I haven't checked everything daily, 

1. I'd like to grow, I live in a modular home with my wife, mother-in-law, 2.5yr old son. (How bad is the smell in a tent? Another obstacle is I need the room locked so my son cant access it., 3. My Mother-in-law is super anti-marijuana anything.) Again, I'd still like to grow at some point. 

2. I still plan on going to the Birmingham Compassion Club Meeting coming up, I am looking forward to it.  : )

3. A user from this site, did PM me about the 1oz. of free meds per month in exchange for me signing him up as my CG, which then forfeits my right to grow. But currently 1 oz. of meds/monthly is better than 8g. of meds monthly, IMO. Or until the crotch pain and back pain reduce. 

Again, thanks for everyone looking out for me, I feel blessed to find a non-hatred place online, its rare these days.  :blow-a-heart:

i go to the Birmingham Compassion Club Meeting all the time it's a great place to meet people i hope to see you there

​Growing Cannabis is not heard to do and there is a lot of great people at the meeting that you can ask to help 

3. My Mother-in-law is super anti-marijuana anything.) Again, I'd still like to grow at some point. 

for some reason this made me crack up. made me have visions of an ole lady with hair curlers always in her hair, walking around in a robe all day. complaining about marijuana.

growing is very therapeutic. always had a big grin on my face when i tended to the ladies.

very relaxing, smelling the wonderful odors, admiring nature in all of its beauty.

just thinking about it now has calmed me down. i was ready to post a thread about annoying things, now i realize i should let it go and get some sleep.

may your life be filled with peace and all of your dreams come true.

for some reason this made me crack up. made me have visions of an ole lady with hair curlers always in her hair, walking around in a robe all day. complaining about marijuana.

growing is very therapeutic. always had a big grin on my face when i tended to the ladies.

very relaxing, smelling the wonderful odors, admiring nature in all of its beauty.

just thinking about it now has calmed me down. i was ready to post a thread about annoying things, now i realize i should let it go and get some sleep.

may your life be filled with peace and all of your dreams come true.

Holly sheitttt...... You know her????????   That was too funny........

Good luck craigslistguy in all your endevours......