Do You Eat Buds Off Your Plants? Why Or Why Not?

The famous Hashish Club of Paris consumed hash in the form known to them as dawamesk (hashish, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pistachio, sugar, orange juice, butter and cantharides) , the last ingredient cantharides is known commonly as Spanish Fly ;) . I think before I say more I should think about posting or constructing a post about Hashish and its history ..

Respectfully,

PeacePipe

This beverage may liven up the holidays. It sounds spicy and refreshing w that OJ. Any insights you have about the recipe wld be appreciated. thanks!

• 5 months later...

some say, eat buds?  i don't have enuf.  

i say your grow should be of a size meet yourmedical use needs.  mine include a bud to lop off every day to follow the doctor's advice.  I have had 2 strokes and i hope to ward off a 3rd.  to that end i drink 8 oz of 100% pomegranate juice, which another dr says clears plaque from arteries. according to him, in israel they call pomegranate juice drano for human arteries.

• 1 month later...

As others have stated, THCa which has not been decarboxylated will have no psychoactive properties or effects on you - but I've also seen several discussions and articles suggesting that for patients who would like to reap the medicinal benefits of this plant without feeling the psychoactive effects (my Grandma comes to mind) this might be the route to go...Juicing would probably be the better option over just "eating buds" and I'm not sure about the validity of this - but it makes sense to me...

start saving your vaped mm and mix it with anything, you will get the bang for your buck, put it on salads, on top of your spagetti,etc, I have made alot of things with my vaped mm and it does your body and head good!

Peace

As others have stated, THCa which has not been decarboxylated will have no psychoactive properties or effects on you - but I've also seen several discussions and articles suggesting that for patients who would like to reap the medicinal benefits of this plant without feeling the psychoactive effects (my Grandma comes to mind) this might be the route to go...Juicing would probably be the better option over just "eating buds" and I'm not sure about the validity of this - but it makes sense to me...

Juicing is mostly done with only vegged mmj they dont put it into budd, they just juice the vegged mj for the medicinal parts of the plant and not the buzzy feeling, Its all good!

Peace

Juicing is mostly done with only vegged mmj they dont put it into budd, they just juice the vegged mj for the medicinal parts of the plant and not the buzzy feeling, Its all good!

Peace

So arguably all the 'health benefits' of marijuana come from the cannabinoids (just my understanding, could be wrong?) which our body doesn't utilize at all w.o decarbin' - whether we ingest it through eating or smoking or vaporizing ? So disregarding any psychoactive properties, are there any benefits to eating / juicing parts of the marijuana plant without decarboxylation?

(For some reason when I re-read this it sounds like I'm saying a fact, but this is definitely a question lol)

Edited by ayr0n

So arguably all the 'health benefits' of marijuana come from the cannabinoids (just my understanding, could be wrong?)

birds that eat hemp seed live longer. so its not just the thc/cbd cannabinoids...

, are there any benefits to eating / juicing parts of the marijuana plant without decarboxylation?

a long article here about juicing:

http://www.alternet.org/personal-health/juicing-raw-cannabis-miracle-health-cure-some-its-proponents-believe-it-be?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

the problem i think is most of the work done in research has been done on thc and cbd and not thca and cbda (found in juicing).

while you can point to thc and cbd rat and human studies, theres mostly only anecdotal data about juicing.

i say everything in moderation! but also, eating cannabis leaves is healthy so why not add it to your diet?

i've bought hemp seed oil and added that to my diet too.