Is It Nothing Over Card Limits (2.5 Oz Of Brownie) Or No Brownie Ever?

pic book

now they would rather do a surprise surprise, I guess you realy have to follow the boards to keep up with these coa and sc rulings, if they dont make it public (lara) we wouldnt even know that our cellar fulll of tinctures are not legal, or our brownies and cannabutter!

Peace

I can't believe they didn't address it in the bulletin, anytime the courts whittle away at our rights (or the rare instances where they restore them) it's always in the bulletin. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the MSP chose not to address the ruling?

I can't believe they didn't address it in the bulletin, anytime the courts whittle away at our rights (or the rare instances where they restore them) it's always in the bulletin. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the MSP chose not to address the ruling?

imo it's because they don't want people to know so they can get you in a court room and make $$$ off you

I'm kinda disgusted that many in our own community keep stating that medibles are illegal.  Please review this quote from the Carruthers ruling and stop saying that medibles are illegal!!

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of edibles; to the contrary, such use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory limitations, provided that the edible is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant,” rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from marijuana resin

Enough with the self-imposed restrictions.

I'm kinda disgusted that many in our own community keep stating that medibles are illegal.  Please review this quote from the Carruthers ruling and stop saying that medibles are illegal!!

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of edibles; to the contrary, such use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory limitations, provided that the edible is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant,” rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from marijuana resin

Enough with the self-imposed restrictions.

agreed

• 2 months later...

how did the truffle police even know he was in possession of the sweets ?

My husband has his card and just got slapped with a felony charge for possessing two truffles. They were made with ground leaves and flowers. How can we prove this? Do we really need to go through the whole process of dismissal through section 8?!

My husband has his card and just got slapped with a felony charge for possessing two truffles. They were made with ground leaves and flowers. How can we prove this? Do we really need to go through the whole process of dismissal through section 8?!

you might be able to do it with a secion4 dismissal.

you will soon find out that courts are not there for justice , they exist to put people in the prison system. in any way they can.

the judge will listen more to the prosecutor than your lawyer.

contrary to what you've heard, you are treated as if you were guilty until proven innocent in court.

the prosecutor already has the evidence he thinks he needs to win the case and throw your husband in jail. otherwise he wouldnt have brought charges.

i'm not telling this to you in order to scare you. i'm telling you this in order to prepare you for the scary court system.

i'm telling you this so you can get prepared. dont think this will just go away when the court "realizes their mistake".

i highly recommend that if you have time, you go and watch some other court cases. watch how your judge and prosecutors act in court. watch how defendants get railroaded into plea deals and prison sentences. its an eye opener.

It's up to them to prove that they weren't made with leaves and flowers.

We've been doing research and it doesn't seem that they can do any lab tests to tell if he truly made it with just leaves and flowers

If they wanted to (which they don't) they could melt the chocolate, pour it through a fine mesh strainer and retrieve the particulate matter (ground leaves and flowers). Unless their lab isn't that sophisticated.

I'm in the camp that believes that all this trouble about truffles is because there is no conversion factor for concentrates. The 'pieces of plant material' is just a misunderstanding in the community. It's about being able to have more than 2.5 ounces of usable hiding in your medibles.

Edited by Restorium2

Sorry, forgot to mention that he made the truffles himself so knows what's in them. I highly doubt that mecosta county has a sophisticated lab to test them. We figured that the truffles should have weighed about .5 ounces each so well below 2.5 ounces. They were not in the trunk - I know they should have been but that doesn't even seem to be the issue. Even if they were in the trunk they are still considering them "concentrated", therefore illegal.

Since this all started with him being at his buddies house shortly after a raid can you shed some light on what the raid was all about?

Yes, his stupid, stupid friend had marijuana shipped in the mail from Canada. My husband had nothing to do with it. He was just a friend that he worked with in the past. Merely the worst timing in the world.

BINGO

You are part of an international investigation. You were under the microscope probably even before the raid.