Do You Think Cops Are Trying To Ensnare People On This Forum?

are police posing as new patients on this forum?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are police posing as new patients , trying to trap members here?

• yes, absolutely!
    • no, thats just paranoia.

do you think police are posing as new patients and caregivers and looking to catch some members here for transferring mmj to non-patients?

it just seems like theres a lot of new patients , trying to find seeds, trying to find meds, trying to find help.

but theres a lot of justifiably cautious posters here who take offense to new patients asking for such things.

i really dont know the answer, i dont think anyone does. have to ask mr komorn or other lawyer if they had any case where a patient/cg was ensnared on a mmj forum. or file some FOIA to find out where the police are concentrating their efforts.

i hope everyone can be nicer to new patients.

i'm not asking anyone to do anything illegal or any act they are not comfortable with doing. just try not to call people liars and narcs on their first posts maybe?

they dont know the rules. they dont know all of the cases. they dont know about bob :). they dont know about oakland county. they dont know sen rick jones and AG bill schuette. they dont know about king/kolanek. mcqueen. carruthers. bylsma. ter beek.

Edited by t-pain

Always welcome new patients, correct them if they come in asking to do something illegal, but do so in a friendly way.  

The police that have come in undercover to try and snare me are generally pretty obvious.  Everyone in here talks about folks in ratty cloths but neatly trimmed fingernails and good teeth, about shined shoes/boots.  But the real tell is that they come in complaining of something they have no business asking for a card for.  One case that comes to mind is the one in Greenville that claimed he 'crushed' his finger between a trailer hitch and the trailer, yet the finger had no scarring or deformity- pretty obvious.  But the real key was that he didn't complain of pain in the finger, just numbness.  

There were other tells, but I don't want to go into them in public.  He was obviously a cop looking to get me to certify him without records for a non-qualifying condition.  

While I am very suspicious about folks coming in on their first or second post asking for oil and offering overages, they could well be exactly what they claim to be, patients that are truly ignorant of the law and really newbies.  Be nice, educate them.  Or they could be cops fishing for fools.  Don't bite, but still be nice.  These posts are the community to those outside the community that read them.  Like legislators and the press.  Represent it well.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

There was an article in the South Bend Tribune yesterday reporting a Harbor Springs man convicted of selling cannabis to an undercover Cassopolis police officer.

SW Michigan in general is not MMJ friendly. Cass County in particular is proactively pursuing prohibitionist policies.

The undercover officer had a valid MMJ card and solicited the sale via craigslist.

The unfortunate Harbor Springs fellow received felony probation with credit for one day served.

Apparently he had a prior conviction expunged so this felony will remain a permanent part of his public record.

Edited by outsideinthecold

do you think police are posing as new patients and caregivers and looking to catch some members here for transferring mmj to non-patients?

it just seems like theres a lot of new patients , trying to find seeds, trying to find meds, trying to find help.

but theres a lot of justifiably cautious posters here who take offense to new patients asking for such things.

i really dont know the answer, i dont think anyone does. have to ask mr komorn or other lawyer if they had any case where a patient/cg was ensnared on a mmj forum. or file some FOIA to find out where the police are concentrating their efforts.

i hope everyone can be nicer to new patients.

i'm not asking anyone to do anything illegal or any act they are not comfortable with doing. just try not to call people liars and narcs on their first posts maybe?

they dont know the rules. they dont know all of the cases. they dont know about bob :). they dont know about oakland county. they dont know sen rick jones and AG bill schuette. they dont know about king/kolanek. mcqueen. carruthers. bylsma. ter beek.

FOIA to find out where the police are concentrating their efforts? i am sorry but you can't think it would be that easy i tried to fine out how much $$ they spent on trying to prosecute us for almost 5 years it had to be a lot on money but i couldn't get it only the overall budget of all drug chargers 

assuming the story is credible, how unfortunate. An avoidable incident results in a permanent record. The simplest of rules are overlooked by these types. Selling to only the five patients listed on your card is a cornerstone of our Act, to prevent the cowboys from enterprising into a for profit scheme. The card holding cop is protected by law when purchasing cannabis . 

The more important issue might be the officers drug testing policies at work, and his ability to properly judge a situation before shooting someone. Maybe how he can purchase possess ammo and firearms with thc in his system, or if he lied on his application.  imo

There was an article in the South Bend Tribune yesterday reporting a Harbor Springs man convicted of selling cannabis to an undercover Cassopolis police officer.

SW Michigan in general is not MMJ friendly. Cass County in particular is proactively pursuing prohibitionist policies.

The undercover officer had a valid MMJ card and solicited the sale via craigslist.

The unfortunate Harbor Springs fellow received felony probation with credit for one day served.

Apparently he had a prior conviction expunged so this felony will remain a permanent part of his public record.

g) It shall be unlawful for any person—

(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))

to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce."

Seems to be a problem for medical marijuana users who want a CCW permit, too.

In order to legally possess marijuana for medical purposes, the user must obtain a special registration card for qualified patients, diagnosed by a physician with a debilitating medical condition. Thus, possession of such a registration card would preclude officers from possessing a firearm.  I think

When I was a newbie I had a hard time getting help with genetics, etc. Its a shame they make it impossible to get started growing legally. Can't order seeds thru the mail and can't trade or buy/sell with others... So it's impossible that everyone here abides by the law and hasn't either helped someone or received help in some way or broke the law and ordered seeds. Let's be realistic people...

Edited by 420 grower

It is absolutely possible to obtain legal genetics.  You just have to do it within the framework of the act.  

Start off with having a caregiver but retaining your own plants.  The caregiver can provide you with clones, meds, and training to learn to grow.  Then when you are ready, you drop the caregiver.  Patients helping patients at its best.

Money gets in the way.

Dr. Bob

I've never heard of a law abiding registered caregiver/patient being ensnared on a forum. This would take two things to happen, one would be a leo presence, but the other, most importantly, would be a person willing to operate outside the law. shame on BOTH.

that is so true, leo cant get mm from a law abiding c.g or pt, if leo winds up getting something from a pt or c.g in here, that pt or c.g is using the law to profit period!  Im sure all c.g's including me would love to get what we think our meds are worth from people, but sorry if you are not connected to me thru the registry its not happening, and I dont mean you being a pt w/o a c.g from any c.g it just is not legal and more than likely will never be!

If I was to be doing things that im not supposed to be doing, I would not tell some one else to do it, I would tell them the law and say it is best to follow it, I would never take any chances with a stranger, we had a guy in here bragging about his mm and how good it is, and how he can get this much and that much off of budtrader and craigs list! bawahahaha that is total foolishness, I dont know how people are getting away with all of the ilegal schtuff on craigs list? mj. prostituion and who knows what else, ive only heard about craigs list and budd trader, I have never opened either one of them, I have no interest in them kind of places!

Peace

No way man, we love you, really !  We were all in your shoes once right. is cool, stay cool. If anyone did think badly, they no longer do, thanks for the apology. I'm sorry too, for feeling iffy bout cha ! forgive me..?

Wow.... After reading this I feel like somewhat of an donkey after the way I joined a difference starred posting.
I truly hope no one on the forum thought this of me, however I would understand if you did.

My apologies.

It is absolutely possible to obtain legal genetics.  You just have to do it within the framework of the act.  

still the chicken and the egg problem. mich supreme court justice young brought this up in the oral arguments.

the first MMMA patient, where did he/she get seeds from?

your second suggestion also breaks unofficial marijuana growing rule #1.

never tell anyone you grow. getting a cg connected via the act, specifically gives that cg your addy.

still the chicken and the egg problem. mich supreme court justice young brought this up in the oral arguments.

the first MMMA patient, where did he/she get seeds from?

Obviously from under the couch cushions.

They have something in common with Easter eggs

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1981_471369969600603_1208920219_n.jpg

The rabbit came first. So now you know.

Edited by GregS

It is absolutely possible to obtain legal genetics. You just have to do it within the framework of the act.

Start off with having a caregiver but retaining your own plants. The caregiver can provide you with clones, meds, and training to learn to grow. Then when you are ready, you drop the caregiver. Patients helping patients at its best.

Money gets in the way.

Dr. Bob

It seems that the majority of CG's have little interest in being someone's CG where the patient retains the plants. Although I have heard of a few instances where a CG didn't have a proper location so they essentially worked from patients house. But can the CG 'legally' be in the garden at assigned patients house? overall many patients would be out of luck imo if they relied on this situation to obtain genetics because few CG would be agreeable to handing off plant count for any portion of the year.

Those are great points. I personally have done this for patients who wished to grow in the past. You're right though, I could not do it with all five at the same time.

When I have projected overages for any reasons I am able to "place my ads" specifically targeting patients in this predicament. It's a win win situation, as most of the new growing patients also do not have a supply of meds in the beginning. So a few month registration, enough for them to stock up on meds, obtain any number of new or established genetics, and even teens is possible. I rarely grow to my maximum, and normally 12-20 under, depending on demand. But when a new patient finds me and needs genetics I offer my library of hundreds to choose from, in seed form, or can start them even for the patient. If they wanted some of whats already growing an established clone is only a week away, and teens are always available in the perpetual system.

I think it's important for patients and caregivers to be honest with each other, and find common ground in their expectations. This will result in a long term successful relationship, or even a short term "huge help" to a new patient, or a great beginning for would be caregiver looking to help others.

peace out

It seems that the majority of CG's have little interest in being someone's CG where the patient retains the plants. Although I have heard of a few instances where a CG didn't have a proper location so they essentially worked from patients house. But can the CG 'legally' be in the garden at assigned patients house? overall many patients would be out of luck imo if they relied on this situation to obtain genetics because few CG would be agreeable to handing off plant count for any portion of the year.

Those are great points. I personally have done this for patients who wished to grow in the past. You're right though, I could not do it with all five at the same time.

When I have projected overages for any reasons I am able to "place my ads" specifically targeting patients in this predicament. It's a win win situation, as most of the new growing patients also do not have a supply of meds in the beginning. So a few month registration, enough for them to stock up on meds, obtain any number of new or established genetics, and even teens is possible. I rarely grow to my maximum, and normally 12-20 under, depending on demand. But when a new patient finds me and needs genetics I offer my library of hundreds to choose from, in seed form, or can start them even for the patient. If they wanted some of whats already growing an established clone is only a week away, and teens are always available in the perpetual system.

I think it's important for patients and caregivers to be honest with each other, and find common ground in their expectations. This will result in a long term successful relationship, or even a short term "huge help" to a new patient, or a great beginning for would be caregiver looking to help others.

peace out

Most folks want their own op.   We help them and then get out of the way.....and after reading too much of the cut and paste most of the folk i know are smart enough to get their own "book" and not associate with inflated egos...just sayin

folks don't get registered here if I know them, only met online, and most became friends by the time to move on.  some really cool girls and guys otherwise never met have come my way. 

whenever I climb, I'm followed by a dog named "ego"

Nietzsche

folks don't get registered here if I know them, only met online, and most became friends by the time to move on.  some really cool girls and guys otherwise never met have come my way. 

whenever I climb, I'm followed by a dog named "ego"

Nietzsche

Are you allergic to legal cardholders?  or registered to this website?  

"Time to Move On"      And Leave Us with This Mess?

Should of figured it was for the $$$$

You make me feel so cheap.

Craigslist?. Online??...no way    Good Meds dont need advertising...it is a trap

To the OP

No I believe leo frequents theses haunts for the same reason everyone else does...Pure Entertainment   

Edited by beourbud