C.a.p. Filed Bankruptcy

Found this while surfing the Interwebs:

C.A.P. products (R and M Supply) has filed for bankruptcy and thereby voided all of their Manufactures warranties. C.A.P retailers will be unable to honor warranties on any previously purchased C.A.P. products, Quantum ballasts, or Quantum Bad Boy T5 light fixtures.

Also:

Hydrofarm recently acquired certain R & M Supply product lines. We will continue to offer some of their brands, including the popular Digilux, MaxLume, C.A.P. and Quantum. Within these brands, many products will continue to be offered, but a number of specific items will be discontinued.

For pending business matters with R & M, please contact R & M directly. If you purchased an R & M product and have warranty questions, please contact the original place of purchase. Please note that as we are only continuing with specific products, warranty coverage will be limited to those items, under specific guidelines.

My personal opinion is no great loss here.  I own a fair number of C.A.P. products (ballasts, controllers, hoods) and haven't had any problems, that doesn't mean they made high-quality products.  Many grow shops stopped carrying their products over the last few years because of abnormally high failure rates and poor warranty response from C.A.P. 

My first digital ballast was a 600 watt Nextgen, and I have not been as lucky with failures as you. It has gone down 3 times since 2009. I will say that each time after mailing them the ballast, R&M quickly fixed/ or replaced it and got it back to me. As of now, I use it as a backup in case one of my others go down. Next time it goes bad, I guess I'll just have to use it as an anchor for the boat

I would agree with the original poster. Products were definitely "Econo" quality. They were however good for the market in that they would keep others from raising prices.

Curiously they were very good on customer service. Twice I have sent stuff back to them that was several years old. I had no paperwork, yet they paid shipping both ways and repaired the product.

I'm thrilled with all of my CAP equipment. I wish I could say the same for my Lumatek "2yr" ballasts, flickering POS purple boxes on the wall. I quickly replaced them with

Quantum1k's and run smooth. Even with yearly power outages, generator "quick fires" they are flawless, so far.

I actually retired my MH in veg and traded(up, I feel) for a couple Bad Boy T5's, and satisfied with performance, bulb costs, quiet flicker free operation.  I run mine 220 and they're a pleasure to be around, no buzzing or heat, good par.  My CAP c02, although less than a year old, was used to replace a more expensive unit and no issues with it so far. I have a  CAP atmosphere controller n flower runs c02, photocell for day/night options, runs 8 1k lights @ capacity, dehumidifier and exhausts, fans, etc. No issue since 08.  Some Fords run 400 thousand miles and some poop out at 90k I guess. I feel fortunate now hearing about bad experiences.

Hydrofarm bought them out.  I dont know if they still went bankrupt because of this.
http://hydrofarm.com/about-hydrofarm/randm-supply_announcement.php

Hydrofarm recently acquired certain R & M Supply product lines. We will continue to offer some of their brands, including the popular Digilux, MaxLume, C.A.P. and Quantum. Within these brands, many products will continue to be offered, but a number of specific items will be discontinued.

For pending business matters with R & M, please contact R & M directly. If you purchased an R & M product and have warranty questions, please contact the original place of purchase. Please note that as we are only continuing with specific products, warranty coverage will be limited to those items, under specific guidelines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...