Washington To Allow 200+ Pesticides On Medical Marijuana!

trichcycler

WA Liquor Board Says 200+ Pesticides Allowed On Marijuana

By Steve Elliott On November 15, 2013at 9:20 pm · 59 Comments

The Washington State Liquor Control Board, along with the Washington State Department of Agriculture, on Friday announced that more than 200 pesticides will be allowed for use in the production, processing and handling of marijuana sold through state-licensed stores.

If you were expecting pesticide-free pot from the state stores, so much for that idea… and don’t even think about asking for “organic” cannabis, as there certainly won’t be any of that.

Is it a coincidence that the WSLCB waited until the day after their “public input” meeting to announce that state-store marijuana will have all these pesticides in it? One can only imagine what the patients who spoke Thursday night would have had to say about that. Many of them have compromised immune systems, compromised liver function, or both — which makes it a really bad idea to ingest bug poison.

By the way, you’re not going to be allowed to grow your own, pesticide-free marijuana, because under I-502, no private home growing is allowed. And as the WSLCB told us again at Thursday night’s meeting, they’re recommending that the right to grow — which Washington patients have had for 15 years now – be taken away, as well. You see, it’s “inefficient,” they say, to have more than one place — you guessed it, THEM! — to buy your cannabis.

Never mind that plenty of patients won’t be able to afford state-store prices. Never mind that plenty of them don’t need to be ingesting pesticides. It’s time to make some phat pot profits, people!

With 25 percent taxes applied to cannabis at the growing, processing, and retail levels (yes, 75 percent tax), that marijuana, which could legally have had more than 200 pesticides used on it, will cost you pretty dearly. Estimates have run as low as $15 and as high as $50 a gram.

List of Acceptable Pesticides for Growing Marijuana under I-502
The rules governing the implementation of I-502 limit pesticides that may be used to produce recreational marijuana. The Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) and the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) recently produced the list of acceptable pesticide products.
Only authorized pesticide products may be used. Using an unauthorized pesticide is a public safety license violation and can result in the cancellation of a producer’s license (see WAC 314-55-520).
WAC 314-55-010(13) defines a pesticide as meaning, but is not limited to: (a) Any substance or mixture of substances intended to prevent, destroy, control, repel, or mitigate any insect, rodent, snail, slug, fungus, weed, and any other form of plant or animal life or virus, except virus on or in a living person or other animal which is normally considered to be a pest; (b) any substance or mixture of substances intended to be used as a plant regulator, defoliant, or desiccant; and © any spray adjuvant. Pesticides include substances commonly referred to as herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides.
Licensed producers can use pesticides registered by WSDA under chapter 15.58 RCW that are allowed for use in the production, processing, and handling of marijuana.
If a particular pesticide is not consistent with the allowable pesticide criteria WSDA uses for marijuana production, the applicator could unknowingly be in violation of Washington pesticide laws (RCW 15.58.150(2)© and WAC 16-228-1500(1)(b)). We recommend that pesticides from the OMRI list be cross-checked with the list of over 200 pesticides registered by WSDA that are allowable for use in marijuana production in PICOL.

WSU’s Database

A preliminary list of over 200 pesticides registered by WSDA under chapter 15.58 RCW that are allowed for use in the production, processing, and handling of marijuana can be found at Washington State University’s (WSU) PICOL (Pesticide Information Center Online) database at:

just a guess, but I bet this is NOT an answer to all of the growers with proper controls, and organic techniques?  but in fact, THE  answer to the remainder of the growers.

sad day in WA, shame on them, cash, cash, and cash

Makes you wonder... how much crap is in the Alcohol? Tobacco? ...

Eventually I guess we'll build a resistance to it... like the bugs... you think?

Wonder if Floramite and Azamax made the list? 

Have some cannabis with your Pesticides?

Good enough reason to buy home grown!  Like to think we don't use them but those that do usually only use 3 or 4... 

:growl:

thats scary

they are trying to force patients to purchase and stop growing their own after 15 years?

what a travesty.

i know the folks in Michigan would not stand for their leaders to remove our personal grow rights.

i sincerely hope the residents of Washington state get together and slam that plan quickly before it sets some kind of national precedence.

i know the folks in Michigan would not stand for their leaders to remove our personal grow rights.

i sincerely hope the residents of Washington state get together and slam that plan quickly before it sets some kind of national precedence.

Do you think the folks of MI are going to stop the Legislators from taking our grow rights away? We can try but they have their minds made up before they even hold their hearings most the time.. imo

They are going to do whats best for them and home grows don't benefit them at all.. grow it if you got it. cause imo we can't stop the inevitable.

Trix

:bong2:

tumblr_inline_mojviiPP441rn2vc5.gif

This is what it sounds like, a buzz kill article about the distribution of Genetically Modified ingredients that are in the bulk of the liquor industries products! …  

Corn is the largest component of global coarse grain trade (including corn, sorghum, barley, oats, rye, millet, and mixed grains), generally accounting for about two-thirds of the volume over the past decade. The United States is the world’s largest corn producer and currently exports about one-fifth of annual production. 

Bacillus thuringiensis, also known as Bt, is a naturally occurring soil bacterium. Bt bacteria produce proteins that stop specific target insects. “One of these proteins, produced from the gene Cry1Ab, targets corn borers. The tools of biotechnology were used to insert the Cry1Ab gene into Bt corn, providing a novel solution for protection of corn from corn borer attack”. Get that, “the tools”; that is what they think we are-“Tools”! … Fools that never see the game, let alone the cost of It…

tumblr_inline_mojvs36YyP1rn2vc5.jpgBuy Four Roses or Wild Turkey bourbon to avoid GMO corn. Nearly 90% of U.S. corn is modified, and they’re the only brands that don’t use it!

Bourbon gives us an interesting window into GMO grain, because the spirit must by definition be made with at least 51 percent corn. Consider the fact that 85 + percent of the corn grown in the U.S. is now genetically engineered, and you can guess why organic bourbon won’t be appearing in a liquor store near you any time soon.

The maker of Jack Daniels — which is, granted, not a bourbon, but a Tennessee whiskey made with 80 percent corn.  If you’re drinking anything made from corn in the US (all bourbon, some vodkas) you’re drinking genetically modified corn. Spirits from other crops as well…

If your rye whiskey was labelled as “from GMO-free rye”, the corn in the mashbill is still GMO-rich “Monsanto” corn! -! - ! - ! …

GM Wheat is responsible for much of the Gluten intolerance we see today. It is  the second most widely produced agricultural commodity in the world (on a per volume basis), right behind corn and ahead of rice. No one country dominates wheat production…. 

This is a heads up for all of my diet wise readers that know the corn sugars and the host of products made from GM grains, fruits, and other plants are destroying our health by design. 

It is good, across the board, Corporate Business to get and keep you presenting symptomatically, to increase profits. Big Pharma ties to Big Agra, the AMA, FDA, EPA, et al. work to this end. We feel we need a drink. What do we get? A good dose of allergic reactions, diabetes, cancer, neurological disorders, toxicity of the liver, and our bodies overall. 

Conclusion: They are making GM Free goods for export to countries that have banned or require labeling of GM/GMO ingredients. At the same time they advertise and sell with no transparency, liquor that they know is Slow Killing us all. 

Make your voice heard! Mankind has used brewing as a means of preservation and avoidance of contaminated waters for eons. They think we are so dumb that we will drink “Their” SWILL and not think about it! 

Get the GM Ingredients Out of The Liquor Industry here in the U.S. !   

Commentary by Otter Walks on Two Feet…   17th June, 2013

UPDATE: A cat’s curiosity got to me and I started searching different labels and asking for their status as regards GM ingredients… What I found was that they say on one hand that there is no “GMO” left after they have finished their processing. Yet, they still manufacture a GM/GMO free blend for export… (!)..

I would like to know how they can start with ingredients as small as genetic rDNA, rRNA, et al. and say that there is nothing left that is Gm contaminated when they have finished their brewing process? Even the multi-distilled and filtered systems employed would not remove genetic matter! 

Such DUPLICITOUS propaganda is getting harder to stomach! 

Think the corn is for ethanol and moonshine pretty much, although a couple brands have come out: Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace.  Hops [similar to cannabis, I hear] are for the brewskis, grapes for the vino... oh and of course the requisite? pesticides .... 

Corn whiskey

...maybe we should start dressing in suits and ties  during our protests?  these suits get their way much more often than us jeans/tye dye types I see.

I've heard suits joking (distastefully) about tye dye shirts causing cancer in marijuana users!  that opened my eyes quickly. Now the medical teams jumped on board, to treat our herb just like any other medicine, because WE INSISTED they do so.

Policy is available to the highest bidder, a system that has been defended by, and supported by our actions and inactions. Corporations have a duty to profit, and they see profit in the marijuana business. Our herb has found its way to Wall Street, not by mistake, but because we put it there.

We all have different reasons for being part of this, so its no surprise that money would be one of those reasons for some. Nobody would have known how much money selling grams at a time would make, until someone opened up an illegal supply chain. Some people called them activists, and even gave the criminals credit for bringing our herb home ! They only brought home their money, and a plea bargain, as their brand of "activism" was cashed in.

Do you think the folks of MI are going to stop the Legislators from taking our grow rights away? We can try but they have their minds made up before they even hold their hearings most the time.. imo

They are going to do whats best for them and home grows don't benefit them at all.. grow it if you got it. cause imo we can't stop the inevitable.

Trix

I just searched the entire list of pesticides in the Washing state list, and it seems to take a middle ground on what it allows.  It's mostly full of neem/azadirachtin, BT/BS, various plant oils, and pyrethrins, which are accepted by the vast majority of growers (cannabis and other food crops) as being safe - many are even considered organic.  The heavy hitting pesticides like Floramite, Avid, Eagle-20, etc. are not on the approved list.

tobacco use was also accepted as "safe" by billions of smoker for decades, boy were they wrong. Our country has strict rules concerning  pesticide applications on produce meant for human consumption. I disagree that the vast majority of growers accept ANY illegal pesticide applications on their cannabis, and know that when it comes time to choose, with an educated choice, patients will pass on EVERY grower using ANY spray on their produce.

Pesticides are used for Profits, they go hand in hand.

Natural controls are available to manage every pest indoors, and the choice to not use them is a financial one. This can be seen by the loud cry of defense towards the use of hot shots, pyreths, etc. Its louder now than the cry for pesticide free controls. Organic pesticides are not the answer, as fluoride, arsenic are also approved and considered safe for use too, albeit NOT for cannabis. Nothing is approved for that herb, except by the very growers who use them,,,,,hmmmm  fox guarding the hen house maybe.

Proper controls cost money. Growing medicine is not cheap. Subjecting patients to these illegal sprays is not widely acceptable as safe, but as malicious, to the educated growers I know.

post-35225-0-29342700-1385037430_thumb.gif

Edited by grassmatch

Trix

yes.

i absolutely do.

i have been to two or three events in Lansing and i am confident we have way more numbers than any group would think... when pulled together and processed towards a great leader with a good point.

i am sure that the misinformation strategy the "officials" continue to attempt to use to control this plant is failing rapidly and therefore it stands to reason the truth shall set the plant free...

eventually.

literally free.

to be grown, utilized and given as the soul desires.

I'm on your side all the way, But I truly see our grow rights being stripped for government grows. If we grow our own how can they make their money off this dangerous drug?

I'm all for fighting have been to a few events myself, I will continue to go to them.. but my gut feeling is eventually if your caught growing your own its trouble. that way the police get to keep busting "Illegal grows" and keep busting p2p sales like nothing changes accept we will be buying from dispensaries with monitored and tracked sales..

Maybe not this month or the next, but soon enough I fear.. Sorry for the pessimistic attitude, its just all the article's I read on a daily basis.. its making news here now and I really have zero faith that our legislators have the MM voters best interest at heart..

Trix

i used to feel that way too...

nowadays..

i am sure i would battle to the death on personal home growing.

i expect to loose the rights to grow for someone else.. but i will not surrender my own organic pesticide free cannabis grow without a fight. 

and they wont make us.

in the end we will win our own plant rights.

and there will still be plenty of marketplace for those who won't be able to grow their own.

it is not as easy as many make it out....

it's a whole lot of work..

it may be a labor of love but don't forget it is still a labor.

i used to feel that way too...

nowadays..

i am sure i would battle to the death on personal home growing.

i expect to loose the rights to grow for someone else.. but i will not surrender my own organic pesticide free cannabis grow without a fight. 

and they wont make us.

in the end we will win our own plant rights.

and there will still be plenty of marketplace for those who won't be able to grow their own.

it is not as easy as many make it out....

it's a whole lot of work..

it may be a labor of love but don't forget it is still a labor.

I wish i could feel the same as you but growing Cannabis if it does become illegal won't work out for anyone that gets caught doing so

I'm on your side all the way, But I truly see our grow rights being stripped for government grows. If we grow our own how can they make their money off this dangerous drug?

I'm all for fighting have been to a few events myself, I will continue to go to them.. but my gut feeling is eventually if your caught growing your own its trouble. that way the police get to keep busting "Illegal grows" and keep busting p2p sales like nothing changes accept we will be buying from dispensaries with monitored and tracked sales..

Maybe not this month or the next, but soon enough I fear.. Sorry for the pessimistic attitude, its just all the article's I read on a daily basis.. its making news here now and I really have zero faith that our legislators have the MM voters best interest at heart..

Trix

pessimistic attitude it is because we both have been scared so bad by the Courts me almost 5 years your over 2 years  and we know how bad things can go we both got luck and had a great

Lawyers