Help Please To Understand This!

Ok so, I have no regular doctor, I have no insurance, my card expired. I quit my grow because of this.

So a Doctor that I must see bonified,, won't recommend MMJ?

A chiropractor that specializes in natural remedies and does not believe in pills, CANT recommend MMJ in any form?

An MMJ Certifying Doc, wants records from a Doctor for a qualifying condition first, because they can't diagnose me?

What am I missing here? I know what I need, I know what works. So what am I supposed to do?

I need a chiro and/or pain meds. I don't want either!!!! I know what works for me, I am in my early 40's. I know my body!!!

So what exactly am I supposed to do now? 

This is bs! Don't even get me started in the FDA and what they have approved or not, either way, the product is like  russian roulette

So I have been to the ER twice in 2 different hospitals,,, in the last year. I don't have a physician. I have tried to get into seeing a new doc since I don't have one, they either are not accepting new patients, or they won't accept me because I don't have health insurance. So now what? 

Yes, this is bs! 

Someone please explain to me why the certifying Docs,, can't or won't be my regular docs,, why they won't be my bonified docs,, why they won't diagnose me, why they want "other" doctor records. If the law states that we must have a bonified doctor/patient relationship then I would assume the doc that certifies me,, would WANT to see me regularly???? 

So then what exactly is a certifying doc??? A Doc that only wants my records and a quick buck to certify me?????

What am I missing here??? Someone please explain to me wtf is going on??????/

it's the rules, designed to keep people without proper diagnosed conditions and medical records to back them up. It doesn't rally matter why these rules are in place, unless you're lobbying to change the rules. If you want to play, you gotta do it by the rules.

read below and follow the instructions for best results. these rules have functioned well for 99% of us so far. I trust they will work for you, even if you don't understand them.

see a physician, establish the  condition with  that physician that needs treatment. Do not mention medical marijuana. establish a relationship with a qualifying physician and mention medical marijuana, while giving him records of your established qualifying condition.

peace

it's the rules, designed to keep people without proper diagnosed conditions and medical records to back them up. It doesn't rally matter why these rules are in place, unless you're lobbying to change the rules. If you want to play, you gotta do it by the rules.

read below and follow the instructions for best results. these rules have functioned well for 99% of us so far. I trust they will work for you, even if you don't understand them.

I have over 10 years of past and current medical records, from a regular doctor I had in another state, to hospital records and chiropractor records in this state. But, after reading what I have read, my records are not good enough. So you are saying that I seek a new doc and establish MORE records,, I am asking WTF are the certifying Docs for then????? 

the certifying docs are the only ones that can accept your 100 dollars in exchange for recommending medical marijuana for you silly. that's what they are for, otherwise, who would take your money for the job?    O.o

(---)

I have over 10 years of past and current medical records, from a regular doctor I had in another state, to hospital records and chiropractor records in this state. But, after reading what I have read, my records are not good enough. So you are saying that I seek a new doc and establish MORE records,, I am asking WTF are the certifying Docs for then????? 

how many cert docs have turned you down when you brought in your 10+ years of records?

how many cert docs have turned you down when you brought in your 10+ years of records?

If you look at what exactly they want, then none of them will accept me, because I don't have a bonified relationship with a regular do, therefore, I can't get in to even seeing the cerifying docs,,

Which leads me back to my original question which no one has answered yet.

What is the point of a certifying doc?

10 years of records is not enough, they are specific in what they want! I can't provide what they want!

Edit: To say, most of them have turned me down, because most of them state I don't have the medical records that they require. 

Edited by kentuckyrain

sorry if my answer was upsetting.

my advice is for you to take your records and see a cert doctor.

call up and ask if the cert doctor does physical exams.

good cert docs will do a physical, review your records, and whatever else it says in the LARA guidelines to ensure a bonafied doc/patient relationship. then if your condition qualifies, they should give you a doc recomendation.

the physical costs $100 and the cert costs $100.

which part of the law or guidelines do you think is missing from your records or interaction with a cert doc ?

good cert docs will do a physical, review your records, and whatever else it says in the LARA guidelines to ensure a bonafied doc/patient relationship. then if your condition qualifies, they should give you a doc recomendation.

which part of the law or guidelines do you think is missing from your records or interaction with a cert doc ?

Ok, will do and ty for clarifying that!

Everything I have read, leads me to believe that I need a 3 month ongoing regular visit with a bonified doc,, which, technically I don't have, I have different docs for different reasons.

But I am gonna give it a try with my medical records and ER visits and see what happens,,,,  Oh, I do have regular visits with A Chiro though for ongoing pain, but I am assuming these records will not be recognized. 

So I have been to the ER twice in 2 different hospitals,,, in the last year. I don't have a physician. I have tried to get into seeing a new doc since I don't have one, they either are not accepting new patients, or they won't accept me because I don't have health insurance. So now what? 

Yes, this is bs! 

Someone please explain to me why the certifying Docs,, can't or won't be my regular docs,, why they won't be my bonified docs,, why they won't diagnose me, why they want "other" doctor records. If the law states that we must have a bonified doctor/patient relationship then I would assume the doc that certifies me,, would WANT to see me regularly???? 

So then what exactly is a certifying doc??? A Doc that only wants my records and a quick buck to certify me?????

What am I missing here??? Someone please explain to me wtf is going on??????/

if you are a qualifying pt, you will have medical records some where, the clinics that will cert you with records only need like 1 yr to 6 months worth that says you have the qualifying condition, if you dont have the records yet and you are qualifyed you best find a dr. even if it is at the county level if your poor, no records no card, look how many carded pt's there are in the state, we all went thru this, so im sure you can also, if you have no medical records I can only assume you are not qualified!

Peace

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your responses in helping me understand how this system works. I was a bit frustrated last month. My husband has a decent job and they provide health care to HIM, not me. I have researched the Obamcare care chit, and we can't afford their cheapest plans available to me, I don't qualify for any help from the state, etc. We don't have any children at home so no medicaid either, lol. 

It's all good, just hard to go to see a doc regularly when I can't afford to pay full cash price for an office visit, let alone any kinds of tests. If I could afford that, then I could afford Health Insurance. 

Anyhow, I have not given up just yet. I have not had any extra money to seek a doc, but I am in the process of trying to gather all my own records for myself, this alone has been a struggle since a lot of them are from another state and they don't want me to have them, they want to send them to my "new doc" which I don't actually have here in Michigan. 

Anyhow, thank u all for the comments and advice. 

why not take your chiropractor records to your mmj cert doc?

xrays + charts/notes is a good enough record from a chiropractor, i'd think.

I honestly did not think that these records would be considered. 

Technically none, I worded that wrong in my past posts. 

if you are a qualifying pt, you will have medical records some where, the clinics that will cert you with records only need like 1 yr to 6 months worth that says you have the qualifying condition, if you dont have the records yet and you are qualifyed you best find a dr. even if it is at the county level if your poor, no records no card, look how many carded pt's there are in the state, we all went thru this, so im sure you can also, if you have no medical records I can only assume you are not qualified!

Peace

I have quite a bit of records built up, but when looking at exactly what most clinics want,,, I don't have exactly what the want. 

what city are you in?

Traverse City area