Hello From The U.p.

jsack

Hi there I have been a member for a while and come here often to troll the pages to find answers, recipes, ideas etc... I thought it was time to say hello to all. We live in the far western part of the Yoop. Gogebic County. We are transplants from Wisconsin and have lived here for about 12 years or so. My hubby who suffers from epilepsy is a patient/caregiver. We went to work last November on really trying to find something to treat the seizures after he had one in the tree stand in front of our son it was just the last straw for me. I vowed to find some sort of relief for him. Big pharma meds did not help completely and frankly I feel they made him a different person not to mention all of the horrible side effects. This condition really takes over your life, employment was hard and he lost some jobs do to having seizures on the job site. He is a contractor. We racked up thousands in medical bills. Spent thousands on pills that we're horrible for him. Well we're happy to report that he has been seizure free for one year. Woot woot. This is without any big pharma meds. I just can't believe it. We have been making RSO, cooking with the meds to make edibles for him etc. Now I'm not recommending if you have this condition to completely stop your meds but you get my point here. So thank you to everyone who posts on here you may not know it but there are people out there reading and learning from you. Happy holidays from our family to yours!

Jsack

Have you seen the Seizure category, maybe you could share with others what works and doesn't work with preventing seizures in connection with his epilepsy?

It maybe a good starting ground for someone that is new looking for help down the road... :gym:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/forum/117-seizures/

Trix

:bong2:

Like ^^^^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there I have been a member for a while and come here often to troll the pages to find answers, recipes, ideas etc... I thought it was time to say hello to all. We live in the far western part of the Yoop. Gogebic County. We are transplants from Wisconsin and have lived here for about 12 years or so. My hubby who suffers from epilepsy is a patient/caregiver. We went to work last November on really trying to find something to treat the seizures after he had one in the tree stand in front of our son it was just the last straw for me. I vowed to find some sort of relief for him. Big pharma meds did not help completely and frankly I feel they made him a different person not to mention all of the horrible side effects. This condition really takes over your life, employment was hard and he lost some jobs do to having seizures on the job site. He is a contractor. We racked up thousands in medical bills. Spent thousands on pills that we're horrible for him. Well we're happy to report that he has been seizure free for one year. Woot woot. This is without any big pharma meds. I just can't believe it. We have been making RSO, cooking with the meds to make edibles for him etc. Now I'm not recommending if you have this condition to completely stop your meds but you get my point here. So thank you to everyone who posts on here you may not know it but there are people out there reading and learning from you. Happy holidays from our family to yours!

Jsack

Wow...what great success.  This really speaks to why medical marijuana MUST be legal world wide and why people should be reporting their results with using this magical plant in all forms.  I hope you've relayed your story to your doctor; we need mainstream medical professionals to endorse and encourage the use to cannabis to treat disease.  I'm so happy to "meet" you !