Dispensary Question

I admittedly have extremely limited experience with dispensaries. In fact I have only been in a couple and that was probably two or three years ago.

When I see them on TV or the web they look like this 18pot1_600.jpg

and they have large selections of herb, edibles, concentrates etc.

The ones I have been in look more like this20120227__Indispensary~p1.jpg

they have three of four strains of overpriced street schwag and maybe a few pipes.

My question is, are there any in Michigan that are really like the first picture?

Yeah, if you want to see the future of 4271 come to Ann Arbor and check one out. The ones I've been to look a lot like the first pic. Maybe not as big as Harborside but certainly as clean and comfortable. 20-30 strains on hand from some of Michigan's better growers plus, bubble, wax, shatter ect...

Ann Arbor has not been closed down. Much like cannabis is illegal in Amsterdam(yes it is, look it up)it is tolerated in some areas because the city council are smart enough to respect the will of the voter.

Come to A2 and check it out. While you're in town stop by one of our many independent restaurants for a bite to eat or perhaps do a bit of shopping, knowing you are in a community that does not look down on you for your choice in medicine.  

I have been in both types Will Bill.

My favorite one I almost missed due to such a discrete sign (bonus imo).

I walked in and it was a small waiting room with a locked door

and a tellers window on one wall.  A little setting area w/ magazines

and such.  I filled out a small form showed my creds, paid $1 membership

fee then the door was unlocked.  I walked down an empty hallway to another

door where the lock was tripped for me which entered into the most

opulant place .. just beautiful! Clean, well lit... a lovely carved wooden

bar, another setting area with televison, magazines etc.

They had great menu of medications, dried, medibles, oils, wax et al... man oh man! 

The staff was extremely knowledgable and friendly.  Meds nice and frosty (not keifed). 

I felt like a kid in a candy store and this was NOT my 1st. trip to a dispensary. 

After the COA ruled against p2p, they closed up.  Later I discovered who was

the $$ behind this place and that it was set up 'Colorado style'.

The mmj matched the pictures and discriptions I found online

as I am no connoisser, so I have to look, lol. This was in Lansing.

I checked out about 15 places including some farmers markets

and each time the feeling was surreal.  I can't afford to get meds

in this fashion, but it was indeed an experience I won't  soon forget.

I actually cried the 1st. time I shopped for meds this way...

yeah, I thought of my best friend who passed and how he

would have loved to have seen the day when... 

It is my opinion that anyone that didn't take advantage to check out at least 1

in the beginning missed out on something of a unique experience.

Yeah, if you want to see the future of 4271 come to Ann Arbor and check one out. The ones I've been to look a lot like the first pic. Maybe not as big as Harborside but certainly as clean and comfortable. 20-30 strains on hand from some of Michigan's better growers plus, bubble, wax, shatter ect...

Ann Arbor has not been closed down. Much like cannabis is illegal in Amsterdam(yes it is, look it up)it is tolerated in some areas because the city council are smart enough to respect the will of the voter.

Come to A2 and check it out. While you're in town stop by one of our many independent restaurants for a bite to eat or perhaps do a bit of shopping, knowing you are in a community that does not look down on you for your choice in medicine.  

I always have to hit the Fleetwood Diner.  Hippie Hash... :stuff:

• 1 month later...

That is pretty much what I saw too. (limited selection) But, I really only care about a few indica strains: Tahoe, SFV OG, Bubba Kush

Unfortunately, it's sort of a crapshoot when they'll have any of the above. Some of them have txt message services that will let you know when they get something new... then it's time to stock up.

I wish there were actual social-type clubs you could go to, because I'd feel better about myself if I could just buy it directly from whoever is growing it and such a place might allow me to meet them in person & get a feel for whether or not I'd like to do business with them.

Sure, dispensaries are invaluable, provide a needed service and I hope they stay in business.. but at the end of the day, I'd prefer to pay the grower directly.

So it seems like the decent ones are in Ann Arbor. One of my least favorite places on the planet. I've never been there without some kind of problems from LEO ranging from tickets to getting slapped around and threatened with arrest. I don't think I've been back there since 1976.

So it seems like the decent ones are in Ann Arbor. One of my least favorite places on the planet. I've never been there without some kind of problems from LEO ranging from tickets to getting slapped around and threatened with arrest. I don't think I've been back there since 1976.

Gaylord and Traverse City have several if you're up this way.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...