Urge To Meet You Two (Too)

urge to meet?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to meet with people from our online community forums?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe ?

i would like to add this disclaimer...

seriously..

anyone and everyone thats a member of our boards or a friend of a member...please add yourself to the list...

i have bad memory...

everyone should add themselves to our list :) and repaste it here so we can all make fun of each other in the months leading up to our "gathering"

what a great time we had last year... i am truly excited for the time..

i feel like this one will be bigger?  more people?

goodnight and have a great evening everyone... i hope your suffering is not overbearing tonight.

Edited by mibrains

good call hab

i actually had the most difficult time with English during high school...

i will say no more than two at once should approach me at any given time :)... but everyone should plan on attending rather they are in pairs or alone...

i would Love to meet everyone and "stoke the fire" amongst friends.

You know I'm just teasing.  I'm no better, as GM has pointed out in good form!

:)

edit: Just figured out my problem. My brain is tiny. http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/10/health/pot-and-your-brain/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

At least it's so tiny it's cute though.

Edited by Habenero

I'm in MiBrains, depending on the when but not the where.  I don't mind driving wherever.

I also can give some folks a ride.  I have a 4 door Chevy Pickup and can fit 6 (including myself) if necessary.  Ideally I'd max out at 4 for sake of comfort but if you don't mind being squeezed together I do have 6 seatbelts.

I am in Birmingham and am willing to pick people up on the way to wherever it is and if there are any who don't drive I could maybe go out of the way a bit.

However, no cigarette smoking in my vehicle.  Well no smoking of any kind really.  :)

Anyway, when a date is chosen I can get a better idea if it will work for me.

ok..

so admittedly i dropped the ball and missed a 2014 gathering.

does anyone have an interest in starting an annual type gathering?

or at the very least getting together.. a meet and greet? most likely in the spring? or next summer?  but i am open to suggestions? ?

do we want to meet each other face to face?

ya or na?

lets see if its worthy?

the count begins with me tonight officially

+1

who's in?

im in!

Peace

i would like to add this disclaimer...

seriously..

anyone and everyone thats a member of our boards or a friend of a member...please add yourself to the list...

i have bad memory...

everyone should add themselves to our list :) and repaste it here so we can all make fun of each other in the months leading up to our "gathering"

what a great time we had last year... i am truly excited for the time..

i feel like this one will be bigger?  more people?

goodnight and have a great evening everyone... i hope your suffering is not overbearing tonight.

Are we trying to have it in the same place as last time?  what awsome host's or are we trying to find another private property to accomodate campers and the sort, I most def would love to go and just stay  over nite,  The last place was awsome, and I thank the prop owner and the organizer, a super terrific job, I only wish I coulda stayed the nite, when I left I most def could have used a nap lmao!

I dont think I will ever forget that one, and I didnt get to meet even most of the people there, I kinda sat and giggled the whole day with the same crowd and it was fun lmao!

Peace

this will be very awesome....an exciting time for everyone who attends.

i don't know if the place we had last year would be available again...however my picnic table is still there so that much is ready already LOL

i am interested in all ideas and all options...

then we can vote as a community for the time and place that accommodates the most number of people who wish to attend.

Jim... you and i both know of some really good places around here... we could reserve primitive camping at "old saw mill point" on the AuSable River (Foot Pond)...

there are several areas we could easily reserve all 5 or 6 campsites and have the entire woods to ourselves..

i would love a camping experience for any who are interested...

i would love to be close enough to hotels for those who need it...

my county may just offer an answer to many of those accommodation requirements.

Iosco County... right on the knuckle of the pointer finger...

i am interested in everyones ideas about where and when we should have this..

once we begin to develop the idea and get a more solid idea of where and when i will happily take names for volunteers to help with different aspects of the gathering....with a team effort no one should be overburdened..

i am truly excited to meet so many of you folks...

many of you have touched my life over the past 5 years and i am excited to have an opportunity to meet those of you face to face that i have not met yet :)

John, you mean to tell me with your phenomenal packing skills you couldn't get just

one more table in that trailer?  LOL!  Just playing with you :)

spoken like a person who was definitely there :)

yeah... i tried.. it was just barley too much :)

i feel like the middle of July is probably cool...

after the 4th...but before things get hectic..

June-2015-Calendar-1.gif

July-2015-Calendar-1.gif

August-2015-Calendar-4.png

September-2015-Calendar-1.gif

this will be very awesome....an exciting time for everyone who attends.

i don't know if the place we had last year would be available again...however my picnic table is still there so that much is ready already LOL

i am interested in all ideas and all options...

then we can vote as a community for the time and place that accommodates the most number of people who wish to attend.

Jim... you and i both know of some really good places around here... we could reserve primitive camping at "old saw mill point" on the AuSable River (Foot Pond)...

there are several areas we could easily reserve all 5 or 6 campsites and have the entire woods to ourselves..

i would love a camping experience for any who are interested...

i would love to be close enough to hotels for those who need it...

my county may just offer an answer to many of those accommodation requirements.

Iosco County... right on the knuckle of the pointer finger...

i am interested in everyones ideas about where and when we should have this..

once we begin to develop the idea and get a more solid idea of where and when i will happily take names for volunteers to help with different aspects of the gathering....with a team effort no one should be overburdened..

i am truly excited to meet so many of you folks...

many of you have touched my life over the past 5 years and i am excited to have an opportunity to meet those of you face to face that i have not met yet :)

I love the idea of camping and being on the river, but Im thinking private property is the safest place for an mm get together, I have had my issues on national huron forrest camp sites,  than again ive had them just about every where,,,private property is the best for something like this in my opin!

our property isnt realy big enough, but im thinking we could make it work,  My nearest neighbor owns a private camp ground and it is directly behind my property, he also owns the property next door to me, I mow the lawn and I use it like it is mine, im thinking if we had enough people we may be able to use our property and his next door and maybe even the camp ground, no river and the pond back there is not swimable but I dont think we need the swimming,,,,,than again I do know of 3 free spots in the national forrest over near glennie and we didnt have any rangers come back there and check on us,,,there is a trail to walk to the river and it is kinda on a smaller high bank, we can bring chairs out there also and watch people go down the river, we can swim in the river, and we can tube to 4001 bridge from there, we would just need a truck waiting for us to take our tubes back, and we could walk or have a few vehicles to get us back to camp which is walkable for me, but may not be for others!  I can draw a map that would get people right to it, once you get to hale it is only about 30 miles away but only 2 turns and you are where the camp sites are, and did I day they are free!

Peace

Phaq,Glennie,isn't that by Sawyer AFB in da UP? It will take us 4 hrs to get to the bridge,the longest drive will be across the UP. But who cares? A weekend would be great.  COPPER HARBOR! Then we can drive to Brockaway Mountain and watch the sun go down! We haven't been up since my brother died,he was in Ironwood. But we did find some pretty cool places outside of Ironwood and over by Munising. Gotta stop at the Hilltop Restaurant and get some of those gigantic cinnamon buns that Micky Redmond is always talking about. There are lots of cabins in Copper Harbor,all pretty rustic. And never got hassled for puffage. Nobody gave a crap. Just don't get lost on one of the logging roads............................Love the BIG LAKE,even in the winter.

Why do we have to wait till summer? MB whats your neigborhood like? We were up there this summer. Greenville or something like that . On Lake H, close to Tawas. I bet a few of those places stay open in the winter for ice fishing and snowmobiles. Pretty easy to get to from all directions. And right across the road was State Forest land. US 23 ,I think. Cabins all over and not far from a big town.What do you say,MB and other members? Are us MICHIGANDERS AFRAID OF THE COLD AND SNOW? Are you all ready to pitch in food and money? I sure wish I never would have wasted 140 bucks on that crappy High Times rip off...............................And we don't mind the drive. Love the Thumb area. MB I will help you look. Good to take my mind off other demons. I am an experienced party planner,for real. Did my daughters wedding 3 years ago. And won't forget to put down a DEPOSIT.

Good idea! And everybody should know how to drive in the snow,it's Michigan! Does that State Forrest by you have any indoor facilities? I gotta tell ya,when my brother lived in Tawas,we would skate,and had a huge bonfire right on the beach. I don't think I can skate anymore... I can FALL pretty well though. I bet that area will be full of guys ice fishing and snowmobiling. It's not like we want some" in your face mmj " thing. We just want a get together where people are discreet and not drunk. I have a list of all the resorts out there Got a feeling it's going to be a long winter.................... GO WINGS

• 6 months later...

ok so i fizzled out on this idea last fall...

my apologies to everyone interested.

my grow room got destroyed in December and again in April.

now things are pretty much back on track and the Octopots are kicking asterisks :) i am going to pursue this event once again.

it has been mentioned in another thread that we could combine this event with some type of a growers sale of used and new grow equipment and supplies.

i love this idea...

a weekend swap meet / visitation event.