Power Outage!

We lost power midnight Saturday therefor my 6 little clones I purchased the Saturday prior have been without a grow light since then. I brought them into the other room that has a large window so they could at least get natural light during the daytime. However, with the generator I could only maintain the temperature of these house 58 to 65 degrees. Last night some relative's power was restored and because I was running out of money had to shut the generator down, drain the lines and jump ship. When I checked on the house this afternoon the temperature was 48 degrees. Our expected restoration date is not until this Sunday the 29th. Are these plants a total loss?

Doesn't sound promising, The natural sunlight this time of year isn't enough least I would think so.. never know Marijuana can be surprisingly resilient plants.

All that darkness and stress, hermies', and yield would be effected I would think? Not a professional but I would be sad if I was in your spot..

Sorry bout your situation I can assure you others are in your same boat or have been in the past..

Trix
:bong2:

This is my first attempt. I was soooo excited to have these clones after the fiasco of having mail ordered seeds confiscated, then not being able to find genetics for the longest time. It just seems to be one issue after another. It's not like I can just bring them along with me to the relatives like a houseplant! I employed some tactics used to grow vegetables in the northern snow, in the hopes of limping them along until the power is restored. My guess is though this is not like growing lettuce or carrots in January', where the harvest doesn't get as big, but the crop is more tasty!

Thank you Wild Bill I will try that. I had just transplanted them from solo cups (that's what they came in) to nice large pots with pro mix solid the day prior. All roots looked good and healthy but two of the plants had leaves that began to yellow just before transplanting. Not sure if that was because I waited too long to transplant (a week) or if there was a nutrient deficiency. Like I said this is my first go-around.

cannabis is hardy to 35 degrees i believe, depends on the strain but you'll be fine temperature wise. the plants will slow down growth until they warm back up, of course.

no idea about light situation, maybe buy one of those battery operated lights  (like you put in a closet and press it on/off) and just slap it next to the plants to keep them in veg 24/7. the sunlight right now is barely 12 hours, might cause flowering.  

yellowing leaves are fine if they are old fan leaves. if the new leaves are yellow its definitely a nute lock.  

If it's the bottom leaves turning yellow that's a good sign. That generally means that they are expending energy growing roots.

Some kind of dome might help too. Cut the bottoms off 2 liter bottles or just use clear plastic bags.

This might help too.   Prime  Fluorescent Utility Light With Battery

Edited by Wild Bill

temps are very important for the formation of new clonal roots.  Luckily you are past the rooting stage, a dim all day and night light will keep them alive, if they're warm.

One cfl bulb will run for a long time on a computer battery back up, and led lights use very little power.  good luck, I hate to hear of the little girls suffering the weather.

peace

I would have sent my family to the relatives and kept that generator going!  Id move my lazy boy in with the clones and stay warm in there lol!  but realy I dont understand when people say their generators are making them broke? mine runs for over 20 hrs on 3.5 gallons of gas, so 14 gallons would be over 4 days, my car dont get that good of gas mileage!

when you buy a generator you dont buy for the price, mine is a 3500/4000 max a honda and it cost 1900 bucks when I got it, I can go to home depot and buy 4 6500 generators for that price they gulp down the gas they are loud as all heck and they break down, its like anything else you get what you pay for!  I can put my generator under my bedroom window in my camper and not hear it, when we are out side at nite we can hear others along way away from us and not hear our own, I can pretty much run mine in any park w/o electric that have rules to shut off all generators at 11pm becuase you cant hear mine!

Best of luck to you!

I hope the rest of the holidays get way better for you!

Peace

This was a borrowed generator, it wasn't mine and it was fairly old. Running it from Saturday until Tuesday night cost me $140. I might have been able to hang on longer but for some stupid reason our milleage checks from my employer were not sent to our office Monday as usual ( in fact they still aren't there today) and thats a chunk of change! In February I should be in a position to buy my own generator (fingers crossed). Also, I still have a little one at home and had to think of safety, my older boy ( the 20 y/o I'm growing for) lives on his own. Years ago we had power go out for many days and had issues with someone stealing our generator that we had and also trying to force their way into houses.

Of course it was only 6 plants too and as you can see they weren't that old. I'll just have to cut my losses and start over. Than goodness I didn't have like 24 of them or they were further along!

This was a borrowed generator, it wasn't mine and it was fairly old. Running it from Saturday until Tuesday night cost me $140. I might have been able to hang on longer but for some stupid reason our milleage checks from my employer were not sent to our office Monday as usual ( in fact they still aren't there today) and thats a chunk of change! In February I should be in a position to buy my own generator (fingers crossed). Also, I still have a little one at home and had to think of safety, my older boy ( the 20 y/o I'm growing for) lives on his own. Years ago we had power go out for many days and had issues with someone stealing our generator that we had and also trying to force their way into houses.

Of course it was only 6 plants too and as you can see they weren't that old. I'll just have to cut my losses and start over. Than goodness I didn't have like 24 of them or they were further along!

No need to explain 140 for 4 nites says it all, sorry about assuming!

Yea no doubt about only being 6 clones and not a whole room full, I realy feel bad for all of you folks living south of me losing your power like you did, man Im so glad we didnt get it that bad, we have alot of snow but none of it was wet here, not to much snow on trees and no trees on downed power lines, Ive got my generator set to go if need be, im sure I can keep my grow going, im hoping to keep my fridge and freezer going also and my sump pump, I couldnt leave if I wanted to, but we have a wood burner ready to go also, we dont use it but it can be going before this house cools down!

peace

How long should I keep them in 24/7 light. I did have them on an 18/6 schedule. Is it 24/7 from here on out? I have to say within a few hours of putting them back under the light and adding some Age Old Grow liquid furtalizer to a watering, they look the best they have looked since we brought them home!

It will be nothing short of a miracle if these plants produce anything at all lol! I didn't realize I was supposed to plant them immediately after bringing them home and it took a solid week to get them out of their solo cups, my son and I disagreed on how much water and I believe they were actually under watered for over a week, then the power outage, limited heat for 4 days, no heat for 3 days and only natural light for 7 days............ugh!