Shiawassee P A Wants To Plea Bargain

Just got off phone with my attorney Matt Able. They want me to plea for a misdemeanor. Just so they can say I'm guilty of something.

Dont figure I was guilty of anything. They just dont want to say they were wrong. I will Plea with these guys when bats start flying out my @ss. Trial date set for Feb. 17 35th circuit court corunna mi

Edited by Kingpinn

Whats the original charge?  why couldn't you file a motion to dismiss? did you have a MM card? Cert? 

He had a card and was growing a legal number of plants in a dog kennel, which was locked and also guarded with either cameras or motion detectors.  LEO and the PA didn't like that there was no top to the kennel and that it was not anchored to the ground. The case was dismissed in circuit court; the judge said that Larry was his own security system.  PA appealed it.  The case got sent back to circuit court for a section 8.  It really is time for all of this to stop.  I don't know what kind of plea the PA would ask for.  What did Larry do wrong?

flower yeah kingpinn! they want to plea because they are scared shitless! 

think they'll drop the charges first day of trial? if they do ask the judge to dismiss with prejudice and pay for damages/lawyer fees.

you won in the supreme court and they are still being dicks!

Just got off phone with my attorney Matt Able. They want me to plea for a misdemeanor. Just so they can say I'm guilty of something.

Dont figure I was guilty of anything. They just dont want to say they were wrong. I will Plea with these guys when bats start flying out my @ss. Trial date set for Feb. 17 35th circuit court corunna mi

you are the one that needs to make the final decision, of course if mr. able is saying take it, you also need to consider that, I highly doubt he is saying take it though,,,you are the one who has to deal with the consiquences if any!

I wish you the best and hope you clear your name and finaly can put this behind you!

Peace

Jim

Right on Larry. Tell them to suck eggs. Thanks again for standing your ground. Everything you've done is heroic.

What can happen if you don't plead? Will they give you dirty looks? Does anyone really think the court will want to fuk with a trial? Now THAT would be fun.

You have them right where you want them.

Edited by GregS

Right on Larry. Tell them to suck eggs. Thanks again for standing your ground. Everything you've done is heroic.

What can happen if you don't? Will they give you dirty looks? Does anyone really think the court will want to fuk with a trial? Now THAT would be fun.

You have them right where you want them.

Trial ? never going to happen IMHO there has not been one case  yet that someone has been able to  say the words Medical Marihuana in front of a jury and he has already had his Sec 8 hearing 

it would only go back to the C.O.A and for him another 2 years of fighting it's a great thing Matt is doing for FREE (Thank you Matt ) and thats one of the things that played a big part in our case we just felt it wasn't fair to make our Lawyers work for FREE any longer when they could be helping others that need them more

They would have done it and i believe they would have we just didn't get much support from some of the members here as Mr. King knows 

I take the blame for some of it as i was Green about how things work in a court room i thought as long as the truth could come out we where going to win 

And nothing from the truth will come out in a Court room thats where most people make their mistake and the only way to find  out is to go to as many cases you can 

Trial ? never going to happen IMHO there has not been one case  yet that someone has been able to  say the words Medical Marihuana in front of a jury and he has already had his Sec 8 hearing 

it would only go back to the C.O.A and for him another 2 years of fighting it's a great thing Matt is doing for FREE (Thank you Matt ) and thats one of the things that played a big part in our case we just felt it wasn't fair to make our Lawyers work for FREE any longer when they could be helping others that need them more

They would have done it and i believe they would have we just didn't get much support from some of the members here as Mr. King knows 

I take the blame for some of it as i was Green about how things work in a court room i thought as long as the truth could come out we where going to win 

And nothing from the truth will come out in a Court room thats where most people make their mistake and the only way to find  out is to go to as many cases you can 

Knock it off Bob. It's Larry's turn to shine. We all know you backed down, Trying to justify that only makes it worse.

Worse?

F you Greg.

Bob decided it was the best thing for him and his family.

Shame on you for giving him flack over it.

---

Worse?

F you Greg.

Bob decided it was the best thing for him and his family.

Shame on you for giving him flack over it.

---

Good luck Mr. King.  I hope it goes well.

Well excuse the hell outa me. This is not about Redden, but about King. Larry does not whimper and whine, has taken it hard in the chops, and that is to be admired.  I won't let some milquetoast get in the way of that.

Good luck Mr. King.  I hope it goes well.

the CoA says staying near sec4 limits wont help you in a sec8 case.

but the CoA says a lot of things...

Yeah. We have names for what they say.

The prosecutor has its back to the wall with no way out, and Larry has the club in hand to keep them right there. They know this.

I got riled up a few months back and called the Shiawassee County PA's office and asked them why they were still pressing forward with charges against Mr. King, considering he was within his limits and that the only dispute of fact was whether his grow was "secure enough" and why could they not just back off??  I talked to a female assistant PA who wasn't very sympathetic.  I reminded her that her boss, the county PA Randy Colbry, was involved in a drunk driving accident in the middle of the day while on gov payroll.  So how is it that Randy will not just " 'fess up" to his crime and do his time, yet he wants to drag a broken-down old man through the system (Sorry Larry - don't mean to say you're washed-up, but you certainly are not the picture of health and so I'd hope our elected officials would take that into consideration.)  She replied (more or less) "Mr. Colbry's and Mr. King's situations are two different matters."  And so I asked her...."personally, what would you rather have....a disabled old guy growing 12 MJ plants in a dog kennel or an elected official who thinks it is OK to toss back a few martinis at lunch and then hop in his car?"  She hung up on me.  If I were a voter in this county, I'd really be rattling some cages.  But because I'm a resident of an adjacent county, my opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight.

What we need is for residents of Shiawassee County to call the PA's office and make it clear that they are opposed to this on-going tragedy of dragging Mr. King through the system.  The upheaval needs to come from the relevant voters.  I'm in Genesee County, and my neighbors in Shiawassee County don't care what I think.  So.....Shiawassee folks...step up to the plate and tell your ELECTED people that they are off-base.  I'm not a voter in that area, so they won't listen to me.  The corrupt powers need to hear from local voters.

right on highlander, did not know that about the prosecutor there. crazy.

Read this and then do more google research if you feel you didn't get the full story.

http://www.argus-press.com/news/community/shiawassee_area/article_2f778e88-ecdd-11df-90b7-001cc4c03286.html

So let's be clear.  Larry King was growing up to 12 plants in a dog kennel.  The local PA decided that this enclosure wasn't good/secure enough.  So Larry got charged with (I believe) a 4-year delivery felony, without any evidence that he was transferring MJ to anyone.....simply charged because his grow wasn't secure enough to keep the local alcoholic PA happy.....yet an officer on the scene asked Larry for the key to unlock the grow kennel....just after she said she could jump the (six-foot) fence.  So jump the F'ing fence Biotch!!  Sounds like a secure grow to me.....why did you ask for a key??

Personally, I think that the residents of Shiawassee County are fools.   If the PA in my county got involved in a drunk driving accident and LEFT THE SCENE, I'd be rattling every cage necessary to get the guy out of a public position and behind bars.  Yet, somehow, Randy was able to get drunk, cause an accident, flee from the accident, and somehow come back to his welfare job (yes he is on welfare  because he collects a gov check) and continue his prosecution/persecution of a MMJ patient who was careful to stay within his limits.  So I don't care if you are in support of or opposed to MMJ, but if your PA gets drunk and causes an accident and then flees the scene, then you as a citizen should see it as your responsibility to take some effort to force him out of office and QUIT PAYING HIM WITH OUR TAXES!!

I just don't know how the residents of Shiawassee County are not only clueless as to the antics of their PA, but they continue to pay the guy!!  I mean, all this MMJ stuff aside, if your county PA got drunk and caused a traffic accident, how can you justify continuing to pay him?  And sorry for this disorganized rant....but do you people in Shiawassee County realize that you continue to pay your head prosecutor even though he is a drunk driver?  How could you people not revolt and toss him out in a puddle of his own shame?  Every resident of Shiawasse County should feel a little shame if they didn't stand up and demand that this fool lose his job and his gov. paycheck.  Wake up Shiawassee people!!  You are paying a drunk driver to be your top-cop!  Shame on you!

sickening.