On The Agenda ? ? ?

mibrains

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2013-2014/committeebillrecord/senate/htm/2013-SCBR-GO__.htm

HB   4271
Referred 1/8/2014 Callton Controlled substances; marihuana; state and local regulation of marihuana provisioning centers; provide for.

HB   5104
Referred 1/8/2014 Kowall Health; medical marihuana; marihuana infused products; allow.

:money: 

who's watching whom :) :abe:

:watching:

I understand that you and many others in the medical marijuana community are concerned about protecting the autonomy of home growers, worrying that vertical integration (dispensaries controlling marijuana production from seed to sale) will put caregivers at a competitive disadvantage. My colleagues and I will continue to work during the committee process to ensure that the bill is narrowly written and does not impair the constitutionally protected role of caregivers. Nothing in the current bill would prevent caregivers from growing marijuana as they do now, nor would it force patients to buy from dispensaries. If, as you fear, dispensaries raise prices to unaffordable levels, then customers will go elsewhere. If caregivers are producing better marijuana at better prices, they will be able to compete with dispensaries for patients. Patients will have more options, not fewer.

Irwin(D)

no offense to irwin, but his assurances dont sway me much.

Government Operations Committee

Committee Members:
Randy Richardville ® Committee Chair, 17th District
Dave Hildenbrand ® Majority Vice Chair, 29th District
Arlan B Meekhof ® 30th District
Gretchen Whitmer (D) Minority Vice Chair, 23rd District
Tupac A Hunter (D) 5th District

how many people upset richardville last go around? ...

Edited by t-pain

Any News on this

Not sure this is news but it was to me. Somehow when the bills landed in the senate, they didn't end up in the Judiciary committee chaired by rick Jones but instead went to the government operations committee chaired by randy richardville.

Not sure that's a lot better than Jones but it's gotta be a little better I would think.

Not sure this is news but it was to me. Somehow when the bills landed in the senate, they didn't end up in the Judiciary committee chaired by rick Jones but instead went to the government operations committee chaired by randy richardville.

Not sure that's a lot better than Jones but it's gotta be a little better I would think.

Richardville: Re-Do Marijuana Vote

Richardville also adds his name to the list of those who want a re-do vote on the 2008 medical marijuana law passed by the public.

"I wouldn't have a problem with that," he said after MIRS reported that Sen. Rick JONES (R-Grand Ledge) was looking at going down the road of putting the law back on the ballot (See "Should Voters Get Another Hit Of Medical Marijuana?" 8/31/12).

The Majority Leader's endorsement is based on his contention that the voters did not embrace what has happened with the law.

"I don't think the intent of the people was actually voted on," he said, adding that the law has been misused from its original intention of helping those in pain. Instead he worries that weed has become more "easily accessible" and is now filtering down into the communities with an impact on the schools and crime and young citizens.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/41109-know-your-enemy-richardville-randy-r-monroe/

Just wondering if this would not blow up in these blowhards face , do ya think ?

Richardville: Re-Do Marijuana Vote

Richardville also adds his name to the list of those who want a re-do vote on the 2008 medical marijuana law passed by the public.

"I wouldn't have a problem with that," he said after MIRS reported that Sen. Rick JONES (R-Grand Ledge) was looking at going down the road of putting the law back on the ballot (See "Should Voters Get Another Hit Of Medical Marijuana?" 8/31/12).

The Majority Leader's endorsement is based on his contention that the voters did not embrace what has happened with the law.

"I don't think the intent of the people was actually voted on," he said, adding that the law has been misused from its original intention of helping those in pain. Instead he worries that weed has become more "easily accessible" and is now filtering down into the communities with an impact on the schools and crime and young citizens.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/41109-know-your-enemy-richardville-randy-r-monroe/