Harvesting Help...

jimmiej48

My og kush is setting on the 60 day mark and think they need more time.. should I be stopping my nutes on the plant before I crop her? The top half of the plant is looking pretty done but the bottom half looks like she needs acouple weeks.. so I will be cutting her in half basically and letting the bottom get more done...but I'm not sure if stopping my nute is going to hurt me on things.. really could use a lot of help on this crop as its my first and wish for this to be right....

Yes start the flushing process now I usually start in the 2nd to last week of flower you can harvest the top half of the plant and drop the lights to reach the remaining lower part of the plants canopy but myself I just take it to my desired 80 - 20 cloudy- amber trichomes then cut her down .

The most important part of growing is don't overthink it and don't stress out its a natural thing that will reward you greatly enjoy.

My og kush is setting on the 60 day mark and think they need more time.. should I be stopping my nutes on the plant before I crop her? The top half of the plant is looking pretty done but the bottom half looks like she needs acouple weeks.. so I will be cutting her in half basically and letting the bottom get more done...but I'm not sure if stopping my nute is going to hurt me on things.. really could use a lot of help on this crop as its my first and wish for this to be right....

You are on 60 days and still forcing nutes down her throat ? ? ?   LOL    Get ready for some good ole "Rice Krispy" style smoke......    LMAO    SNAP    CRACKLE    POP ! ! !    If ya gonna force it in them, ya gotta make sure you give them enough time to flush that stuff back out, else ya gonna taste nothing but the nutes....   :)

Personally, I prefer Organic Growing, both indoor and out.  Ya never gotta worry about "funky flavors" when the worst thing ya put in is still all natural...  :)  

But good luck with it anyways...

On the king's note here, definately go by trichomes as your most reliable harvesting method. You can harvest in sections as you wish, but - at least with horizontal lights - I always found that the bottom actually matured first. If it were me I'd just wait for the trichomes on the top to look the business, then chop the whole plant down.

For an OG I'd wait to 65-75 then chop the whole thing down. I rarely chop anything at 60 days these days, save for a really fast growing indica like G13 or something like that. I do run CO2.

It's up to you, I don't know if you are caregiving for others but mine tend to like their plants "well done". Others claim their patients like it best at 20% amber / 80% clear. I always get the best reviews from 50 or even 80% amber (or thereabouts). From my indica's, anyway.

Great strain choice!

Ok here is the scoop.... I do use a side hood for lower lighting. 2nd I'm all organic as far as soil and nutes. So I should flush my plant what a week or 2 before I chop her?

Yes if you don't you will get chemical tasting bud and yes ive seen poorly flushed medicine spark and snap 2 weeks prior to harvest for me has been plenty of time to rid my girls of the nutrients.

yes, stop the nutes, water only. after the flowers have grown, the plant doesnt need anything else anyway.

as for the bottom half, i havent done that. if the leaves are going yellow and you want to grow it for 3 weeks, then i'd say nute it.

the longer you go with water only, you might notice the fan leaves turning yellow quicker, depending on your soil conditions.

this is normal. remember to keep the air flow dry humidity wise in the last weeks of flower. noone likes budrot.

there may also be rules about watering it less the last week or last few days, but i dont know about that. check a book or advice here.

When all my trichs are cloudy I stop tea. Within a week or two they are cut. keep in mind though there are roughly 20  worms still working the 1 gallon bag of worm recycled dirt. My run off at harvest was 500 the last time I checked.

I've tea'd them to the day of harvest and can definitely taste the difference. Its a positive experience to me, earthy, thick, but feel better if I try to replicate the outdoors as closely as I can. less light(they get moved to lower light areas), cooler temps(close to the cooling source) and less food in their end days. The last day of life they're in total darkness with no water.

When do you stop feeding tea, grassmatch?