*affirmative Defense Question*

Ltdan313

I have a documented history of having scoliosis and a protruding lower spine. Ive only been to my old Cannabis doctor twice. I have been uninsured for the last 2 years and thus unable to visit any doctor regularly. Im going to have to try to locate my medical records that for sure.

Good luck with the medical records it took  a court order to get mine 

MCL 750.474 (so called illegal transport) does not apply to the medical use of marijuana as found in MCL 333.26421 - MCL 333.26430 (the MMMA).

because it is inconsistent with MCL 333.26423 (f) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana

also MCL 750.474 is inconsistent with MCL 333.26428 (a) (3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana

MCL 333.26427 (e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

none of this is legal advice of course.

Edited by t-pain

MCL 750.474 (so called illegal transport) does not apply to the medical use of marijuana as found in MCL 333.26421 - MCL 333.26430 (the MMMA).

because it is inconsistent with MCL 333.26423 (f) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana

also MCL 750.474 is inconsistent with MCL 333.26428 (a) (3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana

MCL 333.26427 (e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

none of this is legal advice of course.

Which means that Ltdan will have to decide if walking away with a $200 fine and a misdemeanor with no jail time is any better than mounting an appeal that could have real legs and cost tens of thousands of dollars, ridiculous amounts of time, and grief.

Edited by GregS

Good luck with the medical records it took  a court order to get mine

Why bob? I went thru 8 yrs of trying to get ssdi, I have them 8 yrs worth and I have every record since, they are my records they have to give them to me,(the dr.s office I mean) they may want to charge me so much a page, but ive never been charged, next month when I go to my dr, I will tell the office manager, and she will either have them ready when I leave or mail them to me! I can go to any dr with over 12 yrs of medical records in a 1/2 hr, I never did not get a copy of my records for my own record keeping!

Peace

I have a documented history of having scoliosis and a protruding lower spine. Ive only been to my old Cannabis doctor twice. I have been uninsured for the last 2 years and thus unable to visit any doctor regularly. Im going to have to try to locate my medical records that for sure.

Hurry up and sign up for obama care, every one can get cheap ins right?

Peace

Hurry up and sign up for obama care, every one can get cheap ins right?

Peace

Cheap insurance, that covered nothing, was a major problem that ObamaCare fixes. It wasn't even really insurance. The insurance companies found out that people were not being able to afford a 'real' policy so they sold some terrible policies that gave folks a false sense of security. Bad insurance company. Repeat that a bunch of times Jim. Bad insurance companies. They are the problem that the Pres stuck his neck out for you to fix.

For example, what if someone had seen a Dr for a recomendation 3 weeks prior to being arrested? How would there be a bonafide relationship?

It almost sounds to me that, going to an experienced mmj Dr. and asking on the first visit, "would cannabis be a good option to me?" ... Three weeks later, going back to the Dr and asking, "are you sure it would benefit me useing Mmj?" And then finally, say four weeks later, go back to him and ask them the same thing and then receive a rec for the use of mmj wouldn't help if you get arrested because there is no time to establish a bonified dr/pt relationship unless they count the 3 trips to the same Dr as "bonified"

3 trips to the same dr. in a month or 6 wks or less should be considered a bonafide pt/dr relationship!

but im not the prosecutor or the judge, so, I wish I would have went to law school so i could let all mj cases off!

Peace

Cheap insurance, that covered nothing, was a major problem that ObamaCare fixes. It wasn't even really insurance. The insurance companies found out that people were not being able to afford a 'real' policy so they sold some terrible policies that gave folks a false sense of security. Bad insurance company. Repeat that a bunch of times Jim. Bad insurance companies. They are the problem that the Pres stuck his neck out for you to fix.

oh you couldnt tell I was b.s ing about the lying phaq's ins,aka obamacare, its already hit home here, how any one could like him or vote for him is beyond me, so all of you people getting screwed now should just go ahead and blame your self, Id have to say the way peeps are on here over 80% voted for the lying african!

Peace

Being wrong about something and lying are two different things. I'm sure you can find things Obama is/was wrong about but that doesn't make him a liar. Calling someone a liar is a hateful thing to do.

It would be like me calling you a liar right now because you are so wrong about a lot of things.

It's only after someone shows you that you are wrong, and you still keep saying the same thing, then you are a liar. You are on the border of wrong and liar right now yourself Jim.

3 trips to the same dr. in a month or 6 wks or less should be considered a bonafide pt/dr relationship!

but im not the prosecutor or the judge, so, I wish I would have went to law school so i could let all mj cases off!

Peace

It's not really about the number of appointments in a given time period. It's about the doctor completely understanding the patient's needs. Each situation is different.

Sometimes a diagnosis takes multiple visits as per the specific standards for that diagnosis. That's where you run into a number of appointments to meet the minimum requirements for a solid diagnosis. The diagnosis requirements are well known by most doctors who have a good understanding of what they are doing. The insurance companies require quite a bit of proof for a solid diagnosis so there are already industry wide standards for this.

obama says no one will have to give up their present ins when obamacare is set up

thousands of people have already lost their ins since it has come to be, he has been saying this for over a yr now, him and pellosi, if you dont call that a liar well you go lie in bed with them 2 lying pigs!

I will wait till it hits you like it hit my house and than we will see who is crying,,,,hey vote republican next time,,,

I thought I would throw that in since so many lost people are voting for dems, the dems no longer help the poor people, they take money from the poor give it to middle class and leave the rich folks alone, wow that almost sounds like a rep to eh?

VOTE REPUBLICANS! bawhahahahahahaha! at least I know the truth, I dont pretend to know and I most def dont vote for presidents by whether they are for or against mm, their is a whole lot more to fix than pot!

Im gonna go smoke my peace pipe, I can send smoke signals which way you want to see them from? south,north,east or west?

and whether we agree or not Id like to smoke the peace pipe with you and many others here that dont think the same as me!

Peace

obama says no one will have to give up their present ins when obamacare is set up

thousands of people have already lost their ins since it has come to be, he has been saying this for over a yr now, him and pellosi, if you dont call that a liar well you go lie in bed with them 2 lying pigs!

I will wait till it hits you like it hit my house and than we will see who is crying,,,,hey vote republican next time,,,

I thought I would throw that in since so many lost people are voting for dems, the dems no longer help the poor people, they take money from the poor give it to middle class and leave the rich folks alone, wow that almost sounds like a rep to eh?

VOTE REPUBLICANS! bawhahahahahahaha! at least I know the truth, I dont pretend to know and I most def dont vote for presidents by whether they are for or against mm, their is a whole lot more to fix than pot!

Im gonna go smoke my peace pipe, I can send smoke signals which way you want to see them from? south,north,east or west?

and whether we agree or not Id like to smoke the peace pipe with you and many others here that dont think the same as me!

Peace

Tell us all about what happened to you Jim. I'm all ears and poised to learn something. Please educate me.

I already posted that I saved $18000 a year because of ObamaCare.

Getting records is as simple as contacting the office where they are kept and typically signing a release to have them issued to yourself. Some offices may charge for the work. More and more providers are now making records availalbe to patients through secure online accounts. I am on board with a couple, and plan to get on  board with others as they come around to offering the service.