Confused And Needing Help

Thank you... it's all so confusing... deliberately it seems. I was trying to stay within the legal parameters as STATED by the LAW... Which is quite different than how the courts INTERPRET the law...

At age 62 with no prior criminal history I could lose everything...

time to go all-in with the best atty you and who ever loans you for it, can hire.

Court did NOT go our way today. This is Yeller Dawgs' girlfriend... he tested positive for thc and was placed in jail without bond until the trial February 3rd.

The judge said the marijuana laws are difficult to adhere to. Even for honest people who are trying to comply.

That didn't stop him from jailing him. Either did the fact that his court appointed attorney didn't file a chapter 8 defense... or a motion that would allow his continued use of medical marijuana while out on bond.

I am completely dumbfounded. I thought courts were for protection... Not persecution.

Where can I go from here? Is there a way to get him released before the trial?

-Sad & Disillusioned With The System

Darlene

you must go all-in and hire the best atty you and everyone you borrow from, can hire.

I did call the lawyers office... he is in trial court today and unable to take my call. But I did get to leave a voicemail.

I called and talked to an attorney that specializes in medical marijuana... he would be happy to help... for a $6000 retainer...

We just don't have it

sell cars, ira, get it for the best that will take the case...good or bad the atty skates...but with poor atty you serve TIME 

Edited by pic book

Doesn't sound fair if he had a drug test and he failed it, maybe it was still in his system? They could consider him being on bond, enough time to clear his system also.

you two need a lawyer, a lawyer that knows the MMJ case laws. Also need to get his recommending Dr involved, get the police report also, you should have got a copy by now. 

FYI -

section 10 is the part of the act that the MI Supreme court upheld and which explains how section 8 still applies when over the limit's of section 4 -  it's called severance.

if you do not "qualify" for some reason under any particular section of the act, all other sections may still apply.

so in his case if the court appointed Lawyer is saying he is not able to use protections offered on section 4 - he is still bound by sections 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10 and all Supreme court and Court of appeals decisions since.

education is the key.

sure wish we could help you more..

each case is different.

I'm so glad I found this site. Everyone has been very helpful and I am becoming quite an advocate for an issue which I always assumed did not affect me.

As soon as Martin Meades office is open I will be scheduling an appointment.... I hope he has decided to represent him!

-Darlene

Edited by aldarlene

Praying for you and your family Darlene.  Wish there was more I could do for you.  Good luck and may true justice prevail.  No one that grows or smokes cannabis is a criminal, they just appreciate the natural remedies that God has created for us.  The system is very good at labeling people and making them into something that they are not.

• 2 months later...

The 2.5 oz they are referring to are usable material, if you are growing your own, as I do, when I harvest,  I have hang time, drying, curring time and that is where a majority of my buds stay until they are ready to be used.  As long as they are labeled as curing and dates on them, I have not had a problem.  But if anyone knows any different, please let me know. 

My lab report said "3 grams of usable marijuana"

And there was the school teacher, the lab that tested his plants, they said since they were dry and dead, they weren't usable.

Also, mine was in a jar, dated and labeled curing also.. Perhaps dry freezing it, while its wet would help.. Not sure if it would work though, someone had mentioned that before

Edited by MiMedical