Simple Partial Seizure

jamf

my little cousin would be sitting on the ground, and just start staring into nowhere, or up at the sky same way.  I had to tap her on the shoulder to "wake" her from her eyes open stare. If I turned her face towards me, or she was looking my way, I could tell immediately. She also did the shaking choking thing . I was told both of  these are dangerous, with many different causes.  seek medical advice. 

scary.  I read that a lot of people with sps never get diagnosed.

Doc sez Im ok, but Ive always preferred sativa strains that are supposed to be higher in CBD's, which is supposed to help seizures.

I do have a relative that had seizures.  They said he threw fits and was generally unpleasant to be around. 

Ive been wondering if marijuana addicts are self medicating for some kind of seizure disorder.  This is common in alcoholics.  They self medicate for seizure issues.  Then when given seizure meds, it reduces their alcohol cravings.

Yes, please I urge you to seek medical attention. My son has done this since he was in late elementary. And the older he got the worse it became. We were told it was because of his ADHD. Around the time he turned 17 he began having grand mal seizures, which he would "wake up on the floor of some room or the garage floor" not ralizing how he got to the ground or how long he had been out. Over two years only 3 were witnessed by others and my son had not told anyone about the other issues. In Ocotber he suffered a seizure that caused him to fall from a bike and nearly killed him due to a severe head injury. And when I say nearly killed him I'm mean the neurosurgeon told me to call clergy to read him his last rites. Amazingly he bounced back with very little symptoms. After a very extensive work up and consultation, the neurologist now speculates he actually was missed diagnosed with ADHD when he was younger what he really had was a seizure disorder. The type of seizure activity he has, it is common for the symptoms to be subtle, then around puberty/adolescence, or early adulthood, if not treated change from spacing out turn in to grand mal seizures. I say this not to scare you, but yes, it could be a sign that something is wrong.

hope your son is ok Van.  I saw a commercial on tv about seizures being mistaken for add. 

I did see a doc.  Ive never had a seizure.  I don't know what they are exactly.

I do clench my teeth a lot and have an overall body tension.. I wonder if they are related

hope your son is ok Van.  I saw a commercial on tv about seizures being mistaken for add. 

I did see a doc.  Ive never had a seizure.  I don't know what they are exactly.

I do clench my teeth a lot and have an overall body tension.. I wonder if they are related

Look into a magnesium supplement, that could help with both of those. 

I have a patient age 32 who has severe epilepsy. She smokes the Cannatonic 4 (14% cbd) it has stopped most of her petite mal seizures. Her doctor approves and has taken her off an anti anxiety drug. This might be something worth it for you to look into. 

I really have to agree with all the people who have told you to see a Doctor this really could be an early indicator of potential problems and best to deal with it as early as possible. Be well.

• 2 months later...

whered you get cbd caps? i mean , from a disp or internet?

have you tried smoking/juicing/medibles/vaporizing before?

high cbd strains are : cannatonic , ac/dc, harlequinn, charlottes web

i dont know what marijuana is best, but i know that any marijuana smoked eases most seizures. you could be one who it doesnt help, i dunno. best wait for more advice :)

I got the cbd caps from a dispensary in Vancouver. I haven't tried smoking any of the high cbd strains. Are you yourself epileptic? What I'm looking to try something for absence seizures. I would be interested in hearing from others with the same seizures. Thanks for those strain names.

no i am not an epileptic. i know a couple of people with epilepsy. so i am not very knowledgeable about strains, just what i read about online.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7413719

Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients.

"Each patient received, in a double-blind procedure, 200-300 mg daily of CBD or placebo."

"All patients and volunteers tolerated CBD very well and no signs of toxicity or serious side effects were detected on examination. 4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition. CBD was ineffective in 1 patient. "

good luck to you.

Edited by t-pain

no i am not an epileptic. i know a couple of people with epilepsy. so i am not very knowledgeable about strains, just what i read about online.

Do you happen to know if the conventional strains WITH THC help these folks with their seizures? I'm looking for people that still have an open mind about cannabis for seizures that have not already been sold on the CBD ONLY theory.

well, i think its been proven that thc combines with cbd to be more effective - the 'entourage effect'. although i dont think its an nih study, just anecdotal evidence. 

one of the epilepsy people i know used marijuana in college to effectively stop his seizures for years. that was back in the 70s. so i'm positive he doesnt know nor believe this cbd-only nonsense. his new epilepsy prescription has given him a constant dry cough, which is a side-effect of topamax. his previous epilepsy medication was leeching calcium from his bones, giving him early critical osteoperosis.  all of his medications affect his memory badly.

i've been suggesting medical marijuana to him, now that its kinda legal. dunno what he'll do. hes certainly tired of his neurologist suggesting brain surgery all the time.

well, i think its been proven that thc combines with cbd to be more effective - the 'entourage effect'. although i dont think its an nih study, just anecdotal evidence. 

one of the epilepsy people i know used marijuana in college to effectively stop his seizures for years. that was back in the 70s. so i'm positive he doesnt know nor believe this cbd-only nonsense. his new epilepsy prescription has given him a constant dry cough, which is a side-effect of topamax. his previous epilepsy medication was leeching calcium from his bones, giving him early critical osteoperosis.  all of his medications affect his memory badly.

i've been suggesting medical marijuana to him, now that its kinda legal. dunno what he'll do. hes certainly tired of his neurologist suggesting brain surgery all the time.

Thanks. I suspect a lot of epilepsy patients are being lead in a direction that is not where they should be heading because of aggressive marketing and studies that assume too much. They are being funneled into few choices and high prices because of false/misleading info that is being gobbled up like candy. I would like some test subjects, REAL people that REAL folks here are in contact with so that we can filter out the nonsense. I might have a way that they can enjoy the medical benefits of cannabis for epilepsy without the $ funnel. Edited by Restorium2

I meet a lot of resistance here when I even approach the subject of providing an alterative. Especially when it would hurt the high CBD market. I just discovered another way to provide the cannabis oil that may benefit seizure patients. It's a free by product of something a lot of us patients do every day.

Edited by Restorium2

yes I understand the entourage effect, taking all thc out with only cbd, there as to be a happy place.

I will be taking mm soon, I would like to hear from others with absence seizures who are using mm.

All info is great for me, but please if you suffer from the same lets talk.

So then you would keep it to yourself,instead of helping others? All this altruistic crap is sickening. Are you a Dr? Who are YOU to say if someone needs it?  Seizures are no joke. And just where is all the proof of this miraculous oil? Because some guys on a MMJ website says so? And of course,they GROW and make their own oil. Do you know if it is free of any contaminents,like bacteria that could kill a person with no immune system?

Must be nice to know everything. Try looking up the word compassion. It used to be used quite a bit here. Now it's just money. Just like you accuse the pharm companies of doing. Should they give away the drugs they need money to make? THEY DO. All you have to do is ask them. I know this as a true fact.