Senator Richardville: I Will “Sit On” Michigan’S Pro-Marijuana Bills

t-pain

a caller on planetgreentrees said that they think randy will only sit on these bills for a month or so to iron out more details and local controls.

In other words;

"Dispensary advocates, keep donating to your favorite crooked politician because your ship will eventually come in." "Hold your course, there's still hope you can monopolize the market, working together with crooked politicians wanting to end home grows."

Well t- pai, that has always been our concern at CPU.  It is hard to sit by and be patient when the concerns are many.  But that is exactly what is going on, and we must be patient.  

I think Resto a bit harsh and oriented to a doomsday scenario compared to how I am seeing it play out.  Perhaps he is correct, but I do not see it is presently going that direction.  In fairness to Robin and NPRA they have changed much of the language to exactly what Malamute and I and our members have asked for.  While it remains imperfect in a number of ways (as any bill tends to be), there are many positives for those seeking choice.  The fact that Caregivers (as written currently) will have a chance to transfer overages to a PC, is a good example of how the bill was improved.  Previously versions of the bill allowed the PC's could cultivate and sell clones, in the current version they cannot.

HB 4105 is the bill we would most like to see passed.  The concern with it, of course, is that it opens the act.  That is never a first choice.  HB 4105 also includes the language that facilitates the transfers from patient or caregiver to PC in a legal manner.  That again was a very positive addition, and Robin and the NPRA were cooperative in helping the stakeholders meeting get the best language possible.  I was included in those meetings and virtually everything we have asked for (Malamute and myself and CPU) was adopted.  We view this bill as almost perfect, and really do hope it is passed.  It would help a whole lotta people.  But it takes 3/4 of the Senate, meaning nine "no" votes would kill the bill.  Hopefully the Senators rise to the occasion and help patients.  I know the mom's and dad's with very sick kids who benefit from mmj are working very hard to get Senate approval.

Can there be more done to make them better?  Yes

Could it still be necessary to, in the end, oppose the bill on dispensaries?  Perhaps, but only if there were language changes made that were offensive, like taking away the right of a patient or caregiver to cultivate at home, or something of a similar nature.  And in that case, CPU and groups like MMMA certainly would have the right to reconsider their position.

Now in the end, we all have different opinions on this subject.  That is good and healthy as far as I am concerned.  I have no inside knowledge on Sen Richardsville stance.  He has complete power over these bills, of that there is not a doubt.  Keeping civil and maintaining decorum is paramount in Lansing in order to accomplish anything.  It looks like it will be an interesting horse race….

Edited by Hayduke

I know, both of you are correct.  I agree.  I get it.

However, it is what it is at the Capitol...

As far as the Callton quote:  He is a turkey on this one.  But showing his true colors, for sure.  That is why I typed what I did.

Sorry about transposing the numbers.  blah blah blah… my error from arrrggghhness…lol...

I know, both of you are correct.  I agree.  I get it.

However, it is what it is at the Capitol...

As far as the Callton quote:  He is a turkey on this one.  But showing his true colors, for sure.  That is why I typed what I did.

Sorry about transposing the numbers.  blah blah blah… my error from arrrggghhness…lol...

Makes it hard for the 'middleman' when the players show their cards like that. He's the boss of that bill.

with "friends" like callton, who needs enemies ?

Callton AND anyone who supports him(don't forget that, it's the important part).

You can't even tell how any bills or ballots will turn out in the end for us so you just look to the sponsor(s), their quotes, their actions, and who supports them. That's the game, whether you like it or not. That's how the winners play the game anyway.

I think the Republicans in general are looking at Canada's new plan and asking, "How can we do it that way?"

They meet all their objectives if they can manipulate these changes:

-Ban ALL home growing

-Ban ALL private dispensaries

-License private corporations to build government manufacturing plants

-Develop a government run pharmacy system for medical patients

This way they get maximum taxes, can let the police arrest private growers again, AND they meet their #1 objective of incorporating and industrializing the industry. I'm guessing this will happen at the Federal level because it is the only way to get more Republicans on board to change current laws in Washington, as the State laws at some point will have to be consolidated.

The Republicans can then claim credit for their "forward thinking" on cannabis reform by creating a medical cannabis system and then reinvigorating calls to clamp down on Illegal growing (any growing not under THEIR control.

I think the people out there who think that moving forward to new national laws is a "good thing", may be sadly disappointed when the new laws outlaw home growing and turn the profits over to corporations. 

You may wish for the good old days of 2009-2014, when you could "grow your own."

medical itself is the box that can be regulated. and made into pill form. with fda labels and tests.

but if you fully legalize like alcohol or tomatoes, neither one of those bans home grows or home brews.

this is why everyone needs to be against 'pharmacuietical grade' crap nonsense.

medical itself is the box that can be regulated. and made into pill form. with fda labels and tests.

but if you fully legalize like alcohol or tomatoes, neither one of those bans home grows or home brews.

this is why everyone needs to be against 'pharmacuietical grade' crap nonsense.

Medical and legal marijuana seem to be going down separate paths now. The lawmakers, for some reason, seem to want to separate the two. Maybe this is because they see legalization in the light of a regulatory scheme ( that they are all to eager to enact) while medical already has a law that is hard to change.

I am praying that another citizen initiative will pave the way to REAL legalization before the legislature can get their dirty little hands on it and (as usual) eff it up.

It is legal but it is limited. 

From TTB.gov

Spirits

You may not produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [see 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that also make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are paying special tax, filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

Spirits may be produced for non-beverage purposes for fuel use only without payment of tax, but you also must file an application, receive TTB's approval, and follow requirements, such as construction, use, records and reports.