Root Bound ?

newknees

I've been experimenting for decades. I have two gallon pots next to one gallon pots, next to 2x2 tray, next to 3x3 trays full of dirt an cannabis.

I'm not arguing, just asked for your 55 gallon drum thoughts.

Seems you believe the longer a plant is in veg, lower quality results if the container is not infinite. when I grow in a 5 gallon pail the roots get bound by the time I flower. I'll throw up some pics of one gallon plants and you'll see no fluffy buds, and know I have no growing issues, fluff, potency probs, rotten roots, etc. these all grown in one gallon grow bags, vegged until root bound, flowered about 24 inches tall, with dried out roots hanging out of the drains of the bags. These are huge indoor plants, all were healthy, fully expressed, and flowered in 65 days.

Nanners appear with stress, rootbound is stressing. The whole idea of growing indoors is to prevent as much stress as possible....i suppose i could be wrong. Oh well. Let me know if you decide to do an experiment.

unfortunately when a cg is supplying five heavy users, harvesting enough supply to last through the winter season is impossible legally, for me. Just a month of all six patients (me ,inc) supply on hand is near limit. Other arrangements would need to be made to ensure a constant supply for my registry. Those other arrangements are risky to me, and best avoided imo. I don't have cannabis user friends that visit.

The whole idea of indoor oops is to keep the opp out of site and underground.....But things are changing.

The future is in Greenhouses.....you can't beat the Sun for quality, quantity or cost.

Indoor grows are obsolete

it aint religion, I have no relevant cannabis growing beliefs. just samples of my experiences. you made a statement, and I wish you would back it up in a similar manner, if you still believe your stance of lower quality resulting from a 55 gallon root bound cannabis plant.

you did ay root bound plants produce less quantity and lower quality. I showed pics to ya hopefully to relay your misunderstanding of root bound plants, and aspire to teach you about "nanners" appearing "because of stress". I can flick lights on all night, splash with cold water, jack the ph, and none of the genetics I grow currently will show nanners. I have seen crappy genetics form crappy breeders who produce plants on the verge of dual expression, just waiting an excuse.  But "stress" in and of itself, is not the cause of "nanners".  live and learn,  its not voodoo, its botany. I'm never done learning of it.

Well, i never said you had any issues. Believe what you want.

prove? I've nothing to prove at all.  Your bold statement I asked you to prove your own words, and supplied pictures of my experience.

None of my root bound plants exhibit any of the issues you stated will happen. None of the growers I know experience what you are purporting. I needed to get to the bottom of what you say, and believe I have. thank you for your time, no worries, do what works best in your garden for you.

peace out

happy growing

unfortunately when a cg is supplying five heavy users, harvesting enough supply to last through the winter season is impossible legally, for me. Just a month of all six patients (me ,inc) supply on hand is near limit. Other arrangements would need to be made to ensure a constant supply for my registry. Those other arrangements are risky to me, and best avoided imo. I don't have cannabis user friends that visit.

Our Natural solution to heavy usage is Better Meds..only obtainable thru traditional Sun and soil farming methods.

Some of our trees are several years old......they are never without soil? The cannabis rootball is a facinating study.

Edited by beourbud

you sir are the only poster who has offered advise in this thread. You advised growers that a plant vegged long enough to b root bound would be less potent than the one vegged for less time and not root bound. you have not provided evidence of this, except a reference to the world wide web, the same place you'll find debate of all info.

I take no offense. I do admit I know some things of single bladed leafs, and have seen that when seedlings are damaged, or clones are infected/manipulated. I also know that Seedlings start out with one blade, then grow three per leaf, then five. Larger plants can easily grow 7, 9 or more blades. When flowering gets underway, the numbers of blades on the leaves around the flowering sites often reduce. Eventually, the plant is back to producing one-bladed 'spear' leaves throughout the buds.  Could this be because the finished plant is rootbound?  maybe. but then what of the plant that began rootbound, rather than ended up that way?  keep in mind cutting a plant stresses it too, and causes it to triple in size, without affecting the potency. All outdoor plants are stressed, violently competing for resources from above, and below the surface. Fighting off infections and disease, dodging predators and pests. Yet they proliferate in driveway cracks, rain gutters, and rootbound grow room pots.

But dont take my word for any of this. Lets let anyone who comes here looking for advice..lets let em take the advice posted above. Let em get pot bound, youu see no ill effects from it, in fact its the way we do it here in michigan.

some folks need to cook their meds, requiring more grade a than others. you certainly understand that point. Enough meds cannot be legally stored to supply these types of patients through the down time season. Thankfully there are indoor plots with caretakers willing to go the extra mile for those needing a higher level of care. I tip my hat to anyone who can supply these types consistently. I find it difficult to accomplish with legalities in mind. Harvest weights, drying material, and ready to go packaged supplies must be carefully managed to avoid any illegality during the process. Occasionally I find myself with five of these types. I burn out after awhile though, from the intensity of the gardening tasks of a perpetual cycle of dozens of plants at different stages of growth and finish. Supplying a few patients who only need an ounce or so a month is like retirement, again.

Our Natural solution to heavy usage is Better Meds..only obtainable thru traditional Sun and soil farming methods.

Some of our trees are several years old......they are never without soil? The cannabis rootball is a facinating study.

ahhh, grasshopper, all things multi cola bushes scrogs are possible with some trim and train, easily tripling the production capability of a plant compared to allowing it

grow straight up naturally, like an xmas tree.

Grassmatch, cutting a plant does not cause it to triple in size. Where did you get that from? I cut some of my plants weekly and they dont triple in size or id have house sized plants.