Finding Qualified Mmmp Legal Help

dbnpirate

Help I have been charged with a crime and don't know how to find qualified legal help in the area of marijuana.  Every attorney you talk to says they know everything about MMMp and than look at you like you are crazy when you ask about affirmation defenses. I am in Detroit and my case will end up in wayne county,

also would like to know when I should file Motion to dismiss, at arraignment, at prelim or wait for trial scheduled

thanks

pirate

file a motion to dismiss at any time pre trial , but preferably the sooner the better.

the judge may also have a schedule of when to file motions. definitely file pre-trial.

for cannabis lawyers, theres michael komorn who works out of southfield.

and cannabis counsel matthew abel that works out of detroit

komorn has done a bunch of sec8 affirm defense wins.

http://komornlaw.com/

http://www.cannabiscounsel.com/

theres more lawyers listed on minorml's site.

i can dig up some more wayne county area lawyers who talk about sec8 defenses, if you want ?

Edited by t-pain

manufacture and delivery of marijuana.  My 20 yr old son gave pot (not from me) to a friend while undercover were waiting in car outside.  Friend had house raided that night. My house was raided next night.  They were looking for 20 yr old and snagged 50 yr old with 15 oz.  I  have five patients and was sure they were not going to charge me.  One year later I received a notice of arraignment in the mail.

ahhhhh , bad luck. sorry to hear that.

nows a good time to make sure all of your patients get at least one follow up dr visit with their cert doctors (dont ask, just do it).

if you havent memorized your patients names and conditions and how much marijuana they use, well, it cant hurt you to do that (yes, this was brought up in another case).

any competent lawyer should get you out of this.

david rudoi is also a good mmj lawyer. based in royal oak. has done some sec8 defenses.

http://rudoilaw.com

manufacture and delivery of marijuana.  My 20 yr old son gave pot (not from me) to a friend while undercover were waiting in car outside.  Friend had house raided that night. My house was raided next night.  They were looking for 20 yr old and snagged 50 yr old with 15 oz.  I  have five patients and was sure they were not going to charge me.  One year later I received a notice of arraignment in the mail.

All the Lawyers mentioned in this thread are skilled...Call Michael Komorn!

ahhhhh , bad luck. sorry to hear that.

nows a good time to make sure all of your patients get at least one follow up dr visit with their cert doctors (dont ask, just do it).

if you havent memorized your patients names and conditions and how much marijuana they use, well, it cant hurt you to do that (yes, this was brought up in another case).

any competent lawyer should get you out of this.

david rudoi is also a good mmj lawyer. based in royal oak. has done some sec8 defenses.

http://rudoilaw.com

Sorry to hear about that, all good advice so far.

Since it has been a year, have you been reading all the relevant cases that have been going on? It took them a year to charge me also, that's all I have been doing is reading and waiting, I knew it would happen... But I prayed it wouldn't! But it did... Read read and read, ask questions as needed. Only what you feel comfortable with.

is reading and reading... I bewildered how expensive lawyers can be, any true patient/caregiver is not in the business to get rich or reap the benefits financially, these ppl (lawyers) are crazy if they think a normal family man can throw around 10-20 k,  the gangster that wreck this business might have that kind of loot..... but I am saving for kids college, paying for sports etc,, sooo frustrated

is reading and reading... I bewildered how expensive lawyers can be, any true patient/caregiver is not in the business to get rich or reap the benefits financially, these ppl (lawyers) are crazy if they think a normal family man can throw around 10-20 k,  the gangster that wreck this business might have that kind of loot..... but I am saving for kids college, paying for sports etc,, sooo frustrated

That's why we tell people to get a card and stay in count at 12 plants and 2.5 ounces on hand. No sales or giving it away. If you are going to stick your toe in the waters past that have yourself a really heathy war chest.