Have You Ever Had To 'reboot' Your Setup? Help!

dropabomb

So ive gotten so tired of having crappy medicine and also having these huge electricity bills.  darn guys are they kililng you too? Anyway, ive been currently running a 400w for veg and a 1000w for flower but im just a little bummed with everything.  Ive had my card since the beginning and remember growing some really good medicine but looking at my current situation is a bit discourgeing.  Anyway, im growing some old cuts that ive had a while and just dont know where to restart from? So, im looking to rejuvinate my grow and also possibly lower my bills? So, im thinking of going with a 4-6 t-5 for veg to save a bit of bucks? Although im running a 1000W for flower, i currently only have 2 plants under it and just feel thats a waste of time and money for 2 weak plants.    Anyway, i have tons of seeds as i once was hooked on seedbay and begun popping a few of theses but i dont know, guess im finally coming out of the woodwork looking for some guidance and help and encourgement to get it going again.  I grow in tents . Heck, my cloning situation it also difficult.  I was doing just  a cut in a plug in a dome and my grow was like 2 good out of 10 planted and you know or for me anyway, once i loose that many cuts it puts my whole situation behind and low and behold only have 2 plants to flower.     Anyway, just looking for a sorta 'reboot' thought and direction or story of your situation.  Like a lot of you i have a family and job and not that much time for the upkeep and im just wondering if in the end that is my problem.  HOw much time are you spending in your garden a day, in a small garden?  Thanks regardless!

I spend maybe a half hour to an hour every night in my garden but its usually a couple minutes every visit .

Fluoros for veg give me nice bushy girls metal halide seemed to give me more stretch than I wanted so now I run 2 x 4 bulbs home depot t5 fixtures lashed together and a dual t8 2 bulb fixture for my babys and seedlings im like you I got complacent and medicine didn't seem to be as good as my earlier medicine but this last harvest was very simple no bugs no issues and my Blueberry tastes like it once did 4 years ago couldn't be happier .

try doing veg/flower with the 400w. drop the 1000w.

or like you say, go t5 for veg and 400w for flower.

buy a $10 pack of clonex to get better clone numbers?

are you in dirt ? dirt is a lot cheaper than hydro imo. at least no air/water pump electro.

do cover crops in dirt. try growing some food/herbs next to your plants. tomatoes and basil plants? haha

if you really want to cut back on electricity, put those two plants near a window and set some timers to just extend the natural sunlight to whatever you need for veg..

Edited by t-pain

nows also a good time to finish replacing all incandecent light bulbs around the house if you havent done so.

maybe block the heat off to spare rooms? shut the doors and let those rooms stay cooler.

or set thermostat to 68 and wear sweaters all day (wow the family hates this one)

thanks for all the tips. Ive been growing in ocean forest .  I have done a few of my windows with plastic but after getting my dte bill this morning via email, looks like i need to do all my windows.  Wow, its almost $600.  Im going to work harder on my clones and recently took around 10 cuts and im hoping that i get a good percent out of them.  Lumberjack, im hoping to get exactly what it sounds like you just did.  Get back in action!  Thanks for the thoughts!

watching some vids on youtube

vader says if you dont feed nutes to your mother for 3-4d to 1week before taking cuts, the cuts you take will be seeking nutes.

they will send a lot of roots to get nutes.

so theres something you can try.

video here : 

Edited by t-pain

• 3 weeks later...

so in the process of trying to get my restart, ive tried buying some clones on Craigslist. Wow, what joke. I have had several people listing clones for sale but when comes time they always seem to flake out.  Thoughts? has anyone found a good source for clones? im a downriver turd, anyone wanting to donate for a fee something good? ive got to get it going again and could really use some help! Thanks regardless guys! PM Me?

thanks ganjawarrior for the thoughts.   right now im using  MH with a 400W for veg and then dropping them into 1000W HPS for flower.  Hoping for some large nugs this time around! 

there was some talk of more lights in the first 2 weeks of flower = increase in cannabinoid production

i think it was in the gw pharma thesis.

dunno if you are interested in that, but might be worth looking into.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44032-gw-pharmaceuticals-supported-thesis-on-growing/