Raids In Grand Rapids?

And we are seeing it right now with you people who are against dispensaries.  Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Have you tried to ask a caregiver, posing as a patient, if they would take on a patient at a 1/4 a month?  Wonder if any of those ads would take a patient like that.  Maybe the patients aren't looking anymore because no one would take a 1/4oz patient? 

All I can do is fight for my and other patients rights, which include homegrows AND dispensaries.

Gay marraige is the same.  There are people who oppose it and would work on as many laws to keep them from working(you know you can still be fired in MI for being gay?).  Being a caregiver is working.  Lot better analogy then you thought huh?

Then it's a war against dispensaries taking over.  I for one, will not throw patients under the bus just because callton and some dispensaries did.

And if they are still giving free meds then your supporting people selling outside the mmmp, make up your mind.

Sure, if they were legal.

Oh sure, you will always have the haters. Illegal Pot Stores give the haters a tiny bit of credibility with some that would have turned the other cheek.

prohibitionists dont turn cheeks. they fight to the end.

the people using dispensaries as a reason to kill the mmma? if they didnt have dispensaries they would find other reasons.

the number one reason being 'more kids are using pot' or 'think of the children whos parents use mmj'.

which is exactly what cps did to steve green and family.

Edited by t-pain

And we are seeing it right now with you people who are against dispensaries.  Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Have you tried to ask a caregiver, posing as a patient, if they would take on a patient at a 1/4 a month?  Wonder if any of those ads would take a patient like that.  Maybe the patients aren't looking anymore because no one would take a 1/4oz patient? 

All I can do is fight for my and other patients rights, which include homegrows AND dispensaries.

Gay marraige is the same.  There are people who oppose it and would work on as many laws to keep them from working(you know you can still be fired in MI for being gay?).  Being a caregiver is working.  Lot better analogy then you thought huh?

Then it's a war against dispensaries taking over.  I for one, will not throw patients under the bus just because callton and some dispensaries did.

And if they are still giving free meds then your supporting people selling outside the mmmp, make up your mind.

I have a patient who might use 2 oz per year.  I give her the meds for free, and I don't sell outside the registry and never have.  I give it away for free partly because I feel good about it and partly because it isn't enough to worry about.  It is nice to have  the extra plants if I want to grow some new seeds.  I know two other CGs who do the same thing and have for years.  I have never met a low-volume patient who couldn't find a decent CG.

Fight for your rights - that's great.  But do know that a dispensary bringing in thousands of dollars per day doesn't care about your rights.  So you fight for them and they turn their back on you.    Big business/profit is not compatible with medical care.  We already see this with traditional medical services, drug companies, insurance.  Unlimited profit potential squeezes the little guy.

prohibitionists dont turn cheeks. they fight to the end.

the people using dispensaries as a reason to kill the mmma? if they didnt have dispensaries they would find other reasons.

the number one reason being 'more kids are using pot' or 'think of the children whos parents use mmj'.

which is exactly what cps did to steve green and family.

Not every one of the legislators that have been on board with Jones and Snyder/Schuette at times are staunch prohibitionists.

The California Cannabis Association, a trade group for dispensaries, was openly opposed to Proposition 19, which would have legalized marijuana in California in 2012.

If one of their member dispensaries wanted to set up shop here in Michigan, would you fight for them to be able to do so, knowing their stance on legalization and knowing that the profits they make off medical MJ sales would be used to fight against legalization here too?

dave agema is all over the 2009 mmma bills

heres a bill that would ban clubs or bars.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2010-HB-6394

dispensaries didnt kill legalization in WA or CO. but sure i see the CA problem they had with dispensaries.

Dave Agema needs to go. He's a disgrace to the voters of Michigan. We have enabled him to be on the national stage. For shame, for shame. But I have said this before when a few of you wanted to support his new ballot.

Instant? How are they going to check for possible felonies then? I'm all for it if it made sense though.

You think that dispensaries are somehow providing cover for us that do not use them?

I think they stir the pot and get legislators involved when they would have left us legal folks alone.

They do it for guns.  And now they are doing it for ammo in NYS.  $10 charge, hmm.

Getting meds to patients is one thing but setting up in a storefront seems imprudent at this point. It's not a matter of being afraid of the Supreme Court it's a matter of being arrested.

The Supreme Court has ruled that transfers outside the registry are not protected. Lara can't give approval unless the legislature acts.

If people thought like that all the time there would be no help for patients and we never would've made it this far.  Unjust laws are not viable.  I like to go more with right and wrong with the regime we've had in power the last 70 years.  People were saying you shouldn't grow pot because it was illegal but people did and we made it this far.  I view it as people pushing what should be legal and out in the open because it is the sick we're punishing by not allowing them.

If people thought like that all the time there would be no help for patients and we never would've made it this far.  Unjust laws are not viable.  I like to go more with right and wrong with the regime we've had in power the last 70 years.  People were saying you shouldn't grow pot because it was illegal but people did and we made it this far.  I view it as people pushing what should be legal and out in the open because it is the sick we're punishing by not allowing them.

Did we get The Act by sitting at the curb smoking in our wheels chairs or did we beat them at their own game by winning at the polls?

Wow we have a real live psychic, right here on the mmma forums, man I'm impressed, I never knew.

Listen, I've been to jail before.  It's not that scary in holding, which is all someone should ever get for mj these days with a good lawyer.  If it wasn't for my wife and my mom, I'd be there every day waiting for arrest.  Why do you think the worst of people automatically?  Is it because that's the only reason YOU would open a dispensary?  Saying you know why someone does something and assuming the worst is downright wrong.  I think your only in it for the money.  You just want to be a caregiver and keep dispensaries out because your money hungry, you want it all for yourself.  You probably sell to others on the side and don't want to loose that business because even though it's a hassle for them to come to you, they can't go anywhere else.  You don't want rich people to have the ease and selection of a dispensary because you hate rich people.  See, how does it feel.  I don't believe that but.....

Right. Why not just help patients? You don't need a store to do that. Pretending you had to have an illegal store to help people is sad. You had an illegal store because you knew you could make a lot of money selling to anyone who came through the door. Of course people will be lazy and not do it the right way if you provide a way for that. One could say you did patients a disservice because you didn't help them do the right thing.

Wow we have a real live psychic, right here on the mmma forums, man I'm impressed, I never knew.

Listen, I've been to jail before.  It's not that scary in holding, which is all someone should ever get for mj these days with a good lawyer.  If it wasn't for my wife and my mom, I'd be there every day waiting for arrest.  Why do you think the worst of people automatically?  Is it because that's the only reason YOU would open a dispensary?  Saying you know why someone does something and assuming the worst is downright wrong.  I think your only in it for the money.  You just want to be a caregiver and keep dispensaries out because your money hungry, you want it all for yourself.  You probably sell to others on the side and don't want to loose that business because even though it's a hassle for them to come to you, they can't go anywhere else.  You don't want rich people to have the ease and selection of a dispensary because you hate rich people.  See, how does it feel.  I don't believe that but.....

I opened a cc at a library, not a dispensary. I helped patients do it the right way and I made no money doing it. I copied forms using my own printer. I know the difference.

And as far as transfers go;

I was the 7th person to join here. I was the first here to advocate for legislation to have a patient to patient transfer be legal. I did this before Snyder/Schuette was in power. I was told we should wait on it until we had better people to deal with. That was 2009. Now we have worse people to deal with.

Edited by Restorium2

And if they are still giving free meds then your supporting people selling outside the mmmp, make up your mind.  The reason there are so many caregiver looking is because of the dispensary bill so they can get their counts up to sell to the dispense so they can double the price.  Carergivers aren't lily white and doing this just fore the care part either.

I give a quarter ounce for free per one ounce donated for, sometimes more in my garden share theme. I've had patients who sold my provisions to a dispensary a few yrs ago. My own need for cash dictated the relevance to me. These reseller patients can come with other personality/maturity issues, and those ended that for me.

Being a caregiver to heavy needs patients, this is always a concern for me now. Today I quickly ascertain the intent of my patients, usually in the initial interview, and avoid resellers, as far as I know. If they're not exhibiting those issues, I might continue to fool me, who knows, truthfully speaking.

peace

So you're saying risk jail to prove a point?

Isn't that what they do at smoke ins?  I've done it and lost for more stupid reasons like following music.  Helping patients for someone whos been persecuted for this since a teenager, sure, if it wasn't for my wife and mom.

Be careful here in Michigan. I went to holding for a bounced check, it was full so they put me in the general population until I could see the judge. Don't assume it's the same here as NYS.