So Goes Oakland County, Lets Legalize In Oakland County.

t-pain

oakland county is still the stronghold of the state.

i think we need to legalize / decrim all cities in oakland county.

i know the guy got busted in ferndale , but ferndale won despite him and his nonsense.

bonus if you get livonia and john walsh + livonia city ordinance and lawyer who submitted a brief in ter beek v wyoming.

what needs to get done?

we need volunteers in oakland county cities (and livonia) to start petition drives?

That would definitely be the linchpin for legalization in the state of Michigan you knock out the Nazi prohibitionist headquarters of the state the rest will fall like dominoes.

Legalization would be the end of cannabis in Oakland County. They would just set up silly rules and sell you bags for $1,000,000. Decrim is the answer.

By the way, your new AVATAR looks a LOT like Sheriff Federspiel of Saginaw. I was wondering why he had all those makeovers. Trying to look like his favorite TV Sheriff, shaky gun, I realize now.

Edited by Restorium2

Legalization would be the end of cannabis in Oakland County. They would just set up silly rules and sell you bags for $1,000,000. Decrim is the answer.

By the way, your new AVATAR looks a LOT like Sheriff Federspiel of Saginaw. I was wondering why he had all those makeovers. Trying to look like his favorite TV Sheriff, shaky gun, I realize now.

• 1 year later...

Oakland County is the worst in the state, IMHO. The older aged demographic of the individuals who hold the authoritative positions in the county are of the past mindset that all drugs are bad. I do not see anything getting better or even more manageable until there is either full legalization or individuals with an education pertaining to medical supplements need to get into these "power seats" if you will.  Just my $0.02 being a resident since '93...

Edited by topherbassist00

oakland county is still the stronghold of the state.

i think we need to legalize / decrim all cities in oakland county.

i know the guy got busted in ferndale , but ferndale won despite him and his nonsense.

bonus if you get livonia and john walsh + livonia city ordinance and lawyer who submitted a brief in ter beek v wyoming.

what needs to get done?

we need volunteers in oakland county cities (and livonia) to start petition drives?

You can count me inn

The guy from Ferndale is still in Court he did win one of his cases he was running for some type of office i  am not sure i've been to one of his court dates 

You can count me inn

The guy from Ferndale is still in Court he did win one of his cases he was running for some type of office i  am not sure i've been to one of his court dates 

Andrew Cissell was running for State Representative, he started the petition to legalize in Ferndale.

He was arrested by Oakland County for selling cannabis in Detroit. (No political motivation there)

No, he drove into Detroit to make the transfer thinking it would be safer than Ferndale. He wasn't aware that Oakland County has jurisdiction up to one mile into Detroit.

They tried to use this as well as the fact that he no longer lived at the address he registered the petition from as excuses to try to nullify the petition. When it did pass the police chief stated the vote didn't matter because they were going to continue to enforce state law, not local.

No, he drove into Detroit to make the transfer thinking it would be safer than Ferndale. He wasn't aware that Oakland County has jurisdiction up to one mile into Detroit.

They tried to use this as well as the fact that he no longer lived at the address he registered the petition from as excuses to try to nullify the petition. When it did pass the police chief stated the vote didn't matter because they were going to continue to enforce state law, not local.

Yup thats about right and Yes he is in Court still his case is on Stay / hold waiting on the  two case coming down from the  S.C

• 1 month later...

All of the southern Oakland County cities in the 27 th House district have some kind of local cannabis reform measure in place- by way of SaferMich, Andrew Cissel and Debra Young.

Keego Harbor is on deck in August, I believe, by direction of local leader Peter Tzors who also worked with SaferMich.

These people, and several hundred others will be more concerned with collecting sigs for the MILegalize state wide effort, rather than for another local effort- this summer.

Edited by jamieuke