Locating High Cbd Strains

vandowls

I seem to be having great difficulties locating strains that have high CBD/low thc. I have been searching for strains that fit this criteria, but then read somewhere that the ratio is often inconsistent from plant to plant (seed to seed). I wold absolutly love to get my hands on Charlottes Web for my sons seizures but after extensive searching it does not seem like that is going to be possible. Does any know what might be the next best thing? It appears that the genetics I have access to all have high THC and very low CBD.....frustrating!

I seem to be having great difficulties locating strains that have high CBD/low thc. I have been searching for strains that fit this criteria, but then read somewhere that the ratio is often inconsistent from plant to plant (seed to seed). I wold absolutly love to get my hands on Charlottes Web for my sons seizures but after extensive searching it does not seem like that is going to be possible. Does any know what might be the next best thing? It appears that the genetics I have access to all have high THC and very low CBD.....frustrating!

I also was frustrated with this situation, desiring high CBD for Crohn's. Unfortunately, you're going to have a very hard time finding it in Michigan. The only way to be sure of the CBD content is with a specific grow that is actually tested or the cuttings (not seeds) from same. You may have luck at one of the dispensaries that are still around, like in A2. 

You may have to fly to Colorado, Washington (or California) to get the right medicine for your son. 

One alternative is juicing, since one can get ingest lots of cannabis without psychoactive effects. And that translates to a lot of CBD even if it is relatively low in the strain. But this is also difficult to do in Michigan due to legal limits.

Good luck.

There are four indiv. high cbd strains now available right in ann arbor. they are only avail. on weekends, place is called 'genotype a'. facebook search may help you. good luck

I forgot about genotype. Definitely a place to check out real knowledgeable people and seem like they know what they are talking about. Look hard to find it though

• 2 months later...

I am also looking to find a strain close to charlottes web. I am treating my 11 year old son who has Lks. Can someone give me the name of dispensary & where. Or how to get seeds. It's costing me a whole paycheck every month to supply it for him. He is on a low dose & EEG proved it's working but needs to be on a much higher dose. He takes 40 mg a night of 10:1 CBD:thc

I am also looking to find a strain close to charlottes web. I am treating my 11 year old son who has Lks. Can someone give me the name of dispensary & where. Or how to get seeds. It's costing me a whole paycheck every month to supply it for him. He is on a low dose & EEG proved it's working but needs to be on a much higher dose. He takes 40 mg a night of 10:1 CBD:thc

40 mg a day. That means you need a gram for 25 days. That dosage is costing you a whole paycheck? I didn't realize how HIGH people price this stuff. What made you think that you needed this particular strain? Who decided he needed a much higher dosage?

i'm guessing because the seizures have slowed but not stopped on 40mg a night.

if i recall correctly, the nih study on cbd mentioned 300mg per day for adults with seizures.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7413719

"Each patient received, in a double-blind procedure, 200-300 mg daily of CBD or placebo."

"All patients and volunteers tolerated CBD very well and no signs of toxicity or serious side effects were detected on examination. 4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition. CBD was ineffective in 1 patient. "

they knew about cbd for 30 years and didnt tell anyone. how many people with epilepsy have died due to non-working medications over those 30 years? how many children?

i saw rso at $50 per 5ml at a dispensary. what prices you seen resto? :P

Edited by t-pain

i'm guessing because the seizures have slowed but not stopped on 40mg a night.

if i recall correctly, the nih study on cbd mentioned 300mg per day for adults with seizures.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7413719

"Each patient received, in a double-blind procedure, 200-300 mg daily of CBD or placebo."

"All patients and volunteers tolerated CBD very well and no signs of toxicity or serious side effects were detected on examination. 4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition. CBD was ineffective in 1 patient. "

they knew about cbd for 30 years and didnt tell anyone. how many people with epilepsy have died due to non-working medications over those 30 years?

i saw rso at $50 per 5ml at a dispensary. what prices you seen resto? :P

I give it away. Always have. Never charged a dime for it. It's a free by product of my grows. If I were to get into selling it I would probably ask for around $10 a GRAM. I know how to make it so it doesn't make you as high so I don't need special strains with low THC. I have recently discovered another way to produce a very clean oil that has less kick to it, for those who want it that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I just noticed the reply and thank you. My son had an EEG and the results had improved by 5% after taking the CBD for almost 2 months. In the 7 years that he had been treated there had never been any change. So I'm assuming it's the CBD and that he needs more & a higher strain couldn't hurt.

I know someone that has a child with epilepsy.  They treat his seizures successfully with a combination of 2 cannabis oils.  Cannatonic # 4 and Destroyer (100% sativa, very high thc) oil.  I believe its given at a 4-1 ratio....every dose is 1/4 destroyer and 3/4 cannatonic....2 grams a day, one am one pm.  They think its a miracle.

• 1 month later...

I know someone that has a child with epilepsy. They treat his seizures successfully with a combination of 2 cannabis oils. Cannatonic # 4 and Destroyer (100% sativa, very high thc) oil. I believe its given at a 4-1 ratio....every dose is 1/4 destroyer and 3/4 cannatonic....2 grams a day, one am one pm. They think its a miracle.