Good Idea? Online Instant Caregiver Change Forms From Lara.

t-pain

should lara have an online change system?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. should lara have an online cg change system?

• no, i dont believe in protecting transfers
    • yes, waiting for months for cards is stupid.
    • no, it would encourage dispensaries
    • i dont like t-pains ideas

what if lara made an online instant caregiver change website?

you could change your patient/cg instantly, paid $10 using credit card, just like you can at the Secretary of State office website when renewing your license plate.

then you can print out your new cg card, just like you can print out your auto insurance.

i think it would solve the dispensary issue completely, thus dont need 4271.

since dispensaries arent in the law, local control still applies and cities can ban them if they want.

what if lara made an online instant caregiver change website?

you could change your patient/cg instantly, paid $10 using credit card, just like you can at the Secretary of State office website when renewing your license plate.

then you can print out your new cg card, just like you can print out your auto insurance.

i think it would solve the dispensary issue completely, thus dont need 4271.

since dispensaries arent in the law, local control still applies and cities can ban them if they want.

Sounds AWESOME!!! to me. I bet it sounds silly to those in control.

Great idea. I love it. Wish I was governor. Maybe a new batch of leaders wouldn't think it was silly?

isnt the ichat background checker online? yes it is.

http://apps.michigan.gov/ICHAT/Home.aspx

and it takes credit cards. how thoughtful.

the law does not specify background checks either. so thats not stopping this system.

they can put the onus about felonies on the caregiver. if they find a felony they can revoke a card like they did in 2012 when the felony law was added.

Edited by t-pain

isnt the ichat background checker online? yes it is.

http://apps.michigan.gov/ICHAT/Home.aspx

and it takes credit cards. how thoughtful.

the law does not specify background checks either. so thats not stopping this system.

they can put the onus about felonies on the caregiver. if they find a felony they can revoke a card like they did in 2012 when the felony law was added.

Huh? Think more and type less.

There is no good reason for this not to work. LARA has the money to do it. It would add revenue to the program and reduce costs for LARA. Background checks don't need to be an issue. I can get five CG cards and then go out and commit a felony, and LARA would take how long to figure that out? Point is that the existing system won't revoke CG cards as soon as I'm found guilty. So let CGs who are already vetted use the instant Change Form. Then if a vetted CG commits a felony after he becomes a CG, the situation would be no different than under the current system.

There is no good reason for this not to work. LARA has the money to do it. It would add revenue to the program and reduce costs for LARA. Background checks don't need to be an issue. I can get five CG cards and then go out and commit a felony, and LARA would take how long to figure that out? Point is that the existing system won't revoke CG cards as soon as I'm found guilty. So let CGs who are already vetted use the instant Change Form. Then if a vetted CG commits a felony after he becomes a CG, the situation would be no different than under the current system.

I can sell that to Leyton, can you sell it to Snyder/Schuette? Makes all the difference ....

oh

i just remembered again :)

that all the other licenses that LARA is in charge of handling for the state of Michigan are printed on paper.

my builders, appraisers, real estate salesperson and my first responder license were all printed on paper.

also the real estate sales licenses all expire on the same day..(which day is it tooldini? it's a question on the state exam :) ) so LARA has to print millions of them on that day...

there is NO EXCUSE for ANY delays in processing information in todays day and age.

i wanted to vote for two answers :)

yes and the one about not liking t-pains ideas LOL J/K :)

the thing is...

this idea is primarily designed to protect the seller (ie the caregivers.)

the buyers (ie the patients) are already protected to procure cannabis from any source they can find it.

I think that the idea is just as helpful for the buyer because many more people would be willing to sell this way with the risk way down. This would give patients easier access, more strains and products to choose from and probably lower prices.

not sure, recall the debacle with Obama's health care website, the compromises, web difficulty, etc. And that one is a presidential order, surely receiving the very best of web security, accessibility.  we still don't have a picture on our cards !

thats why i pointed to the many other websites in michigan that already work (secretary of states office, ichat, etc)

the pictures on card thing is because the law says we have to have drivers license to prove our id anyways. so lara doesnt put picture on card. why ? i have absolutely no idea. maybe to save ink lol

edit: nevermind

Edited by t-pain

then maybe it will only be instant for people with clean records, not instant for the criminal mastermind like you are resto   :)

LOL Good one.

My 31 year old record didn't specifically say it was a midemeanor even though every attorney I showed it too understood it was not a felony. It did not say felony and I only got a $25 fine for smoking in a park, but they fired me as a caregiver for that. I had already been a caregiver for years when this happened. When you understand this you see how far we are from 'instant' anything with our program at LARA.

i'm sorry your record is/was getting volleyballed at lara, i really am. i wish i could help you, but i dont work at lara nor am i the governor.

this idea has the chance to help possibly 20,000 other caregivers, its worth a shot.

I said it was a good idea on the surface. But knowing what I know about LARA/Snyder/Schuette, it has a snowball's chance in heck. It's exactly in the opposite direction they want to go. Thought you might want to know that before you waste your time. And no, it's not worth a shot. I don't think you know who or what you are up against when you came up with this or it wouldn't have made it to a post.

oh

i just remembered again :)

that all the other licenses that LARA is in charge of handling for the state of Michigan are printed on paper.

my builders, appraisers, real estate salesperson and my first responder license were all printed on paper.

also the real estate sales licenses all expire on the same day..(which day is it tooldini? it's a question on the state exam :) ) so LARA has to print millions of them on that day...

there is NO EXCUSE for ANY delays in processing information in todays day and age. thanks

and i agree if it were any thing else then Cannabis 

I said it was a good idea on the surface. But knowing what I know about LARA/Snyder/Schuette, it has a snowball's chance in heck. It's exactly in the opposite direction they want to go. Thought you might want to know that before you waste your time. And no, it's not worth a shot. I don't think you know who or what you are up against when you came up with this or it wouldn't have made it to a post.

I agree it's a  Great idea   T-pain but Restorium2. knows you must make them think it's their idea  in some kind of way 

Edited by bobandtorey

I agree it's a  Great idea   T-pain but Restorium2. knows you must make them think it's their idea  in some kind of way 

Wow, even making money isn't a good enough pitch to politicians.  how bout you can make even more money off those pinko hippy hide behind a card pot smokers, then you can bust them when they drive thru oakland co.