First Time Grow

JBotts420

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/162733-natural-ph-up-down.html

says baking soda for ph up.

(i have not verified this, so please test with ph meter)

baking soda should be ok for adding to plant water.

it can be used to change the ph on your leaves to protect it from mold/mildew too...

google "natural ph up" for more results.

Edited by t-pain

the point was not if ph up or down would affect the organic aspect of the municipal water, as nothing alive should be in the water to begin with.

The real point is the fact that chlorinated water WILL affect ALL organic life that consumes it. That is the very reason the chlorine is added , to kill the organic life forms present in the water.

chlorinated water is a poor choice to grow with, compared to non chlorinated water. In organic growing we spend lots of hours and money to keep the micro beasties growing and happily breaking down organic material. When the chlorinated water hits them, regardless of ph value, they die. Killing the beneficial organisms present in growing soil is not ideal. My worms bum right out and wiggle violently when chlorinated water comes into contact with them, just like if organic lemon or mint or neem or any oil is applied to their soil .  Spring water on the other hand is like a spa to them. that was the only evidence I needed to avoid the chlorine, as the op is by letting it degas before using.

What was the water ph going in that it came out at that ph?  If your putting in 5.5 and it's coming out 6.5 your not that far off you just need to up the water ph and you should be fine.  No flushing needed if your putting it in 5.5 and it's coming out 6.5

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/162733-natural-ph-up-down.html

says baking soda for ph up.

(i have not verified this, so please test with ph meter)

baking soda should be ok for adding to plant water.

it can be used to change the ph on your leaves to protect it from mold/mildew too...

google "natural ph up" for more results.

Be careful of thatb grasscity web site t. It's set up just to spam you when you join.

Ph up from earth juice is pure potassium bicarbonate, works well for adjusting ph but is way more valuable as powdery mildew killer and preventative.

PM does not build a tolerance to it and it works way better than sodium bicarbonate.

After twenty years without pm i was glad to have the remedy handy when i needed it.

1/4 tsp each, natural dish soap and potassium bicarbonate in a quart of water. 

My water ph is around 5.0-5.5 no point in flushing organic anyways.

Plus I also have my gallons bubbling now as well to help dissipate the chlorine faster, and to raise the PH a little. I got to learn a lot with water and having to maintain a swimming pool. Thanks for all the info and everything hopefully all my plants come out female now.

• 2 weeks later...