High Cbd Strains For Pain Management?

Hey folks, just had a question for those of you real quick who have knowledge in the field, my uncle has a patient that has asked him about higher CBD strains for pain management, she would like them made into edibles and such as she does not enjoy smoking. Her ideal outcome with this would be to produce the effects of pain management (Shoulder, knee, hip replacements etc.) as as LITTLE of the high/buzzed affect as possible.

My question being, can anyone give me a couple of names for strains that can be used for this?  Or even better, if there are any clones out there of these strains? He lives in the Saginaw area but is willing to travel to obtain said clones.

Reposting this here because I think it may be a better place to post it:

Hey folks, just had a question for those of you real quick who have knowledge in the field, my uncle has a patient that has asked him about higher CBD strains for pain management, she would like them made into edibles and such as she does not enjoy smoking. Her ideal outcome with this would be to produce the effects of pain management (Shoulder, knee, hip replacements etc.) as as LITTLE of the high/buzzed affect as possible.

My question being, can anyone give me a couple of names for strains that can be used for this?  Or even better, if there are any clones out there of these strains? He lives in the Saginaw area but is willing to travel to obtain said clones.

Edited by trix
Topics Merged

Reposting this here because I think it may be a better place to post it:

Try this;

Make your butter for your edible out of any decent strain you can grow. Cook that butter at a temperature of 315 degrees F for 30 minutes(use a food thermometer). Then make your edible with the butter. You can vary the cook time of the butter to adjust the THC down and keep all the CBD. You could do this with oil too if that is what you use for your edible. THC will leave the edible at 315 F.

Edited by Restorium2

Alrighty, I'll look into both Pennywise and definitely the Cannatonic 1, that sounds like it'd be best for her. I'll also let him know to try your method of making the butter Resto, he makes oil and uses that in the edibles.

Tell him to taylor the oil to the patient by using the cooking method. It might take a few tries to get it just right. Cook it at 315 F and it will have less 'buzz'.

If you have the very high cannatonic one you always have the option of blending it with a high thc mmj that exhibits the qualities you are looking for.

This didn't quite make sense to me, but I may have been reading it incorrectly in some way. The purpose of the high Cbd strain was for a no-high pain management, thus the search for a low Thc plant. 

Is there a particular seed co/breeder responsible for the Canatonic strains (#'s 1 and 4)?

As per the Tora Bora, if the Thc can be effectively cooked out via Restos' noted method then the Thc content itself is slightly less of a concern.

Hard to say Resin Seeds of Spain created Cannatonic

Since Cannatonic one was mentioned as desirable and that is about 60/ 40 Thc to CBD . Then if one has only the Cannatonic 4 Which is about 30/1 cbd to thc, you could blend it with something else to shift the ratio and perhaps get some new benefits. Nothing to exotic there. I have seen clones of Cannatonic 4 for sale but have not heard the same about the #1.

• 1 month later...

I am currently using catatonic #4 for pain control and can vouch to its effectiveness for pain control without the high.  I got this strain by buying a clone.  I use it in my vaporizer or  in pill form that I have made.  Have not had it tested to see %'s but may in the future when I can afford it.

I am currently using catatonic #4 for pain control and can vouch to its effectiveness for pain control without the high.  I got this strain by buying a clone.  I use it in my vaporizer or  in pill form that I have made.  Have not had it tested to see %'s but may in the future when I can afford it.

Welcome again sock puppet.

Everybody wants this strain and so do I. I do not grow meds,so I do not know where or how to get a strain verified. But I will get my CG to find some so I can try it. It would be nice if those that have had a chance to try it for severe chronic pain issues could share their experience with other pts.

Everybody wants this strain and so do I. I do not grow meds,so I do not know where or how to get a strain verified. But I will get my CG to find some so I can try it. It would be nice if those that have had a chance to try it for severe chronic pain issues could share their experience with other pts.

Yes. Rather than folks selling it creating new sock puppets every week to make people like you want it.

If the pain does not stop,I will make it stop for good. I am at the very edge of pain tolerance. Like when you wake up from surgery and think you must be in hell because it hurts so bad. All I want to do is try it and see if it helps. I am sick of pain controlling my life,that's all. A good recipe for a nice cocktail so I don't wake up is what I really want.

Edited by jointedone

Gage Green has several High THC/CBD strains.  Bright Moments has like 1-3% CBD consistently on several phenos.  They have a strain called harlequin I think which might be an amnesia cut...cannot remember.  But pretty much all the Grape Stomper OG and JoJo Hybrids are off the rocker.  Meaning High Grade but not a paranoided high.  The high CBD in most of their strains negates the high THC.  So its is always smooth sailing.

I had a buddy of mines Father in law with shingles use several of my strains and the poor old man never used marijuana in his entire life but was maxed out on pain meds and with his age they opted to try marijuana because of the destruction the synthetics were doing to him.

I'm sure sock puppet must have some  bad meaning because it was directed at me.

No it was not. I have never ever did(said) anything to you negative at all. I was giving you a 'heads up' that you might be lead into something on false pretenses. If you ever wonder what something means then just google it. Edited by Restorium2