Switching Question.

Ok so I have fully made my switch to taking care of my own plants. I told my caregiver I would let him know when I was fully switched but now he has changed his number and I have no way to contact him to let him know that he doesn't have control of my plants anymore. I let him know I was planning on switching but he wanted me to let him know when I fully switched over. now my question is since I cannot contact him now will he receive any paper work or a letter stating that I have switched I would hate for him to be over illegally. thanks in advance 

since there is no "partial switch" I suspect he's looking to replace you when you alerted him of your intentions. thank you for being kind and going out of your way to inform the caregiver. Our craft would be a safer one if all patients and caregivers worked this way. If you care to, the next step is to mail him a letter. You can always call LARA to check on your registry status, and so can he.

good luck, I hope you enjoy your new garden like we all do. Its very satisfying growing and consuming your own fruits.  

Ok so I have fully made my switch to taking care of my own plants. I told my caregiver I would let him know when I was fully switched but now he has changed his number and I have no way to contact him to let him know that he doesn't have control of my plants anymore. I let him know I was planning on switching but he wanted me to let him know when I fully switched over. now my question is since I cannot contact him now will he receive any paper work or a letter stating that I have switched I would hate for him to be over illegally. thanks in advance 

It is good of you and you are doing the right thing to try and make sure he is informed of everything that is going on. This is the proper thing to do and make sure he is not surprised by the switch. Everyone should take this approach. That being said I think you have done everything you can. He already knew the switch was happening. He changed his number and did not give you the new one. I think  you have done all you can. Good luck, good health and happy growing.

In the past LARA has sent cg notices when they are no longer someones caregiver. I do not know if this is always done or will continue to be done but I have seen it happen in the past.

Edited to add +1 on grassmatch's response and yes a letter would be helpful. I usually suggest that when the cg has no idea what is going on and sounds like in this situation the cg knew it was coming.

Edited by ozzrokk

I have a question. were you still getting your meds from c.g when number got changed?

I would send c.g a notice to the address you have with your paper work, um the land adress lol not email adress! wow yea the world we live in!

When you send in a change form dropping c.g and getting your plant counts back,,,,,21 days after 10 buck check cashed c.g must destroy card and adjust plant and cured amount.

If your c.g moved hopefuly they filled out a change of adress with the snail mail!  I dont think I would personaly contact lara to ask about the c.g or anything other than what you sent in, ie change form!  I wouldnt want to draw attn to my c.g thru lara, other than the change form!  I would easily walk away with trying the snail mail and form and sleep real well personaly!!

Best of Luck on your garden!

Peace

actually the letter they occasionally send says "15" days from the date of sending. I bet if a patient sent a change form, and in four days it was processed, and no letter was sent to the cg, and the police called lara and gave the cg/patient card numbers, nobody would care how close the dates were, only that they were not registered at the time....just my guess. lara is strict with the info they share, even with the law.

nice arrangement for a wise guy caregiver with a place to sell his wares, other than his shilled patients. these types give us a bad name. sorry you had to experience that.

No I switched to this caregiver in good faith thru a friend of a ex friend maybe that's why the change came about with him idk but no I didn't receive any meds from him any time I called him for meds he was always out or could get some " thru his friend" for double the price haha.