What Is Reasonable Compensation?

slvrvetteragtop

As far as a fair price from a c.g to their pt.  That should have been agreed upon before asigning a c.g to grow your plants or accepting a pt to grow for, the price should already be in stone, and also their is always enough for some freebies for a few of your cash poor pt's, if you cant do that now and than you prob should just grow for your self and not any one else.

This is your first grow as a c.g? and you didnt have a clue as to what you were getting yourself into?

This isnt about the underground grows and 350 to 400 an oz, unless of course that price was agreed on between c.g and pt before hand.

Im not going to even say when I got legal that I didnt have some $$ in my eyes and mind, it didnt take me long to figure out I would much rather follow the law as I read it, not as what others wish it to be!

In vivo, I dont think you have a clue, but im sure Bob can take care of himself with you!

Greg greg greg, I cant wait untill our next laughing out loud session, I enjoyed your company more than I can say, I beleive my face is still hurting from last august!

Peace

I strongly recomend a contract between c.g's and pt's when they become legaly attached thru the state.  It is not hard to change c.g or pt's if things just are not working out!

Pt's complain about c.g's and c.g's complain about their pts who think they own the 12 plants they signed over to their c.g and they think the c.g is growing all 12 plants of all of their 5 pts, If that c.g is growing all of the numbers they legaly have, maybe they should just quit renewing and go back to the black market,  because it doesnt take that much to supply 5 pts, unless of course they are using 10 0z's a month, and if that is the case, the c.g can only legaly give you 2.5 oz's a visit!

Dr. Bob than you for your advise, most people dont know how many growers and pts you have sat down with and talked to, and are friends with, and all of the c.c's you visit to make it easier for pts to have a bonafide dr/pt relationship, not to mention all of the other things you have done for our community!

Imi no matter what you say I have your back, we are birds of a feather!

Patients may need caregivers to assist with things unrelated to medical marijuana.

Caregivers may offer services such as grocery shopping, household chores and maintenance, rides to doctor appointments, or any other assistance or support.

A successful caregiver will adapt their service to address patient needs. Caregiver and patient should discuss their expectations at the outset of the relationship, should have a written contract outlining their agreement.

Thanks Phaq.  I think folks are getting the picture.  The ultimate decider of what is reasonable or not I guess would be the courts and patients.  Using logical accounting not only will let you set a fair price, it provided the information the court can use to wrap it's head around your your pricing and costs.

Dr. Bob

Hey Bob. For the purpose of diagnosing your disorder, please complete the following test and get the results back to me. Thanks.

http://www.allthetests.com/quizerstell/dasquiztd.php3?testid=1016408148

Depending on how this goes, and if you score well enough, you will then be asked to complete the Myers-Briggs.

Edited by GregS

Waayyyy offff ttooppiiccc aaggaaiinn.... spam spam and more spam..

Hey Bob. For the purpose of diagnosing your disorder, please complete the following test and  get the results back to me. Thanks.

http://www.allthetests.com/quizerstell/dasquiztd.php3?testid=1016408148

Depending on how this goes, you will then be asked to complete the Meyers-Briggs.

Yea it may be best to stay on topic and take the rest to pm!  I dont feel like wearing the dunce cap!

Peace

edit= this subject has been in threads so many times, you will see how many times ive changed my mind or opinion, maybe admin can put this thread in with one of the older threads about the same thing!

I as some one that has been around a while have participated in threads with the very same question so many times I have lost count, the good thing is it isnt my job to keep track lol!

Edited by phaquetoo

no worries. you're allowed to change your opinion as many times as you want here.

Yea it may be best to stay on topic and take the rest to pm!  I dont feel like wearing the dunce cap!

Peace

edit= this subject has been in threads so many times, you will see how many times ive changed my mind or opinion, maybe admin can put this thread in with one of the older threads about the same thing!

I as some one that has been around a while have participated in threads with the very same question so many times I have lost count, the good thing is it isnt my job to keep track lol!

What you are leaving out is that if the doc takes a job at McDonald's, he cannot get $200 an hour simply because he is a doctor.

Different jobs have different values.  What reasonable compensation for a caregiver/grower is depends on what folks are willing to pay for those services.  I would venture a guess that $10 is too low and $200 is too high.  One way of looking at it is the replacement cost of a caregiver.

I did that once with a secretary at a clinic.  She wanted $50 a patient, I replaced her for $10 an hour.  What she did was worth $10 an hour.  That is simple business economics.  If a caregiver feels they are worth $50 and hour and others feel they are worth $30, patients and the market will decide if their meds are worth more.  If they are, they will come, if not, they will go.

I charge a certain price for my services.  Others are cheaper, yet folks continue to come to me.  The market speaks and acknowledges quality and price.

Dr. Bob

If the doc/CG can only find additional work at McDonalds then I would agree that her time caregiving is worth about $8 per hour. But if the Doc can work extra shifts at $200/hr then that represents a completely different cost if this Doc/CG decides to grow MJ rather than spend another shift each week in the ER.

It comes down to the term of art in economics known as " opportunity cost ." In other words, what opportunity are you giving up to engage in some other effort. So if a Doc can only find additional work at McDonalds then her opportunity cost is about $8 per hour. If she can log hours at the ER if she wishes then her opportunity cost is $200/hour..or so.

I've provided testimony at several proceedings from circuit court to administrative hearings. My experience tells me that a circuit court judge and administrative law judge just wants some reasonable testimony to hang his hat on. So if I can articulate an answer to a question of fact, he/ she adopts the testimony as fact and uses my testimony as the basis to establish that fact. So what is needed is a good story/explanation. What is needed is a clear and concise explanation. Judges seem to be impressed by empirical facts rather than conjecture and assumptions.

very good points.  I do think the take home message is that they want a logical, concise explanation of how the price was calculated.

My point was 'well you honor, street weed goes for $300 an ounce, so I charge $275' is not going to win you points with the court.

Dr. Bob 

very good points.  I do think the take home message is that they want a logical, concise explanation of how the price was calculated.

My point was 'well you honor, street weed goes for $300 an ounce, so I charge $275' is not going to win you points with the court.

Dr. Bob 

Yes. Street value is irrelevant. Judges are going to look for factual information regarding costs. If a CG sits through cross examination and tries to justify his price based on average market market value, he is screwed. Market value is irrelevant. A CG needs to be able to justify costs in a straightforward way. " your Honor I work hard for a living framing houses at $35/hour. At the end of the work day I farm MMJ instead of taking overtime. So my costs are about $600 per month for lights/ nutes etc plus 40 hours per month in my time that I could have worked at my regular job. " Judges want to/need to be able to connect the dots based on qualified testimony.

Dr. Bob 

Soo, you bumped your head. 

Are you still here?

Edited by GregS

Thank goodness you are here, Dr. Bob, to give legal advice when none is required.

Zap. I don't think dr bob is giving legal advice. He is providing a qualified opinion as a business owner. He's a Dr but not a lawyer or Indian chief. He is giving an opinion as to what is probably needed for mmmp folks to stay safe. I recognize that he isn't a legal professional but my own opinion is that he, as a person of at least average intelligence has a lot of experience in the mmmp world. So his experience as a doc is invaluable but, further, his opinion / experience as an intellectual and informed person is valuable too.

Dr bob recognizes the need to justify costs. We all might agree that we have no need to justify costs. But at least one of us will be called to task for this justification. Is this warranted under the law? Probably not. But the practical matter is that one of us will get arrested and charged with a 4-year felony and will need to articulate why we charged how much we want for our meds. Better to be armed with info. Better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Highlander

Right. Not legal advice, but being played that way. Not a legal issue; not a word in the law.

The problem a lot of us face is that we can adhere to the most conservative view of the law and still be looking at a 4+ felony. So we need to navigate the huge valley between what "\we" think is safe vs what "they" want us to do. And there exists a need for a middle-man to step up,to the plate and testify. Enter dr bob and similar others

What we need in this situation is a qualified patient working with a real CG.

I disagree. How would this happen? This is not an element of either section 4 immunity or section 8 defense.

We can both agree that such a situation hasn't happened and that it might be 1/1000 or less of a chance of happening.

But then again we see about 999/1000 positive results. But that one guy in 1000 might need some additional help if he gets the LEO smackDown.