What Is Reasonable Compensation?

slvrvetteragtop

27 bucks keep in mind that is with all vertical lighting, self mixed nutrients, LABORIOUS AS HELL ultra stupid careful training. I spend probably 1.5 hour with each individual plant about 30 minutes three times in it's lifetime. Once is to fit my VSCROG screen, here and there to move the plant about the screen, then again for a long time in early flower to trim away all the fluff and perfectly align all the buds to the light. PITA

I mean yeah it's cheap but it keeps me running around like a dog.

And the equipment (CO2 burner, MiniSplit AC system, 2X 70 pint dehueys, hydro tables, sump pump, bato buckets, lights, ballasts, framing etc etc) was NOT cheap not by any means and I got all the cheap stuff and I installed it all myself (I'm licensed).

Not to mention I throw a lot of MJ out because I have no way to sell it. SOO if I divided my costs by the number of oz's I actually SELL my cost would look a lot higher. So I have economies of scale in production for sure... but not in reality. If that makes any sense.

I believe the rule is 12" away from any flammable surface on burners. Keep it 16" away or better yet don't have flammables in the grow room (concrete!)

Burners are labeled "NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL USE"

You will be surprised how cool they actually run. Someone I know accidentally left his CO2 burner on ALL NIGHT... IN A SMALL ROOM and in the morning the room was only 115 degrees. The plants actually recovered, scary though.

Edited by Guanotea1

If you haven't had any mites, aphids, thrips, or any serious root diesiese since 2008 you are definately killing it.

I popped my mite/aphid cherry my first "real" grow (I grew once when I was 14 but that doesn't count haha). They walked in when my dirty stupid donkey worked in the room after working on an old truck cap. Plus the plants were burned from overnutrition of course, so that means the bugs had an easy time taking over. I was a dummy, and now I am not.

All three of those bugs you listed are no big deal. The only deal breaker I can think of is maybe root aphids. If you're like me and haven't gotten em', knock on some wood.

Edited by Guanotea1

some c02 generator facts;

my single flame pilot light essentially keeps c02 levels at 900 ppm in my sealed room, requiring the burners to light only

a few times a day during lights on. The morning after a dark night it runs the longest, about 12 minutes to saturate the room

to 1500ppm's.

I can hold my hand above  my generator at a distance of 12 inches comfortably. I consider this unit safer than any gas furnace I've worked on. These are simple straight forward burners with a flame, surrounded by metal on four sides. If it fell, the flame would be out before it disconnected from its chains, the propane valve would close, and it would hit the ground, right when I decided I should have used thicker chain.....

The units are available with many redundant safety precautions, like a motion switch for a tipped or  fallen unit will shut the gas off until a reset, an oxygen depletion sensor, a propane leak sensor, some are liquid cooled with high temp shut offs, water leak detection, water pressure/cooling fail safe, electronic ignition.

In addition when the temperature gets over 100 degrees I get a phone call, higher, and ballasts shut down, with another phone call Fire you say? automated extinguishers will eliminate fire at its source, without damaging plants even. all the fire items are together, in one area, for an easy control from above. These safety measures are cheap, most cheaper than buying an ounce of mj. I'd feel foolish running without them indoors.

My unit hangs form the ceiling about 30 inches or so, above it is plywood, for four years flawlessly. there are no discolorations on the ceiling. The heat production is very low and managed with the right controls/right size unit for the room. The cost to run is low @ 9 dollars per month, 1500ppm 12 hours per day, 400sq ft. Enough air flow to surround every plant surface with ambient 400ppm c02 is impossible indoors, but with an elevated c02, and good circulation, keeping every surface surrounded with fresh breathing c02 is possible. They don't need 1500ppm's, but they can safely use that amount.  A bagged plant will deplete 1500 ppm's in an hour or so in the grow room atmosphere for reference, right down to near 0.

If my burner failed today I would overnight a brand new one, over and over. A plant will grow only to it's weakest resource. My patients are not interested in indoor grown mj without c02 augmentation. Harvests are heavier, finished quicker, healthier, with double terpene profiles compared to suffocation indoors.

I like the idea of those bags, but bringing in fungus spores  into the grow room rarely works out well. brewing is another option, and it does work well.

Did I just read that correct..27 an oz cost to procure..?   OMG.....I wish mine was that cheap..LOL.  Maybe I need to go back to bud school...lol...

It seems every time I expand my garden I solve one thing then down the road another thing pops up.  All these years and I still am scratching my head as to what my bottom line fixed cost per oz is.  LOL. 

I was using like 15 Exhale bags in my room now I ran into a issue with the bags turning black or black spots so I threw out the bags...now looking into running a c02 tank....everyone says just get a burner or generator but shiiyat man those things are super dangerous like burn up your ceiling unsafe.   if I run a generator I will have to install a metal sheet metal over the entire ceiling.  It is truly always something going on in my garden lately.  But at the end of the day if your not totally active in your rooms you surely will run into some issues...in some form shape or fashion.

I just pray I keep my bug streak going..Never had Mites, Thrips or Aphids. 

The only issues i would even describe as a issue is Gnats but they come in all bags of Roots Organics....sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

how many non profit CEO's make 100+ thousand a year.... all of them... I used to live in DC my friends dad was a higher up for a homeless rights advocate firm made 200k. I guess it is harder to go to college on daddy's dime and smoke pot than to learn to grow it. Besides I'm a registered caregiver in CA TOO... try to raise a family on 100k in cali.... at these MI rates no one can afford KOMORN, except the dispensaries, which MI law will truly favor dispensaries very soon.... (people v Johnson dismissal VanSickles conviction) (Blue water killin it w judge lane) (neil rockinds dispensary dismissal SEALED FROM PUBLIC) (HB 660) THE mi LAW WILL BE ALL ABOUT DISPENSARIES unless schedule ! droped then we buy mold.

I would call the average price of producing a pound of indoor medicine between 800 to 1500. probably 1000  to 1200. the costs need to be calculated like they would against us. why shouldn't equipment, legal fees, liscensing fees , security, storage, transportation, bail bonds, retainers, the past criminal convictions, the time spent in jail (100k a day for illegal arrest), uniforms, radios, entertainment, corporate dinners, DONATIONS, all be included.... before DANGER PAY for risking fires arrest, robbery... what about the costs of lost crops....

the numbers for a 12 light bud room could be astronomical... no one gets rich doing MEDICINAL the legal way... even the DeAngalos at harborside have 5K$ cars. but their lawyers have bentlys. The only ones that get rich everyone hates like oaksterdam guy or the Stanley brothers... and they all end up in federal court.

home much would MADD have to pay for a director if the job description read...

You must risk felony prison time navigating a ambiguous (and un ambiguous at court) you will probably end up a test case for COA or Sct. People will target your home for robbery, you will be subject to retrospective law, you will be convicted under laws that the COA put up and Sct outlawed during your probation, and you will have to give up your second amendment rights....

HOW MUCH WOULD A STANFORD PHD WANT FOR THAT

PS YOU WON'T MAKE A DIME FOR 5 MONTHS AND WHEN YOU DO IT IS MONEY LAUNDERING. BUT IF YOU HAVE A DECENT ARGUMENT OR 2 YOU CAN GET PROBATION WITH A 30k$ LAWYER Because the state doesn't want your case to goto the Sct so they can continue to collect as much revenue as possibleon the backs of paitents. while the dispensarie owners rub elbows with the country club boys.

I would call the average price of producing a pound of indoor medicine between 800 to 1500. probably 1000  to 1200. the costs need to be calculated like they would against us. why shouldn't equipment, legal fees, liscensing fees , security, storage, transportation, bail bonds, retainers, the past criminal convictions, the time spent in jail (100k a day for illegal arrest), uniforms, radios, entertainment, corporate dinners, DONATIONS, all be included.... before DANGER PAY for risking fires arrest, robbery... what about the costs of lost crops....

the numbers for a 12 light bud room could be astronomical... no one gets rich doing MEDICINAL the legal way... even the DeAngalos at harborside have 5K$ cars. but their lawyers have bentlys. The only ones that get rich everyone hates like oaksterdam guy or the Stanley brothers... and they all end up in federal court.

home much would MADD have to pay for a director if the job description read...

You must risk felony prison time navigating a ambiguous (and un ambiguous at court) you will probably end up a test case for COA or Sct. People will target your home for robbery, you will be subject to retrospective law, you will be convicted under laws that the COA put up and Sct outlawed during your probation, and you will have to give up your second amendment rights....

HOW MUCH WOULD A STANFORD PHD WANT FOR THAT

only if profits are the agenda I'd say. Otherwise the craft is more of a hobby that can pay for itself legally if done well. I feel bad for the people that have no other marketable skills they'd rather excel in than marijuana growing. Pretty soon the jig is up, and most everyone will be able to grow their own.

ive been a medicinal patient since 1998 and caregiver since about then. I need my medicine. I love marijuana. I have seen it cure cancer. and I believe the usa should produce marijuana locally. I became a caregiver once again when I came home from cali and everyone started buggin me for meds. oh yeah and I smoke like a freight train and I had to get caregiver status to maintain my own UNINTERRUPTED SUPPLY and to be able to store 15 oz at home legal

Busted, Why did you become a CG. It was your own free choice.

my rant was more about the fact that non profits are allowed to make money and people w 25 years in this business are not getting paid even what a non profit white collar guy or the guys that judge us or even the cops that lie on stand. and then it depends on where you choose to live... it definitely cost more to live in suburbia then the hood.

Busted, Why did you become a CG. It was your own free choice.