Dismissal For A Medical Marijuana Patient

All too often, prosecutors refused to dismiss charged once they have been filed, despite an assessment of the circumstances. In other words, even when there is good cause,

prosecutors often refuse to dismiss cases once they have been initiated.

This is all the more true when the client is charged with an alleged violation of the Medical Marijuana Act. For some reason, when it comes to patients using marijuana

pursuant to a valid medical marijuana card, prosecutor’s are extremely resistant to dismissals – even when we have shown that they have met all of the elements under

Section 4 or Section 8 of the Medical Marijuana Act.

Nevertheless, sometimes we are simply too convincing. Such was the case in Livingston County last month. After a lengthy discussion with the local city attorney, all charges

against our client were dismissed outright. No temporary pleas, no appeals. Outright dismissals don’t happen very often, but we fight for them and are fortunate enough to

get well more than our fair

http://neilrockindpcblog.com/2014/03/12/dismissal-for-a-medical-marijuana-patient/?blogsub=confirming#blog_subscription-6

Do the courts pay attorney's fees when they make a mistake? If not then the poor sucker who got hauled in still loses.

Is it possible to sue for damages?

I'am no Lawyer but the Courts never pay for any Lawyer even if they give you one ( Court Appointed ) most don't know that part and think they are Free

And as far as suing good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

You see, this is probably somebody that actually did handle themselves in the correct way, legally, theoretically, however you wanna sayy it. It starts the moment the lights flick or you get a knock on your door. The way you handle it is what matters. If its a knock on the door you simply do not unlock or open thatdoor, if theyre allowed to, let em kick it in, otherwise no enter. Once that door is ajar, they are coming in, and I dont care if youre legal, they will find a way to arrest you and take your bunny muffin, Ive seen it happen. They feel like if they are there, they have a reason. If your neighbors are whining, people can smell weed, sometimes?? Whatever it is. Then what most of the other medical patients will do is try to find any speck of rreason the police had for justifying what they did, or are doing to people. But lets vote for another gas tax!! Real smart

You see, this is probably somebody that actually did handle themselves in the correct way, legally, theoretically, however you wanna sayy it. It starts the moment the lights flick or you get a knock on your door. The way you handle it is what matters. If its a knock on the door you simply do not unlock or open thatdoor, if theyre allowed to, let em kick it in, otherwise no enter. Once that door is ajar, they are coming in, and I dont care if youre legal, they will find a way to arrest you and take your bunny muffin, Ive seen it happen. They feel like if they are there, they have a reason. If your neighbors are whining, people can smell weed, sometimes?? Whatever it is. Then what most of the other medical patients will do is try to find any speck of rreason the police had for justifying what they did, or are doing to people. But lets vote for another gas tax!! Real smart

Let's vote NO on the gas tax and no on anything else they want us to vote for.  You scratch my back and I'll scratch your back type of thing. 

Of course, we are not united (I've been reading the fighting and bickering on this forum for years now), so how the hell are we to get anything done?