High Cbd/low Thc

Johnthecaregiver

I'm looking at adding a high CBD strain to my grow and am curious what you guys are seeing in michigan as far as a need for this.

I'm sure there is a need. I just wouldn't want to grow a strain like this and have it sit unused, I'd want it to help someone.

Any/all thoughts are appreciated

I posted this in patient issues then thought it really belonged here. Thanks

THC has a lower boiling point than CBD. Just be careful to keep the heat as close to 315 as possible. A candy thermometer would be a good tool to use. You would need to experiment to get the ratio your patient wants/needs. Probably better than trying to grow a plant with the exact ratio your patient needs.

Sound plan. Let's say on average that strains have about 1% CBD. I wonder how many grams/oz's of high THC concentrate it would to get 1000mg of CBD? That's not saying you could do it, because the premise is bunk and it's been explained to you. Cannabinoids don't need to reach their boiling point to degrade. If you've got a strain that's 20% THC and 1% CBD with a three degree difference between boiling points, even if you could accurately control the heating process (sure can't do it on a stove), your CBD would be practically gone by the time you had a high CBD concentrate. That means whatever number you figure for how many grams of concentrate it would take to get 1000mg of CBD should be tripled. I suspect that you may have had success finding better ratios for your patients from heating, but I also suspect you're confusing the CBD for CBN, which is likely the cannabinoid more prominent in your heated extracts. Please stop confusing people and spreading misinformation, or prove me wrong with a tech that includes test results. 

Also to answer the op. People need CBD, but many aren't educated about it. A portion of my flowering room is dedicated to CBD production, and I anticipate taking a loss with that portion in relation to standard production. It's very difficult to not become emotionally invested in situations that may benefit from CBD and I can't imagine turning someone away for lack of funds. I say do it as a community service but don't expect to capitalize on it in ways that compare to high THC strains.

In Vivo,

That is my plan. I'm trying to find a good high CBD strain right now. My hope is to get lucky and find someone with a clone.

I have 1 patient opening and would like to find someone in true need of a high CBD strain and not worry about profit, just look to help.

If anyone knows anyone with clones I would love to talk with them. I've read a bit on AC/DC, R4, Charlottes Web.

Thanks

I'm getting my autoflowers tested when I do them outside this summer.  Just a small chainlink cage against the back of the barn and i could do 12 or more in a 6x3x2' hi area on perpetual.  It'll be unnoticeable and can produce plants from seed to cut/dried bud in under 10 weeks.  I'll most likely use it for hash or edibles or tinctures or vaping as the vegetative matter is pretty harsh.  OK for bongs and bad for joints but great for motivation, apatite and pain.  Never made edibles or hash out of it though so I'm excited to try.  Oh this was Russian Rocket Fuel.  The Pineapple Express auto from G-13 was great but ended in a nap in about an hour. Not that motivational. The Barneys Pineapple express was disappointing and the MI-5 was ok but not the best outdoors.  As expected as I found out it was MI for My Indoor-#5.  Yield is about .75-1.5 oz for a plant under 2-3 feet, some only 10 inch colas of about .75ozs.  Some were smaller like BF PE at about 1/4 oz and 7-8 inches tall because of short cold days in the spring.  Max tield in bucket during mid summer are closer to 2+ and plants get up to 3 feet or more.  You'd have to test but I think those have THC but are higher cbd than most strains.  Those will be my summer testing experiments.

Also getting pennywise for edibles(closer to 50/50%).  It's not much to keep a mother and have on hand.  I can make edibles with that and just have 1 that I keep cutting back, ready to go into flower should the need arise.

I'll post what I find out.  Quite interested in finding out the levels and benefits of CBD in my strains and how best to use them.  I've heard bad reports of smoking cbd strains and have only heard good things so far about the oils taken orally.

I want to say I've read reports about people enjoying the smoked flowers, but it's not a similar sensation to high THC strains. I think someone here also claimed to have a patient that uses the flowers as a rescue med or preventative treatment for seizures.  

It does seem like outdoor might be a good way to produce material and keep overhead down.

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): Boiling point: 157 C / 315 F

cannabidiol (CBD): Boiling point: 160-180 C / 320-356 F

Theoretically you could use this differential to increase your CBD ratio. However, it doesn't seem very practical, especially if one cares about consistency in the end product (eg., the BPs are more curves than points and the BPs are close at the lower end of the CBD curve; accuracy of measurement, etc.)

Good to know there are reports of smoking them and receiving help with seizures.  I forgot to mention that there are strait autoflowers available that haven't been mixed with thc strains.  Not sure what the profiles on those are but might try a pack just to grow outside and test.  I'm pretty sure the seedpacks were cheap too.  I'll have to check.

I'm looking at adding a high CBD strain to my grow and am curious what you guys are seeing in michigan as far as a need for this.

there are some patients who dont want to get 'high' and who may prefer this cbd type strain.

also its been big in the news about charlottes web oil for epileptic children. of course, minor patients are rare here in michigan (under 100 of them?).

its always good to have a choice, have that option. or keep it as a mother and pass clones around to people.

I've heard of canna tonic 4 but not Torah bora.

Anyone have any reason why we shouldn't combine a high CBD strain with high THC strain? Not talking about breeding just taking a bud of each, grind together and smoke or make oil out of Chemdawg and canna tonic 4?

Random thought of the moment

The reason is that the cannabis gods do not allow it.

Here my take.....The patients need to first be on the same page and not expect to get a mood elation or high. Trust me this is an issue if you take a regular user and give them that. ...just know some people don't really want that...even if it helps....frustrating at times....

So if you go forward cannatonic is fair but greenwerks r4 is the man....made charlottes Web etc....Google em, you have to sign off your first born if you want it....unless you go clone only stick to harlequin, blue suede shoes,Cannatonic eTc.

One big thing no one addressed is inactive edibles....can't get enough cbd? Why? U can't smoke or ingest enough without getting sick or overmedicated?

Then we don't heat it! If it's not activated with heat or extreme drying it can be kept in a non pyschoactivated non decarboxylate state. What does this mean? Well it won't hit you like before....it will be much less overmedicating....but the cbd u ate in this scenario can be taken in higher volumes without I'll effects....so instead of smoking a gram with 10%...you can ingest multiples of that at 10% strain and increase your overall intake largely. This obviously is best with extracted feco or concentrated forms......hope this helps

Mixing btw seems to be best for patients imho unless they really want cbd only minded extracts

Btw you can heat any meds on a digital vape lime the volcano and use a temp that beats cbd and not thc....

CBD 'only' as medicine IMHO is very a dangerous idea.

Why do you say high CBD is dangerous? I've been reading about Cannatonic, Cannatonic X, and Harlequin and they sound like they might be what I'm looking for.

I'm new to mm & using it via a vape. I have severe arthritis & am always in pain. I've found that the strains most helpful also make me somewhat high which prevents me from functioning. That's fine in the evening but not during the day. That's why my interest in these strains...not that I've found them! Can you elaborate on your post? Thanks!

Why do you say high CBD is dangerous? I've been reading about Cannatonic, Cannatonic X, and Harlequin and they sound like they might be what I'm looking for.

not high cbd, but cbd only as a 'medical marijuana program' is a bad idea, since it does not relieve everyones problems.

I'm new to mm & using it via a vape. I have severe arthritis & am always in pain. I've found that the strains most helpful also make me somewhat high which prevents me from functioning. That's fine in the evening but not during the day. That's why my interest in these strains...not that I've found them! Can you elaborate on your post? Thanks!

you may want to try juicing fresh cannabis leaves. it should contain less active thc, and not make you as 'high' as vape/smoke will. while still providing anti-inflammatory and pain relief.